Welcome to Gaia! ::

are there any stores where i can buy the materials?
my teacher said go to target because that is where she got her's from. but i cant figure out what section of the store or anything about where to find it?
i dont know any other places to get the materials and im wanting a bigger and better cage for my guinea pigs.
also on grooming is there a certian angle to cut the nails ?

Familiar Poster

5,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
You can find them in Target near the organizational/storage type things, like where you would find plastic storage bins and shelves and all that fun stuff.

You can also find them at Walmart under the same section. In fact, most stores that sell anything regarding organizational materials and furniture will have them.
Just have to watch out for the bar spacing of them- some brands at certain stores have the bar spacing of the cubes too wide. Guineapigcages talks more about that.

It's good you're wanting to get a bigger home for your pigs! Commercial cages are overpriced and way too small, CC cages are really one of the best homes you can build.
Moth Feathers
You can find them in Target near the organizational/storage type things, like where you would find plastic storage bins and shelves and all that fun stuff.

You can also find them at Walmart under the same section. In fact, most stores that sell anything regarding organizational materials and furniture will have them.
Just have to watch out for the bar spacing of them- some brands at certain stores have the bar spacing of the cubes too wide. Guineapigcages talks more about that.

It's good you're wanting to get a bigger home for your pigs! Commercial cages are overpriced and way too small, CC cages are really one of the best homes you can build.

thanks! i looked and they were cheap. i can even get pink cubes. how many cubes should i get for 2? sets of 4 are about 20 bucks and i know i need room for them and me for my room. the cage they have now is a little too big for my room and i wanted to get them something i can shape around

Familiar Poster

5,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
smells like sexx
Moth Feathers

thanks! i looked and they were cheap. i can even get pink cubes. how many cubes should i get for 2? sets of 4 are about 20 bucks and i know i need room for them and me for my room. the cage they have now is a little too big for my room and i wanted to get them something i can shape around

Not sure how many cubes, Guineapigcages.com should be a little advice for that.
You want 10 sq ft of space preferably, though. To calculate square feet you can multiply the length and width together (in feet), or if you're dealing with inches you multiply length and width together and divide by 144 to get it.

For shapes, usually L-shaped is preferred, so in the short line of the L you can have the food, water, litterbox, etc, then in the long line of the L is room for them to run their laps.
Moth Feathers
smells like sexx
Moth Feathers

You want 10 sq ft of space preferably, though. To calculate square feet you can multiply the length and width together (in feet), or if you're dealing with inches you multiply length and width together and divide by 144 to get it.

For shapes, usually L-shaped is preferred, so in the short line of the L you can have the food, water, litterbox, etc, then in the long line of the L is room for them to run their laps.

that sounds like it would work. is there anything i can use to shield them from getting bedding etc all over the floor? oreo likes to kick things everywhere. also should i get cubes to cover the top?

Familiar Poster

5,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
smells like sexx
Moth Feathers
smells like sexx
Moth Feathers

that sounds like it would work. is there anything i can use to shield them from getting bedding etc all over the floor? oreo likes to kick things everywhere. also should i get cubes to cover the top?

Covering the top is unnecessary, guinea pigs aren't jumpers or anything. The only reason why someone would want to cover the top is if they have other animals (or children) that they're afraid could hurt the guinea pigs.
You can put a border of chloroplast (it's like a very thick durable-cardboard type thing they use for signs) around the cage, or at least just around the area where the bedding is.
Some people don't use bedding at all but rather fleece which they wash once every day or so. Some people think it's easier to deal with rather than bedding.

EDIT: You don't /have/ to use chloroplast, just anything that is fairly durable and firm. You attach it to the cage by making some holes and using zip ties to tie it to the cage.
that sounds good. thank you!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces