Welcome to Gaia! ::

Liberal Gekko

Ok so my cat found a little mouse and hit it's spine so it couldn't use it's legs. So then I saved it from my cat because the poor thing was dragging itself. (picked it up with gloves on)So then I put it in my old hamster's cage. And now I don't know what to do with it. Should I let it go? It can't defend itself. Please help.

¨°o.O O.o°¨

Liberal Gekko

Bump

¨°o.O O.o°¨

Liberal Gekko

bump

¨°o.O O.o°¨

Liberal Gekko

FallingNightMares101
Best thing to do is take it to a vet or let it outside

Thank you! bless your soul....or something.
Thank you so much I didn't even think of taking it to the vet but I'll drive there now!!

¨°o.O O.o°¨

8,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
Kill it, as bad as it sounds it is probably in extream pain right now and will die slowly. It woudl be best to just do it quickly.

Then if you want you can give it to your cat as a treat.

Is your cat an indoor or out door cat? If outdoor make him an indoor cat so he doens't hurt any more small creatures

Liberal Gekko

Mistress of Rain
Kill it, as bad as it sounds it is probably in extream pain right now and will die slowly. It woudl be best to just do it quickly.

Is your cat an indoor or out door cat? If outdoor make him an indoor cat so he doens't hurt any more small creatures

It's ok now I live really close to the vet. So I drove there ends my cat just broke one of it's hind legs
and the vet said I could get it fixed If I pay like a couple dollars.

¨°o.O O.o°¨

Liberal Gekko

FallingNightMares101
The_ring_2

It's ok now I live really close to the vet. So I drove there ends my cat just broke one of it's hind legs

¨°o.O O.o°¨

That's good! biggrin It's sad to see an animal die, but when theirs not much you can do then you'll just have to let it go. But I'm glad it's ok! <3 You should get mouse toys and teach your cat that it's not okay to hurt things

Good idea!! It really is sad my cat killed these really small mice. There were so tiny! My little brother stepped on one of the dead mice. lol

¨°o.O O.o°¨

8,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
The_ring_2
Mistress of Rain

¨°o.O O.o°¨

there is NO way yu can teach a cat not to hunt. you didn't answer my other question is your cat an indoor only cat or not?

and you should be lucky the vet is so nice to do it for so little. But if the cat broke skin the mouse will die. It may also die jsut from being stressed so much from the cat.

Liberal Gekko

Mistress of Rain
The_ring_2
Mistress of Rain

¨°o.O O.o°¨

there is NO way yu can teach a cat not to hunt. you didn't answer my other question is your cat an indoor only cat or not?

and you should be lucky the vet is so nice to do it for so little. But if the cat broke skin the mouse will die. It may also die jsut from being stressed so much from the cat.

my cat's an outdoor cat. And that is very true but the vet fixed the little guy up. And I'm trying to keep the cage hidden from the cat. But yeah the poor mouse. If it gets to stressed and dies or something like that I'll feed it to my cat.

¨°o.O O.o°¨

Liberal Gekko

FallingNightMares101
The_ring_2
FallingNightMares101
The_ring_2

¨°o.O O.o°¨

That's good! biggrin It's sad to see an animal die, but when theirs not much you can do then you'll just have to let it go. But I'm glad it's ok! <3 You should get mouse toys and teach your cat that it's not okay to hurt things

Good idea!! It really is sad my cat killed these really small mice. There were so tiny! My little brother stepped on one of the dead mice. lol

¨°o.O O.o°¨

lol that's gross and sad xD

It is possible to teach your cat too...Just buy some mice shaped toys for your cat and when they attack it tap them on the nose or scold them. As when they don't attack it give thematic treat or praise them. Eventually, or hopefully, you're cat will learn.

Ok I'll try that. He hates being scolded at.

¨°o.O O.o°¨

8,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
The_ring_2
FallingNightMares101
The_ring_2
FallingNightMares101
The_ring_2

¨°o.O O.o°¨

¨°o.O O.o°¨

lol that's gross and sad xD

It is possible to teach your cat too...Just buy some mice shaped toys for your cat and when they attack it tap them on the nose or scold them. As when they don't attack it give thematic treat or praise them. Eventually, or hopefully, you're cat will learn.

Ok I'll try that. He hates being scolded at.

¨°o.O O.o°¨

so is this going to mean you are going to try and get him not to kill birds as well?

*face to desk*

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces