Welcome to Gaia! ::

Malevolent Firestarter

12,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
My one very large male Dubia ):
I am generally not upset about feeders dying.
Crickets died in my care all the time.
They were assholes to keep alive; ******** hated crickets.
But I love Dubias for some weird reason and today when I went to feed my lizard, I found a very big male Dubia laying there dead ): I mean, I'm not inconsolably upset, just a little bummed.
I don't care much about the smaller ones, as I know they're for food
But the big ones; those are my colony starters, and they hold a special place in my heart.
At least it wasn't my FAVORITE giant male Dubia. He's big and beautiful and his wing buds are starting to come in, and they're shiny and black and I'm pretty sure by his next molt he will have wings.
None of them are completely sexually mature yet, but I have some males right on the cusp, and that was one of them, I'm pretty sure.
It was probably my fault. I forgot to feed/ water them yesterday. I thought they probably had enough; I had just done it. They didn't. The rest of the mare fine, except one, who I think was dying, but I fed it to the lizard anyway so...
Do any of you ever feel attachment to your feeders?

Shy Dragon

24,065 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
i don't have feeders, but when i used to feed my snake goldfish i always felt bad. its not weird to feel bad about losing a feeder. they are living things, and there is no shame in loving them ^.^ what are you feeding them too out of curiosity?

Malevolent Firestarter

12,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
lividdarkangel800
i don't have feeders, but when i used to feed my snake goldfish i always felt bad. its not weird to feel bad about losing a feeder. they are living things, and there is no shame in loving them ^.^ what are you feeding them too out of curiosity?

what kind of snake eats goldfish..?
and it's a frilled dragon

Shy Dragon

24,065 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
Misha Collinz
lividdarkangel800

what kind of snake eats goldfish..?
and it's a frilled dragon

he was a ribbon snake. that is what i was told to feed him. i lost him after 7 months though...i was given a lot of bad information.
and cute! i have a bearded dragon. i feed him crikets and lettuce. he is ..8?...years old i htink.

Conservative Capitalist

10,725 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Olympian 200
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

You think you feel attached to Dubias, try breeding rats!
You don't know how hard it is to decide who's going to be the next meal, expecially when they look like this:
User Image

Rats are awesome animals, and I've really grown to love them. They're smart and loving, even when they're not handled, they're great animals. Just seeing their cute faces really makes me happy :3
I get attached to every litter and hold too many back haha.

~ Fly over me Evil Angel ~

Malevolent Firestarter

12,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
[Kat.On.A.Stick]

You think you feel attached to Dubias, try breeding rats!
You don't know how hard it is to decide who's going to be the next meal, expecially when they look like this:
User Image

Rats are awesome animals, and I've really grown to love them. They're smart and loving, even when they're not handled, they're great animals. Just seeing their cute faces really makes me happy :3
I get attached to every litter and hold too many back haha.

Oh, I did.
I had a bunch of rats at one point.
The babies were always soooo cute...
My hardest to feed off was these babies I got once...
I had a couple of albino hooded rats
They were adorable
something like this:
They still ended up food though
God I wanted to keep one so bad but we already had too many rats

Conservative Capitalist

10,725 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Olympian 200

You understand my pain!
I've got like 15 breeding females and 8 males because I just couldn't kill them haha.
I only have 4 snakes to :P

Good thing I've got a bunch of people that want to buy from me so it levels itself out. ;)

Malevolent Firestarter

12,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
[Kat.On.A.Stick]

You understand my pain!
I've got like 15 breeding females and 8 males because I just couldn't kill them haha.

Good thing I've got a bunch of people that want to buy from me so it levels itself out. ;)

I had like an excess of rats it just
it went so poorly
I had one snake
who at the time was picky and ate only live
and so i had so many rats
and half of the babies went to a pet store
and i ended up with aggressive rats
because i had such a problem keeping up with them because they just exploded into so many rats
so i ended up just giving all of them away when the snake started eating frozen because it was just too much s**t

Conservative Capitalist

10,725 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Olympian 200
Misha Collinz
[Kat.On.A.Stick]

You understand my pain!

I had like an excess of rats it just
it went so poorly
I had one snake
who at the time was picky and ate only live
and so i had so many rats
and half of the babies went to a pet store
and i ended up with aggressive rats
because i had such a problem keeping up with them because they just exploded into so many rats
so i ended up just giving all of them away when the snake started eating frozen because it was just too much s**t

I'm keeping mine very much under control.
I check for heat, and put the females in when I notice it, otherwise they all stay in a giant tub together. My boys have a giant cat cage they are kept in.

I have had a few mishaps from my feeder bin though, but I sell enough to make up for it. If people didn't buy from me I'd probably be way over run D:

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
i will sometimes set aside certain bugs to keep as pets and let them live out their lives

Shirtless Gawker

10,150 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
I spent an hour sitting around with my cat watching my dubia today, so I feel a little less weird now. sweatdrop

Rats are one thing I couldn't do! I've had pet rats, and I would never be able to give any up! I'd have one litter, keep the babies, and permanently go for frozen food (that my boyfriend would have to feed to the snake).
I'm a softie. lol

Malevolent Firestarter

12,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
YoursFalsely
I spent an hour sitting around with my cat watching my dubia today, so I feel a little less weird now. sweatdrop

Rats are one thing I couldn't do! I've had pet rats, and I would never be able to give any up! I'd have one litter, keep the babies, and permanently go for frozen food (that my boyfriend would have to feed to the snake).
I'm a softie. lol

Do you only have one dubia or is that dubia as in plural?
If it's a living animal or creature, chances are very high I will get overly attached to it

; ~;
I'm jealous of you roach people and your visible roaches. My Panchlora nivea roaches all disappear in the soil when I try to spy on them at night. During the day they aren't out at all. emo

Fuzzy Strawberry

13,300 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Overstocked 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
The feeder rats/mice are the hardest. Thats why I don't breed them Dx When ever I go over my friends house that does though I am always like "This one will be a breeder and this one and this one and this one" So he doesn't feed them off...they are all so cute. ;-;

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff