Welcome to Gaia! ::

Everyone knows them by the informal name of "pit bull", but they're more than just the staged photographs of snarling, angry beasts of terror. There's actually a variety of pits classified under that single moniker! Also - Angry beasts of terror? Ha! That's a funny joke, right? All of the pitties I know are adorable balls of love and cuddles. Don't forget that drool, too. Yuck.

So tell me - Which of you folks have a pittie? Do you want one? Maybe you're one of those sensible people who stand up for our lovely pits? ^_^
I want to see pictures! Show off and brag about your pitties, or maybe one that belongs to a friend. Also, do you have a favorite breed of pittie? Personally, mine is the American Pit Bull Terrier. I have one! If I were to choose a second, I would have to say Bull Terrier. I love their pointed snouts, it's so quirky. I won't SHOW favorites, though, because I love all of them. <3 <3

This is Blue! She's 11 but doesn't look that old, eh? She's a bucket of energy, and a big ham. There isn't a second I'm alone when she's in the house (she's laying on my bed right now) and loves stealing attention from our guests. Despite the fact she's an infant in elderly fur, she's loyal, protective, patient, and eager to love/be loved.
User Image
She loves this doll. I woke up one night and caught her cuddling with it, and found this absolutely precious. <3 She woke up right after, so I was happy that I got a picture.
User Image

Devoted Inquisitor

She's adorable!

We think my boyfriend's dog is a pit/peke mix.

I really like pits, but they're not the right dogs for me.
Pits are such sweet dogs, it saddens me when I hear people say bad things about them or harass them because of they're bad rep.
It also annoys me when people blame things on pits that they're family's GOLDEN RETRIEVER did scream

There was a bill that went though Montana's Legislature to ban any dogs of bully origin or looks from the state. This is the bill.

It didn't pass, but it was started by a lady in Billings, Montana. They had problems with dogs running the streets, and I have a feeling she just wanted attention and didn't like pitbull's in general stare And I was looking at Bull Terriers for my first show dog to. I don't regret it though, I love my Troubaderp <3

Anyways. I'd love to own a pit when I move out of my family's home and get my own place. The shelter gets them in all the time so I'll be rescuing for sure! As it stands I could probably get one, but I can't do another dog right now, I have four as is and I don't have the space for another =/

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
i love them. i would have gotten one but my friend told me that she didnt trust the breed's dog aggression issues and wouldnt feel comfortable having doggy play dates with her dog. since our dogs getitng along is super important to me i ended up not getting a pit.

some people think stowrm has a little pit mixed in, im not sure if i see it though. she gets along great with other other dogs so im happy either way
I have a Pit! I'm getting another tomorrow to foster( I think). My Pit's name is Kona, she's mixed with something, maybe lab? I have pictures of her on my profile. <3
Your dog is gorgeous (:

I had a pit bull mix, her name was Smokey, and she was my first dog. She passed away 3 years ago. I'm currently not on my laptop so I can't post any pictures~
It makes me happy to see so many pit bull fans. <3 My friends think I'm going to be a punk version of a crazy cat lady with a lot of pitties, but that's just how I am. I promise I won't go overboard like that, though! o__o

Apocalyptic Fatcat

She's lovely!

Every pit bull I've met has been the sweetest dog I've ever seen. Our neighbor had a pit mix and she was the sweetest little girl you'd ever meet. We'd take treats over to her and she'd love on you forever.

But then he had to move her because my old town had a ban on pit bulls and mixes. It's seriously infuriating that such loveable dogs get the bad rep because of what others do to their animals.

2,950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Candycorn OuO
It makes me happy to see so many pit bull fans. <3 My friends think I'm going to be a punk version of a crazy cat lady with a lot of pitties, but that's just how I am. I promise I won't go overboard like that, though! o__o

Hahaha my mom grew up with pits. They never had fewer than 4 at a time, and I think she had up to 6 at the most lol but she said the brothers would always fight... Anywho, besides that, my sister was babysitting a friend's pit last Christmas, and I was petting him and stuff. Soon as my dad got near, the pit got defensive and scared (he had been abused by a guy before and assumed all men would do that to him) and my dad told me he was vicious and to stay away from him. Soon as my dad was gone, the dog became a sweetie pie cuddle bug once more. I even ended up sharing a couch with him for almost a full night while playing games and watching movies with my sister =) and I have some other friends who had a pit. I took him for walks and took him to the park to play ball and for him to just run till he dropped. He was a sweetie, and his best friend was a kitten. I never had any problems with aggression with him. An old dude at the park even let his smaller dog play with the pit (he would throw a ball and both dogs would chase it, though the pit was too slow to get the ball)

2,950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Akyrin
She's lovely!

Every pit bull I've met has been the sweetest dog I've ever seen. Our neighbor had a pit mix and she was the sweetest little girl you'd ever meet. We'd take treats over to her and she'd love on you forever.

But then he had to move her because my old town had a ban on pit bulls and mixes. It's seriously infuriating that such loveable dogs get the bad rep because of what others do to their animals.

I heard that all military bases have banned pits from the property. Basically saying that AMERICA is against these love bugs.

Dapper Werewolf

Ive considered it but sadly its hard find an apartment that allows large dogs ..let alone pits.

9,050 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
People always ask if my dog (sig) is mixed with pit.
The shelter said he was Basenji/shepherd mix, but I would love him either way. :3

3,350 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Consumer 100
D'aww! All of your dogs are precious. <3
My Friend Kat's Pitbull, Motley. Rescued From HugABull :]
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

My Neighbors Pitbull, Max :] I Babysit Him, He's A Babe <3
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff