Welcome to Gaia! ::

Invisible Citizen

hiysinphlay
Thanks prince c:
I'm not too big a fan of shipping, I'm actually very worried about it. I'm pretty sure for my other friend that's in Canada I'm going to be flying them there, but I haven't even looked into prices yet >.<;

I've got them on my local craigslist and I'm going to make flyers to put up at Petco/smart and the local shelters. See what I can find here. It's so not something that I don't want to do, that if it comes down to it with the shipping and everything I might not rehome them at all ._.;

I'm mostly worried about these older girls with the shipping. My friend is going to be getting a pair from Sandrine's litter, I don't think it'll be as much a big thing with the babies, and I'll have them socialized c: so if you want a couple of the babies. She's lovely and plump right now, should be having them any day ^^

You're welcome. c:
I just feel terrible about it because the rats would be so scared and wondering what was going on. ;c
I'd tell you prices if I knew them, I've never really looked into it though.

I'm sure you'll find some people in your area, I mean it may take awhile but chances are there will be some interest. ♥

Do you know what you're expecting with her litter? c:
If you're able to do one of the females (if she has some) and the mother that would be good. ♥
Prince Charmant

You're welcome. c:
I just feel terrible about it because the rats would be so scared and wondering what was going on. ;c
I'd tell you prices if I knew them, I've never really looked into it though.

I'm sure you'll find some people in your area, I mean it may take awhile but chances are there will be some interest. ♥

Do you know what you're expecting with her litter? c:
If you're able to do one of the females (if she has some) and the mother that would be good. ♥

Well she was breed with Ebby my self black :3 they both have very sweet temperaments. I may get a surprise but probably mostly blacks. Sandrine is one of the few mothers I've had that doesn't have a problem with me picking her up while she's pregnant, she's sooo big o-o. It wouldn't take much to get her used to human contact more regularly ^^ I'd be happy to adopt some ratties to you, I already know you take care of them.

Invisible Citizen

hiysinphlay
Well she was breed with Ebby my self black :3 they both have very sweet temperaments. I may get a surprise but probably mostly blacks. Sandrine is one of the few mothers I've had that doesn't have a problem with me picking her up while she's pregnant, she's sooo big o-o. It wouldn't take much to get her used to human contact more regularly ^^ I'd be happy to adopt some ratties to you, I already know you take care of them.

Ah, well definitely show me when the litter has been born. c:
I'd love to adopt Sandrine and one of her babies, I'm sure they both would get along great with all my girls.
I have plenty of time to give so I'm sure and one of her babies would warm up to me quickly. (x ♥
Prince Charmant

Ah, well definitely show me when the litter has been born. c:
I'd love to adopt Sandrine and one of her babies, I'm sure they both would get along great with all my girls.
I have plenty of time to give so I'm sure and one of her babies would warm up to me quickly. (x ♥

There are babies!
Born on St. Pacrick's day :3
Picture
She had 13. I'm not sure of the genders yet, I have a really hard time telling while their skin is still ...translucent. But I'll probably be able to tell in the morning, and get a better picture c:

Invisible Citizen

hiysinphlay
There are babies!
Born on St. Pacrick's day :3
Picture
She had 13. I'm not sure of the genders yet, I have a really hard time telling while their skin is still ...translucent. But I'll probably be able to tell in the morning, and get a better picture c:

Babies. ♥ They're so many of them, they all look like they'll be dark though.
Unless that's just the picture. (x I'm sure there will be a few females. ♥
Prince Charmant

Babies. ♥ They're so many of them, they all look like they'll be dark though.
Unless that's just the picture. (x I'm sure there will be a few females. ♥

Just the lighting, it was night and my room has very bad lighting. They are all very pink right now, but in a few days they should start showing where they'll be getting their color c:
So I lied they aren't as pink already, they are starting to just barely darken up, no definite patterns yet.
Babies
Girls
Boys
Size My other friend who's adopting one, said they looked really big, so I took a picture to show her how big they really were xD

I believe I have 8 girls and 5 boys but I could be wrong o-o it was still a little hard to tell.

Invisible Citizen

hiysinphlay
So I lied they aren't as pink already, they are starting to just barely darken up, no definite patterns yet.
Babies
Girls
Boys
Size My other friend who's adopting one, said they looked really big, so I took a picture to show her how big they really were xD

I believe I have 8 girls and 5 boys but I could be wrong o-o it was still a little hard to tell.

The third one in for girls looks like she'll have neat markings, at least in the picture it looks like it. p:
I hope that one actually is a girl and the end one in the girls picture as well. ♥
They're all definitely very cute though. c: It makes me miss having babies..
Guys...

I have a rat who was born without eyes. Parents are unrelated...
Not sure what to do...

It's about 3 weeks old now. You know cute stage where they have cute fat stubby bodies and eyes are fully open and they're exploring a lot driving moms crazy.

Could cull it...
I just feel so awful for it.
Morphine Kiss
Guys...

Not sure what to do...

It's about 3 weeks old now. You know cute stage where they have cute fat stubby bodies and eyes are fully open and they're exploring a lot driving moms crazy.

Could cull it...

Oh wow o-o
I'm so sorry Morphine ._. that'd be very hard.

Maybe you could find a special needs home for it? I've seen blind rats function just fine, I'd imagine it'd be similar to that. If not culling might be the kindest thing. I also wouldn't breed those two parents again.

Good luck Morphine!

Greedy Receiver

Morphine Kiss
Guys...

Not sure what to do...

Could cull it...

Oh my goodness.. That's awful. I have heard of incidents like this, but I've never seen it myself.
How impaired does the babe seem to be? Is it feeding well? Keeping up despite being blind? If it isn't then I would probably cull it.

I know some rats can function well enougj being blind, but in those cases they had originally been able to see and then lost sight. Special needs facilities may take the rat if you cannot bring yourself to cull the babe.

Poor thing.. ):
Found someone to adopt him! That is, if it definitely a male. I need to get and check to be sure. I just felt so awful earlier I was like "...."

He's born blind. He has tiny little holes where eyes should be. He has no motor issues, seems to react well to touch and talking. Just as active as his siblings.

I'll take pictures of him later. He's super cute.

Invisible Citizen

Morphine Kiss
Found someone to adopt him! That is, if it definitely a male. I need to get and check to be sure. I just felt so awful earlier I was like "...."

He's born blind. He has tiny little holes where eyes should be. He has no motor issues, seems to react well to touch and talking. Just as active as his siblings.

If I was closer and had the spare room for males, I would totally have been up for adopting him. o.o
I feel so bad for 'special needs' rats, although him being blind shouldn't be too much of an issue considering their eyesight isn't all that great anyhow.
Anyway definitely show pictures of the cute little guy when you can. ♥

8,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
Morphine Kiss

I would note the pairing for future reffrence and probably advoid it in the future. Something odd kind of like that happened to the poodle breeder she has a pair she wont do again because something about the genes caused all the pups to have underbites. (still fine for pet homes, but not when you have people wanting to do shows :/ )

Anyways, I would of offered as well to take him if I lived closer... would just have to get a good cage set up that has enough floor space and no where that he could fall... and in that aspect i would end up taking one of his brothers too XD And name him Murdock... and his brother could be Parker smile I hope you get the reference...(I don't know what it is about me I like last names)
That's great Morphine! I'm glad you were able to find a home for him :3 I look forward to seeing pictures of this little guy~

Okay guys I'm feeling supper down. A rat I had found a home for from a previous littler is being returned to me. Little Daffodil unfortunately is not getting along with the new rat (from my last litter). I know that a part of it is my fault and am also quite displeased as I believe a part of it is the adopters fault. I was not informed when Daffodil's companion died, even though it was in the contract. I did not discover this until I had another litter on the way and offered her another female rat. Being alone for so long as contributed to an underlining temperament problems, which is the fault of the breeder, aka me. Daf's mother is a rat of good lineage, well-bred. The problem lies with my out-sourcing for the father. As some of you knew I purchased Socratease from a little pet shop in town, that was known for not taking care of their animals. I choose to breed him even after it had become apparent he had aggression issues, it was quite irresponsible of me. I guess at the time I did not assume I would be able to adopt out any of the babies, but in any case he was not a rat that should have been bred.

If I am able to rehabilitate her, she already has a home, if not she will be culled. I just feel terrible because this all could have been avoided if only I'd been more responsible. I plan to formally apologize to the adopter. I don't know much about Daffodil yet, or how she attempted to introduce the two rats, so when I get her I'll get to see what kind of a problem I'm working with exactly.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff