Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kipluck

ME TOO! Baby Fable thinks I'm so mean, I am sure because I break up those raisins as little as I can so she gets as MANY tiny treats as I can give with out being TOO bad!

Haha smile
Have you ever given her any other treats?
I've only fed raisins to Dexter, don't really know a lot about giving treats but I know raisins are safe so i've stayed away from everything else. =3
Morphine Kiss
Kipluck

ME TOO! Baby Fable thinks I'm so mean, I am sure because I break up those raisins as little as I can so she gets as MANY tiny treats as I can give with out being TOO bad!

Haha smile
I've only fed raisins to Dexter, don't really know a lot about giving treats but I know raisins are safe so i've stayed away from everything else. =3
Yes, a variety. She's tried yoggies that my gliders eat and she did NOT like them, which is fine. They are basically candy. Dried Papaya was a hit, as was freeze dried bananna, also you know those Gerber Sweet Potatoe Puffs for babies? They are like cereal size but made out of yams? LOVES those!
Kipluck
Morphine Kiss
Kipluck

Haha smile
Yes, a variety. She's tried yoggies that my gliders eat and she did NOT like them, which is fine. They are basically candy. Dried Papaya was a hit, as was freeze dried bananna, also you know those Gerber Sweet Potatoe Puffs for babies? They are like cereal size but made out of yams? LOVES those!

I haven't seen the Potatoe puffs in store, but I know what they are. =3
I will try the papaya and banana, that's usually in the pet shop so when I go on a treat run I will get some.
I haven't bought treats in a while though.
My treat hoarders were my Syrian/Teddy bear hamsters, who passed away. D:
Everything else gets more of the fresh variety for treats.

Assimilated Lunatic

9,250 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
Morphine Kiss
Cherryb0mb_666

Lol, The baby thing is funny! Its sad though that Nemo died sad
I actualy have a lot of pets.
Where I live, not only are there MANY pets but they are mostly exotic ones.
Ive owned almost every type of rodent you can own plus varrious other animals.
Right now I have 2 turtles, some BIG a** fish and a dog.
My friends have snakes, spiders, tranchulas, sugar gliders and so many more.
I know a lot of animal reaque people, I even volunteer and was tought by an animal trainer.
Its not realy hard to own pets here, despite the heat. We just have to know how to take care of them 3nodding

Exotic Pets are great. <3 But I don't think i'll ever own anything more exotic than a Chinchilla. Exotics are just so hard to take care of.
Have you ever heard of a Coatimundi? There's a local Exotic Pet Auction that goes on every month here, my boss goes to get things like snakes or good deals on hamsters and such. It's not just exotic. It's a bit of everything.
Anyhow, someone went with her and bought a Coatimundi and brought it in the shop, had to have been the cutest little guy ever!

OMG! Coatimundis are adorable! specialy when they are little...
But honestly I would be a little frightened to hold them sweatdrop
Sry but I gottss to go xp
Fun Rat Fact:
A happy rat will chatter or grind its teeth. Often, chattering teeth results in "vibrating" eyes, caused by the lower jawbone pressing the backs of the eyes. This is a good sign, regardless of how silly it looks.

TakumaAndo's Princess

Fashionable Lunatic

28,225 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400
*Is tempted to make a ferrets appreciation thread now*

I have to admit, before I was a ferret enthusiast, I was always fond of the hamsters and rats. Hamsters had to be my choice since my mother was terrified of rats and mice. But having had such a beautiful experience with a large pet rat once, I always wanted one and admired their nature.

And I love how cuddly they can be <3

BridgeChan

I have to admit, before I was a ferret enthusiast, I was always fond of the hamsters and rats. Hamsters had to be my choice since my mother was terrified of rats and mice. But having had such a beautiful experience with a large pet rat once, I always wanted one and admired their nature.

LOVE this video because the cat isn't, like attacking the rats, but he is clearly just ANNOYED.

TakumaAndo's Princess

Fashionable Lunatic

28,225 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Kipluck
LOVE this video because the cat isn't, like attacking the rats, but he is clearly just ANNOYED.

I know right? :3!
I think I enjoy seeing stereotypes being broken, because this is obviously not the way some people would see a cat and rat interacting together <3
BridgeChan

I totally recommend doing a ferret thread! I'd love to know more about ferrets. When I was a tot, I always wanted a ferret, never got one, and now that I research them they just seem high maintenance. I don't think it'd get along with my cats judging from a lot of things i've read. xD

But anyhow, I have one cat who's extremely afraid of my rats, one who likes to sniff them, and another who just sits there with them. Then one is still a kitten and is in that hunting mode, and another just ignores their existence. xD

Friendly Vet

39,675 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fluff Rehab 200
Aw, your ratties are adorable! heart

I've had rats for about eleven years now, and it always makes me sad when people think they're disgusting, mean creatures. They really are the sweetest animals ever, and I can't imagine not having one!

Here are a few old pictures of my current rat Kyo, from when we first got him. He's quite a bit fatter bigger now. xd
Hikari_Sango

I've had rats for about eleven years now, and it always makes me sad when people think they're disgusting, mean creatures. They really are the sweetest animals ever, and I can't imagine not having one!

Here are a few old pictures of my current rat Kyo, from when we first got him. He's quite a bit fatter bigger now. xd

Aww, he is cute. smile
Is that crinkle tube made specifically for rats? (I assume it's a crinkle tube, or so that's what I call them. Because of the noise they make, lol)
Anyhow, we have one for our cat, I never even though of letting my rats play in it. The cat stopped using it long ago because "She has better things to do" lol.

Friendly Vet

39,675 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fluff Rehab 200
Morphine Kiss
Hikari_Sango

Aww, he is cute. smile
Is that crinkle tube made specifically for rats? (I assume it's a crinkle tube, or so that's what I call them. Because of the noise they make, lol)
Anyhow, we have one for our cat, I never even though of letting my rats play in it. The cat stopped using it long ago because "She has better things to do" lol.

I've had that thing for years so I'm not 100% sure, but if I remember correctly it's made for ferrets (they don't have much stuff for rats where I live, unfortunately). I know it's not for my cat, there's absolutely no way he'd come close to fitting in it and he's far too lazy to try anyway. sweatdrop
Hikari_Sango
Morphine Kiss
Hikari_Sango

Aww, he is cute. smile

I've had that thing for years so I'm not 100% sure, but if I remember correctly it's made for ferrets (they don't have much stuff for rats where I live, unfortunately). I know it's not for my cat, there's absolutely no way he'd come close to fitting in it and he's far too lazy to try anyway. sweatdrop

There's not a lot here either, unless it's ordered specially. The pet shop here focuses mostly on things like hamsters and guinea pigs, for fun playtime items. =3
I've resorted to making things or giving them things like boxes to play in. But now I want to snatch my cat's toys. xD It hasn't been using it's toys anyhow. Just picking on our dog and biting people's feet.

Friendly Vet

39,675 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fluff Rehab 200
Morphine Kiss
There's not a lot here either, unless it's ordered specially. The pet shop here focuses mostly on things like hamsters and guinea pigs, for fun playtime items. =3
I've resorted to making things or giving them things like boxes to play in. But now I want to snatch my cat's toys. xD It hasn't been using it's toys anyhow. Just picking on our dog and biting people's feet.

They definitely cater to hamsters here. I want one just so I can buy all the cute toys for it!

But none of my pets have ever really cared for toys. They like to snuggle more, which is just fine with me! And eat the cat's food when we let him run around, heh.
Hikari_Sango
Morphine Kiss

They definitely cater to hamsters here. I want one just so I can buy all the cute toys for it!

But none of my pets have ever really cared for toys. They like to snuggle more, which is just fine with me! And eat the cat's food when we let him run around, heh.

Haha! I bet the cat is happy about that. smile

We've had 3 syrian hamsters in the past, they are very fun but actually take a lot of taming down and are a little harder to keep happy. We currently have 2 dwarf hamsters, which are a tad bit easier. =3 Can be cuter too!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff