Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Browser

I think that pitt bulls aren't bad or agressive it depends on their upbringing I own a pitbull and a rottweiler and they are the sweetest dogs you could ever meet. They do perfect with babies kids and adults alike when they come over to our house. we had a three year old walking around with food and our dogs didnt take it..such smart pups lol
PURRLA1
I think that pitt bulls aren't bad or agressive it depends on their upbringing I own a pitbull and a rottweiler and they are the sweetest dogs you could ever meet. They do perfect with babies kids and adults alike when they come over to our house. we had a three year old walking around with food and our dogs didnt take it..such smart pups lol

You are 100% right! Pitbulls are not mean or aggressive at all. Well unless they were abused. I have one pure red-nose pit and two pit mixes and they are all sweethearts. What they say about pitbulls ripping you head off on sight is a load of bull**** Pits Rock!! <3
I heart pitbulls. I never really got to know what they were like till I spent a couple weeks in a vet's office. They really are very sweet :3

Beloved Browser

HAHA yea they are biggrin I think its adorable when they snore thats one of their many cute qualities

2,700 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
my dog is part pit and she's the best! heart every pit bull I've met has been even sweeter then alot of other dogs none pit! they r total sweethearts if only raised right. if abused they can be aggressive but I've heard they can bounce back if given to a person who knows how to work with them

3,500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Hygienic 200
They may look visious but they are nice it depends who the owners are but there cute hehe! heart

Beloved Browser

ya i have heard that too that they may bounce back your right

Beloved Browser

yeah they deff. are very cute
Personally, I don't like Pitbulls (or most dogs, really xD). But the bad rap that pitbulls have can be pretty easily justified. Yes, with proper training at an early age, they can make good pets. However, they have an very high prey drive. So, a properly trained pitbull may not be a threat to humans, but small animals (such as smaller dogs, cats, etc) and even animals as large as livestock may be attacked and killed.

And honestly, if Pitbulls are such good pets, why is there legislation around the world banning their ownership?

Breed-Specific Legislation

Also, take a look at this "List of Fatal Dog Attacks in the USA". See a theme? There are a *lot* of Pitbull-type dogs on that list.

Now, again, I'm not saying they are *bad* dogs without proper training, socialization, and handling. Any mistreated or poorly trained dog can be dangerous. But honestly? I'd never, ever take a chance with ever owning a pitbull.

Sorry for the rant, but I've seen and heard enough against this breed of dog that I'd never think of the dog as being "cute". xD

Lirende's Wife

Celestial Snowflake

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
It's all on how they were raised. But I believe them to be wonderful loving companions. Of course they have a fearsome bark when a stranger comes to the door. But mine have never attacked anyone.

Aged Explorer

5,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
I am going to have to partially agree with Trickster Kitsune, some dogs are more aggressive then others, it is just how the Breed was made. There are many other dogs that are over protective or aggressive, take the German Shepard for example, it is one of my favorite dogs (if not THE fav) but it is very protective of the family and can get much more aggressive towards strangers then lets say a Lab. Unlike Labs, a German Shepard requires a firmer hand and so do dogs like pit bulls.

5,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
:3 they're adorable but illegal where i live. ):

Beloved Browser

Pit bulls in some states are not allowed to be owned because those states have problems with dogs fights and people breedign them just for that. that is why they also get their bad rep. Thank you for you opinion its is greatly appreciated trickster.

Beloved Browser

Me and my husband are movign to virginia and we are havign to buy a house we cant get a appartment because they dont accept my two dogs because or their breed. yes we could have found one but we had to stay close to one of their navy bases.
User Image
I believe that pitbulls are not bad,
they become bad because the owners raised them badly or mistreated them.
It's sad that people label these dogs as dangerous and such when they're not.
they are really sweet.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces