Welcome to Gaia! ::

Morphine Kiss
hiysinphlay

Ah man, I love sleeping rats xDD Too cute!

is it odd to say I love your yard? xD It's like a freaking savannah. Let a rat play in there and they might discover a lion's den! (Miniature lions? ;D Awesome)

So then do you live IN town? Or outside of a town?

It is kinda cool despite the fire hazard xD Told ya it looked like the savannah lol o: oh gosh I'd be so scared I'd lose them in there, plus bugs, we get lots of bugs and snakes x.x
There's this really neat orange and black stripy one that comes and visits us from time to time, he even came in the house once o.o The cats were all over that, xD scared the crap outta me but not because I'm scared of snakes because I'm scared of what snakes + my cats =s x.x

We live kinda out of town his it's a smaller farming community so most people have large yards with a small garden 3nodding There's a lady down the street I buy eggs from her chickens are awesome :3 plus there's cows and right across the street there's two horses in kinda a vacant looking lot set up ^^

Newbie Noob

hiysinphlay
Morphine Kiss

Congrats! =D I didn't post so I couldn't get on first xD -Sending you 1k, sorry for the silly prize, next time...it'll be better xD-

I'll chip in on the prize if we get to page 200! Or maybe it should be 150 since we move so slowly xD
I has the gold so why not :3

I will also chip in when we reach page 200. 3nodding

Newbie Noob

hiysinphlay
Oh and I remember telling you about my little Savannah outside here's a good image of it x3
User Image
The hill is supposed to be all decorative with large rocks and just dirt but its been covered in weeks since we moved in, there's a little lawn at the top of the hill :3

That is a GORGEOUS hill. I'm so jealous. crying
Scarbi

You wouldn't be so jealous if you were the one who was supposed to weed it xD I suspect the city will contact us anytime about our little savannah fire hazard xD
Especially with the forth of July coming up O-O

Newbie Noob

hiysinphlay
Scarbi

You wouldn't be so jealous if you were the one who was supposed to weed it xD I suspect the city will contact us anytime about our little savannah fire hazard xD
Especially with the forth of July coming up O-O

Aw, you should leave it the way it is. Stupid city. sad

Hilarious Humorist

Wow!! The place exploded with conversation! YAY!

Someone asked what your rats smelled like and my boys smell like warm corn tortillas.
It's a little weird but um...
My name is Koba and I huff rats. u.u;
Seriously. I do like to pick them up and just inhale them cause they smell so good! XD

I don't think I ever noticed a scent on my girls when I had them, though people say they tend to smell like grapes or grape soda. But the boys definitely have that sweet tortilla smell. ^_____^ <3

Dapper Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Morphine Kiss
I stick with baby shampoo, usually. Though i've used Kitten Shampoo also.

My Rats, I mean not all at once, but they do occasionally come take showers with me too. So, bath time is random. xD I can't say I ever plan baths for them either. At least once a month they probably bathe.

On that note, baby nail clippers if you want to buy nail clippers. HOWEVER! An easier alternative is to put things in there that will wear down their nails. What I chose was Lava Ledges, got one in each cage. I put their Treat K-Bob right next to it, and they just love perching on it anyhow. So yeah, I don't have to clip nails any more.

YoursFalsely
I usually just use water and rinse them down, but I sometimes use Dawn dish soap.. probably not the best, but I use so little when I do use it.. their skin hasn't suffered yet. Bathtime is usually once a month for me, but that's just me. I wipe them down with baby wipes (especially their tails) whenever they look like they need it.
Again not recommended, I just use my nail clippers. But I'm so unbelievably careful with them, it takes forever.. pet specific nail clippers are just so ridiculous to maneuver, I can't use them. It's far safer for me to use something I'm comfortable with.
Where do you live? I'm guessing the prices are much different with location.. I'm in new york, and everything is expensive.. lol

hiysinphlay
Wow 24 that's an amazing price! emo wish it was that cheap here.

Unscented baby shampoo is the best imo. And you don't really need to bath them often I usually only bath mine when they get supper dirty, so not very often. Of course a little water play time isn't bad for them at all, especially during summer great way to cool down. I'm not sure about the nail trimmer I've never had to trim mine's nails they usually grind down naturally for me, maybe Morphine can advise you on that.

Wow, lots of responses. owo Thanks guys! <3 I'll definitely use all the advice that you've given me! I believe that we have both baby shampoo and Dawn, so I'll keep that in mind, and maybe I'll look into getting a lava ledge if I have space in my cage. <3 If not, I'll see about those baby clippers.

Newbie Noob

So uh, how do I make my ratties not hate bath time? Whenever it's time for a bath they act like I'm trying to drown them. gonk
Scarbi
So uh, how do I make my ratties not hate bath time? Whenever it's time for a bath they act like I'm trying to drown them. gonk

Well, when you first taught them about bath time, how did you go about doing so?

That itself can make a difference. Building trust is important with them, Though I personally did not do what i'm about to tell you, I just started having my rats take showers with me--well that basically consists of them running around in the tub playing in the water really. Though before hand, I let them play around in the bathroom while I was in the shower or bath or whatever. Sort of let them know it was okay, I guess.

Some things you can try;
Get a paint pan (You know the sort with the slope?) and fill it with water, and get their favorite treat that won't dissolve in water, and lead it into the deep part. See if they'll follow it in. Once they're readily able to do this; you can move to the next thing...

A shallow dish, or tub of sorts, with treats they can fish in BUT if they get scared, easily leave

And then move onto the bath tub or sink, whichever you use to give them a bath in. You can give them treats in it first, to get them use to the idea. Give a super special treat afterwards too, or maybe their favorite vegetable entree afterwards even xD Anything to make them feel comfortable about the bath they just had.

Put toys in their bath, too. Give them a platform they can get on. make bath time more than just a get clean time, make it water time fun.
Kobayashi
Wow!! The place exploded with conversation! YAY!

Someone asked what your rats smelled like and my boys smell like warm corn tortillas.
It's a little weird but um...
My name is Koba and I huff rats. u.u;
Seriously. I do like to pick them up and just inhale them cause they smell so good! XD

I don't think I ever noticed a scent on my girls when I had them, though people say they tend to smell like grapes or grape soda. But the boys definitely have that sweet tortilla smell. ^_____^ <3
Whenever I pick up Stimpy, I love to smell his fur o.o; He's the best smelling boy. xD

I <3 Rat Smell, though. Unless they just had a case of fear poo xD Then they can stay in their cage.
hiysinphlay
Morphine Kiss
hiysinphlay

Ah man, I love sleeping rats xDD Too cute!

is it odd to say I love your yard? xD It's like a freaking savannah. Let a rat play in there and they might discover a lion's den! (Miniature lions? ;D Awesome)

So then do you live IN town? Or outside of a town?

It is kinda cool despite the fire hazard xD Told ya it looked like the savannah lol o: oh gosh I'd be so scared I'd lose them in there, plus bugs, we get lots of bugs and snakes x.x
There's this really neat orange and black stripy one that comes and visits us from time to time, he even came in the house once o.o The cats were all over that, xD scared the crap outta me but not because I'm scared of snakes because I'm scared of what snakes + my cats =s x.x

We live kinda out of town his it's a smaller farming community so most people have large yards with a small garden 3nodding There's a lady down the street I buy eggs from her chickens are awesome :3 plus there's cows and right across the street there's two horses in kinda a vacant looking lot set up ^^

That's what you need a harness for =D The snakes would prove problems, bugs, not too bad as you'd think. Rats just think they're a tastey snack after all xD

Orange and black snake? Like, a milk snake of sorts? My favorite snakes I saw around were always just the average garden snakes. <3 One time, we found a snake, and thinking back I believe it MUST have been someone's pet that got out, but it was about 8 feet long, and once again thinking back resembled a python of sorts. My brother cut it's head off with a shovel, though, then carried it around like some odd trophy. xD I was probably 9 at the time.

Gaaaah. I wish I lived in a farming community, again. I mean i'm in a college town now, and I live 15 minutes from a farming community. But what I want is to live in a NICE community of farming people, without s**t loads of gossip and who's tractor is better and who stole what and who is going to jail next. That's what my area is like. It sickens me. I've been dying to go to the local butcher but I just don't like going in there now. =/ I don't like any part of my old town area.

You know I talked to my husband today I told him I wanted a farm one day with a pygmy goat, a miniature horse, a duck, and a chicken. xD he was so against it, with the response of "I'd be the one cleaning" xDD

8,450 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Regular 100
Hey everyone.
So I don' think I've posted here before but I'm looking for some help.
My rat fell of the top of a shelf and has hurt her leg/foot. Its kind of purple and swollen and had a bit of blood on it but she has since licked it off. She can still put pressure on it and has been scratching herself with it so I'm pretty sure its not broken, but she is favoring it and has been limping. I've been putting ice on it to keep the swelling down and it does seem to have lessoned a bit. Is there anything else I should do or should I just keep icing it and give her time to heal?

Invisible Citizen

User Image

This is Blythe- <3
He got my baby-girl Skit pregnant. c:
I know that she is considered a hooded rat however I'm unsure what to consider him.
Can anyone tell me? [: /I have looked at websites and am still unsure.
Edit: I plan to keep all my babies, just to let you guys know.
I am very well educated when it comes to rats, js. <3

User Image
Prince Charmant
User Image

This is Blythe- <3
I know that she is considered a hooded rat however I'm unsure what to consider him.

User Image

CLICK
^A great site for all that nifty terminology :3
I do have a quick question after seeing the pictures, that bedding looks awfully familiar do you mind me asking what it is you use?

Invisible Citizen

hiysinphlay
Prince Charmant
User Image

This is Blythe- <3

User Image

CLICK
^A great site for all that nifty terminology :3
I do have a quick question after seeing the pictures, that bedding looks awfully familiar do you mind me asking what it is you use?

I've actually looked through that website and the one on the first page and am still having trouble. D;
Well for Blythe I'm using this. For Skit I'm using carefresh, paper towels and the same cedar.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff