Welcome to Gaia! ::

Distrustful Prophet

55,525 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Team Moira 200
  • Conventioneer 300
Noa_Koristo
I like both cats and dogs. I only picked cats because I've grown up with them. I really like wolves, owls and birds of prey best. I pretty much like anything that's even vaguely cute and fluffy, I even think baby parrots are cute.

I think that a Fennec Fox as a pet would be awesome. They are so cute.
A parrot would be awesome too.

Yes, I love fennecs! Those huge ears are indeed adorable. xd

My one and only obsession in life are wolves, followed closely by foxes and skunks. Unfortunately, only the latter two can be considered 'pets'...

Divine Whisperer

31,725 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Don't wish to quote the ill-informed because I don't wish to stir up trouble... but Foxes are easily domesticated, in fact it only takes a few generations of captive-bred foxes for their ears to start drooping. Many animals, if raised in captivity from a baby, will grow up liking at least their owner as far as humans go, I know for a fact that includes skunks and foxes.. not sure about raccoons or squirrels. I don't really think there's a big problem with taking animals out of the wild (edit: by not seeing this as a problem I mean I don't think people can really do it and get away with it) because in most states where you are allowed "exotic" pets you must get them from a licensed breeder or you can't get veterinary care for them in most cases...
I love dogs and wolves. end of story 3nodding

Halkio's Princess

Greedy Abductee

I was bit in the face by a dog when I was little.. didn't make me hate dogs. Only made me very weary of wiener dogs.

Got the tip of my finger ripped off (plus minor other injuries) by an old little dog, and that kinda messed me up.

But I have my own dog and I am fine with her and most other dogs too. I just get scared if a dog is too physical with me or if I have to walk around a dog that is sleeping/laying down.

I think squirrels are illegal to have as pets here and I don't think they are safe at all. A squirrel can really mess you up. I've known lots of people with pet raccoons though.

I still prefer dogs over any other pet. =)

Halkio's Princess

Greedy Abductee

BerserkLeon
Don't wish to quote the ill-informed because I don't wish to stir up trouble... but Foxes are easily domesticated, in fact it only takes a few generations of captive-bred foxes for their ears to start drooping. Many animals, if raised in captivity from a baby, will grow up liking at least their owner as far as humans go, I know for a fact that includes skunks and foxes.. not sure about raccoons or squirrels. I don't really think there's a big problem with taking animals out of the wild (edit: by not seeing this as a problem I mean I don't think people can really do it and get away with it) because in most states where you are allowed "exotic" pets you must get them from a licensed breeder or you can't get veterinary care for them in most cases...

so you know about the fox experiment but you don't know about the experiment with the wolf pups? They say dogs have evolved to communicate with people in ways that other animals don't.
skip to 2:36 seconds
Koolsnowball
Son of Jenova
Foxes, raccoons, skunks, ferrets, and squirrels are, in fact, vastly superior to cats and/or dogs. Yes, I said it and I stand by it. xp

Man, screw that, snakes ftw.

Or hamsters, rats, and mice. You forgot those. :T

... Or fine, Guinea Pigs and Rabbits, there.

Snakes. Win.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces