Welcome to Gaia! ::

So.. As I've posted my dog had a mammary tumor. We got it removed and now her stitches were taken out. No complications and she seems great. My only concern is she has a some-what kind-of squishy lump where the tumor was removed, I have a fear of abscesses... People keep reassuring me its scar tissue but.. D:

Well, since Lucky's battle with the tumor was won she has come down with a cough. Sounds rather dry and she does gag and swallow like its mucus or something. -.-' I'm thinking kennel cough, but she;s her happy go lucky self and it only happens when she's excited or excersizing. Bah, hum bug.

I had to rush my cat Rain to the vet yesterday. She was straining to pee, peeing diluted blood, and peeing in random places. She squatted and pee'd directly in front of us when everyone was standing around in the kitchen.. Just on the floor. Now she has chosen the kitchen floor as her new litter box.. How do I make this stop? D: Once the infection is gone will she return back to the litter box..? The vet old me all UTI's are caused from the outside in.. Bacteria entering then causing infection but I've heard differently before. He even shrugged off adding more water to her diet saying it probably wouldn't help. :l How can I help prevent her from getting another UTI? We've been adding water to her food now already.

Also, Wellness has a can food out for dogs. The ingredients are basically "Whole ground chicken, water" Or something like that, can I a couple spoon fulls of this a day as a extra along with water on her food? I looked and they have basically the same thing for cats but small, more expensive cans. :l

Omfg, I swear if I have to have ANOTHER vet visit for the dog and her cough. I myself have even gone to the emergency room for a severe UTI and today took my bf to a walk-in for a Upper respiratory infection. Its been a bad three weeks health wise. x.x
Clearly, Cardi, you are not allowed to leave home...

Otherwise, it definitely doesn't hurt to up the water-intake.
Wellness wet cat food is expensive. I'd imagine as long as she's getting her taurine still it'd be okay to use the dog. Or else if you can find a cheaper good-quality wet cat (but if you do, you have to share the info, because it's the kind of thing that'd be nice to save pennies without compromising quality on)
~ Aki - Fairy ~
Clearly, Cardi, you are not allowed to leave home...

Otherwise, it definitely doesn't hurt to up the water-intake.
Wellness wet cat food is expensive. I'd imagine as long as she's getting her taurine still it'd be okay to use the dog. Or else if you can find a cheaper good-quality wet cat (but if you do, you have to share the info, because it's the kind of thing that'd be nice to save pennies without compromising quality on)

Its Floridas fault. ALL Florida's fault. Everything was fine and dandy, I go down to Fl and have an amazing time hiking and enjoying the wildlife then I come home to a tumor, personal UTI, cat's UTI, possible Kennel cough, and bf's URI. Kill me now. Oh well, everyone is recovering, after a dent in my wallet. FFUUU. D<

The cans are these: http://www.wellnesspetfood.com/product-details.aspx?pet=dog&pid=51#ingredients Not sure if they really are new, but I just noticed them recently. I was looking for something to switch up some proteins in my dogs diet and I found beef. biggrin They have like Beef, Chicken, Turkey, Lamb, Salmon. They are 'toppers' and basically just meat and water and whatever they use to make it jelly..

They also have these: http://www.evangersdogfood.com/dog/dog_handpacked.php My petstore had a shipment in once and I picked up a can of whole chicken thighs for.. 98 cents. Was extremely cheap and the dog loved it. Its just two chicken thighs and water and thats -it-.
Go to the vet to get that bump checked out. Is it forming as a bump? can you feel it? To me, it sounds like a hematoma (sorry for the spelling, my internship notebook is all the way downstairs,and I'm to lazy to go and get it. sweatdrop )
Oh, and next time you go to the vet tell them to check out your dogs kennel cough, and make sure to get a Bordetella shot.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff