Welcome to Gaia! ::

Optophobe's Wife

Feral Humorist

I'm finally getting a new pup soon, we're adopting one from a rescue.
It'll either be a black German Shepherd or a "regular" German Shepherd.
It's been almost 7 years now since my German Shepherd Beagle mix Rocky passed away.
I'm rather excited, we already put the application in for adoption.
How long did it take for you guys to get a new pet after one died?~

Invisible Citizen

User Image

The black one is sooo cute. ;c The other one probably is as well but the picture doesn't really show his/her full face. o:
Anyhow when my dog (who was around since I was a child) died we got a new dog about five months later. o.o
Only really due to the fact that my mothers friends dog had puppies and we just kind of got one.
That was a good four years ago though. c:

User Image

5,100 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Wall Street 200
I waited two months to get a new pet
i has new kitter named Twigiht - "downsun dark". she has all color fur . smile

Dapper Werewolf

Daww I currently own a German Shepherd Beagle mix. He will be 11 on my birthday.
Personally I like the all black pup. Those just aren't as common ,though I would go for the pup I have the bigger connection with.

8,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
well if we are talking dogs and cats.... s a child it was about a week I think... because my grandma didn't want me growing up with out a best friend (the dog that died Tera had been my guardian angel since I was brought into the house at 2 months premie.... and passed because of poision when i was like 5.) Iw as to young to fully understand death and they looked around for a small dog. They found one bu the shelter had already adopted the girl out.... so they saved a terrier mix that was schedualed to be put down. He was a great dog though when g-ma got sick and I had to move in with an aunt, I had to elave him.... and he ran away about a month after i disapeared.

Then for the animals at my aunt's house... it has been about 5 years since we have had an animal and they kind of adopted a stay cat, who lives out in our garage... he can't come in because of a blind man, and he is a cat that loves to weave between feet.

Two years ago I had gotten gerbils though, and at christmas one passed and I bought the twins about a week or two later, my reasoning was for my Jethro, so he wasn't lonely... he took the new boys in like a charm. so much so that I could of probably done split cage for only two days. But since Jethro has passed I haven't gotten any others. Want to save a couple of gerbils aorund town though.... 2 are probably over a year old and still waiting for a home, and there is a lonely girl that would do better with some tlc.
I know what it's like to loose out on an amazing pet, i lived with 2 full breed German Shepards, they were very calm and so nice to have around, and very obedient. Unfortunately the mother had to get put down, she was old, but the other one we had which was her pup died of cancer.It was about a few months until my family got a rescue dog and more surprises happened...she gave birth to 9 pups! soo cute heart But yeh i'd go for the black pup, no wait the other...hmmm...hard to choose, they are all soo cute and have their own personality smile Well i hope the new pup brings you happiness and it isn't too disobedient! wink

8,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
I like Chance (black one...assuming their names are the title of pictures)

he is very pretty.... all ears and paws right now XD

Optophobe's Wife

Feral Humorist

Prince Charmant
User Image

The black one is sooo cute. ;c The other one probably is as well but the picture doesn't really show his/her full face. o:
Anyhow when my dog (who was around since I was a child) died we got a new dog about five months later. o.o
Only really due to the fact that my mothers friends dog had puppies and we just kind of got one.
That was a good four years ago though. c:

User Image

I'm pretty sure my parents are leaning towards the black one, but I like the second one better for some reason. But now I'm thinking it honestly doesn't matter to me, as long as we get a new pup and we're all happy then it's all good. c: I wasn't around for my dog's entire life, but he was the only one I'd ever grown up with as a child. It's just been a while. o-o

Optophobe's Wife

Feral Humorist

Gingitsune01
I waited two months to get a new pet

Lucky. ; u;
My parents just continued to wait and wait and wait.
And they just decided after years.

Optophobe's Wife

Feral Humorist

Fading Fantasma
Daww I currently own a German Shepherd Beagle mix. He will be 11 on my birthday.
Personally I like the all black pup. Those just aren't as common ,though I would go for the pup I have the bigger connection with.

German Shepherd Beagle mixes are one of my favorites~
But my mother said that with Chance, it's too coincidental.
My father said he'd want a black shepherd, and the dog was born on their anniversary.
So they're thinking it was meant for us, but our neighbor said to bring a flashlight to look in the dog's eyes and check his reflection.
But my old dog apparently picked my father out, instead of the other way around.
But we'll see. c:

3,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
i like the black one heart i waited a couple years. my beagle sixx had to be put down cuz she had cancer and was really sick. she could barely eat, and when she did, she puked it all up. now i have a chocolate lab ninja

Newbie Feeder

9,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
Well I think they both look like sweet boys though I'd go with the one that fits best into your family personality-wise. Some GSDs can be really driven and gogogo which isn't the best bet for the average family.

My cat, who was 14, was put to sleep in October due to cancer. I ended up getting a ferret the next February so that was four months. Boogie just kind of came along and everything fell into place otherwise I may have held out longer.

Optophobe's Wife

Feral Humorist

Mistress of Rain
well if we are talking dogs and cats.... s a child it was about a week I think... because my grandma didn't want me growing up with out a best friend (the dog that died Tera had been my guardian angel since I was brought into the house at 2 months premie.... and passed because of poision when i was like 5.) Iw as to young to fully understand death and they looked around for a small dog. They found one bu the shelter had already adopted the girl out.... so they saved a terrier mix that was schedualed to be put down. He was a great dog though when g-ma got sick and I had to move in with an aunt, I had to elave him.... and he ran away about a month after i disapeared.

Then for the animals at my aunt's house... it has been about 5 years since we have had an animal and they kind of adopted a stay cat, who lives out in our garage... he can't come in because of a blind man, and he is a cat that loves to weave between feet.

Two years ago I had gotten gerbils though, and at christmas one passed and I bought the twins about a week or two later, my reasoning was for my Jethro, so he wasn't lonely... he took the new boys in like a charm. so much so that I could of probably done split cage for only two days. But since Jethro has passed I haven't gotten any others. Want to save a couple of gerbils aorund town though.... 2 are probably over a year old and still waiting for a home, and there is a lonely girl that would do better with some tlc.

I had a hamster for maybe two and a half years while my dog was gone. And lizards. o-o They just loved to crawl everywhere. c: And I'm sorry to hear about your dog and cat. :c I also hope that you can give those gerbils a home. c:
And I agree, both seem to be beautiful. :3

Optophobe's Wife

Feral Humorist

Meiska
I know what it's like to loose out on an amazing pet, i lived with 2 full breed German Shepards, they were very calm and so nice to have around, and very obedient. Unfortunately the mother had to get put down, she was old, but the other one we had which was her pup died of cancer.It was about a few months until my family got a rescue dog and more surprises happened...she gave birth to 9 pups! soo cute heart But yeh i'd go for the black pup, no wait the other...hmmm...hard to choose, they are all soo cute and have their own personality smile Well i hope the new pup brings you happiness and it isn't too disobedient! wink

Gaha, thank you~
My dog had died of cancer, he had a tumor and it just exploded one day.
Died at the vet's office. :c
And I'm going for a rescue, but my parents don't like females.
Lucky, GSDs are my ultimate favorite, I would have loved to grow up with more than one.
Also thank you, I hope too, we just need to check their reflections with a flashlight. :3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff