Welcome to Gaia! ::

CarapaxtotheMax's Partner

Dapper Sex Symbol

Ahhhh I am so excited. *__* Things are finally moving forward with the breeder I'm talking to about a 2012 male Arizona Mountain kingsnake I've been trying to snag for a few weeks now. The poor guy's had internet and computer trouble right when I was ready to make the deal, but he finally managed to send me a picture:

User Image

He's actually poss het for Applegate, but I'm not particularly interested in breeding. This'll be my first snake (and definitely not the last...)! I've only wanted one since I was a tiny child, but what with me moving into an apartment soon for vet school my mother finally relented. Also, no names seem to fit yet so I think I'll be waiting until I get to know him for that. Feel free to suggest some! c:

Devoted Inquisitor

How exciting! What a cutie!

Dapper Sex Symbol

Latrans

Thank you! c: It's been kind of nervewracking waiting for a response. I feel like I won't relax until he's safely home with me.

Devoted Inquisitor

o-o_TeaThyme_o-o
Latrans

Thank you! c: It's been kind of nervewracking waiting for a response. I feel like I won't relax until he's safely home with me.

He looks like he's going to be way fun.

Dapper Sex Symbol

Latrans
o-o_TeaThyme_o-o
Latrans

He looks like he's going to be way fun.

Oh yes, he should be. xD; I've been told he's pretty wriggly from lack of handling, but on the major plus side he's never struck. I mean, we'll see if he musks me to death when I first pick him up, but I'm not too bothered by that. I'm sure he'll calm down eventually. And honestly I'm just thrilled that he eats both live and f/t. Nice to have a flexible feeder, lol.

Dangerous Lunatic

8,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Brandisher 100
I had actually been planning to get a kingsnake when I ended up with my boa, but the little guy was quite vicious, where as Beans is a complete doll! Have to say, your guy is my favorite coloring for a king, and if anything ever happens to Beans I'll probably go with one of those.

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
kings are always so pretty. i hear they are good eaters too

Dapper Sex Symbol

Payton Leeroy
I had actually been planning to get a kingsnake when I ended up with my boa, but the little guy was quite vicious, where as Beans is a complete doll! Have to say, your guy is my favorite coloring for a king, and if anything ever happens to Beans I'll probably go with one of those.

I'll be sure to let you know how he is once I get him! I've heard from several different breeders that as far as kings go, the pyros (just another common name for the AZ mountain kings) are the calmest of the kings they raise. c: I'm hoping to get a boa in the future, actually! One of the smaller types, like a Hog Island. But that's way ahead, I think.

Dapper Sex Symbol

Shanna66

Oh yep, kings are usually pretty voracious. I've heard the mountain kings are a little more picky, but this one is well-established and hasn't had a problem, thankfully.

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
o-o_TeaThyme_o-o
Shanna66

Oh yep, kings are usually pretty voracious. I've heard the mountain kings are a little more picky, but this one is well-established and hasn't had a problem, thankfully.

thats good. picky snakes can be such butts

Dangerous Lunatic

8,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Brandisher 100
o-o_TeaThyme_o-o
Payton Leeroy

I'll be sure to let you know how he is once I get him! I've heard from several different breeders that as far as kings go, the pyros (just another common name for the AZ mountain kings) are the calmest of the kings they raise. c: I'm hoping to get a boa in the future, actually! One of the smaller types, like a Hog Island. But that's way ahead, I think.

I've really been enjoying my boa, even though I rarely see her outside of the times I actually bring her out of her cage. Every so often I can catch her getting a drink, but she has one hide that's half on warm and half on cool, so she rarely strays from it since she can regulate herself in it. Course, I have a ball, and apparently that's normal for them, so apparently I'm doing something right! I've always been a fan of decorating cages though, so I don't mind just having a pretty setup on display without many people getting to see the actual animal inside.

Dapper Sex Symbol

Payton Leeroy
o-o_TeaThyme_o-o
Payton Leeroy

I've really been enjoying my boa, even though I rarely see her outside of the times I actually bring her out of her cage. Every so often I can catch her getting a drink, but she has one hide that's half on warm and half on cool, so she rarely strays from it since she can regulate herself in it. Course, I have a ball, and apparently that's normal for them, so apparently I'm doing something right! I've always been a fan of decorating cages though, so I don't mind just having a pretty setup on display without many people getting to see the actual animal inside.

Ohhh, same here with the pretty cage setups. I've really enjoyed setting everything up for this boy. His tank looks quite snazzy. I'll rearrange things if it turns out he needs something different, but until then it still looks nice, baha. I feel like half the fun is creating their environments.

Edgiest Knife

43,715 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • The Edgiest 250
AZ mountain kings are one of my favorite snakes! emotion_kirakira Your boy is GORGEOUS, and they're only prettier in person!

Colubrids can get a little crazy if they haven't been handled, just go slowly - a few minutes a day to start with, once he's had some time to settle in. My hognose went from flailing, hissing, musking cobra-wannabe to adorable snugglebutt so if he can tame down I'm sure your snake will be no problem.

Dapper Sex Symbol

Friday_Dora
AZ mountain kings are one of my favorite snakes! emotion_kirakira Your boy is GORGEOUS, and they're only prettier in person!

Colubrids can get a little crazy if they haven't been handled, just go slowly - a few minutes a day to start with, once he's had some time to settle in. My hognose went from flailing, hissing, musking cobra-wannabe to adorable snugglebutt so if he can tame down I'm sure your snake will be no problem.

Ohhh, thank you so much for the advice! I'm going to give him lots of time to settle down once I get him, then just take it slow. Luckily we have a lot of time before I get busy, so I can really focus on making him comfortable.

And I really cannot wait to see him in person. The breeder should be calling me today to setup a meeting time (thankfully he's basically local so I don't have to worry about shipping), so fingers crossed that he'll be with me soon! Then it'll be time for a quick picture spam. 8D

Dedicated Hoarder

Very cute. XD I have no intention. On getting a king. I hear things. :O But I do have more snake wants and have three right now

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff