12,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Okay so I picked up my lizard today.
Here is a pic:
User Image
Idk what sex because apparently, it is too young
I have heard that frilled dragons are difficult to tame. That they are nippy and try to run away a lot.
But this thing is tame as ********.
She told me they were both very tame (there were two but I chose this one because it was larger/older and I have a fear over tiny lizards)
I was elsewhere in the store and she just brought it out in her hand, and it wasn't struggling or anything.
She took the other one out and showed me
And then took this one back out
It struggled slightly, like it flailed a bit and then calmed down right away
When I took it out of it's container it flailed slightly but then let me hold it, but I put it in the cage fairly quickly because I didn't want it to get stressed.
It was really chill for a while in the container, then started getting annoyed and climbing/scratching the walls (part of it was mesh)
So is this tame s**t normal? Is it good? Or does it mean it's sick?
It's exploring right now. Every time I go in there it's somewhere else.
It has yet to frill up (which is not a problem for me, but I know they do it when they get freaked out)
I touched it while in the cage and the most it did was kind of hop.
I hear that captive bred, which is what you want, are more expensive
This one was $200.
So uh yeah anyone wanna give me some info.
Did you ask if they handled it a lot at the store? When you are buying from a petstore often you don't know what you are getting. It could be seemingly really tame because it is super stressed out, weak from improper feeding, sickly, ect. It is possible it just got a lot of handling and thus has tamed up some. In my opinion, baby lizards are not that hard to hand tame to begin with so I wouldn't focus on that one point. Instead I would worry about making sure it settles in and you are doing all the proper feeding/lighting for it to thrive since you don't know if its growth is already suffering from improper care.
Misha Collinz
Here is a pic:
User Image
I have heard that frilled dragons are difficult to tame. That they are nippy and try to run away a lot.
She told me they were both very tame (there were two but I chose this one because it was larger/older and I have a fear over tiny lizards)
I was elsewhere in the store and she just brought it out in her hand, and it wasn't struggling or anything.
When I took it out of it's container it flailed slightly but then let me hold it, but I put it in the cage fairly quickly because I didn't want it to get stressed.
It was really chill for a while in the container, then started getting annoyed and climbing/scratching the walls (part of it was mesh)
It has yet to frill up (which is not a problem for me, but I know they do it when they get freaked out)
This one was $200.

when it comes to reptiles first fee steps apply with ALL reptiles which is leave me alone for 48hrs minimum. And feed me lots within the hrs u leave him/her alone it is getting use to most sounds cars. Alarms and among other stressful things when u get a frilled lizard its true they are hard to sex as babies the vet can help u more then I can I need to see the vent then I can help a little more but hand taming takes time and patients work with him/her in the cage for about 5 mins making and on 2 minutes everyday do this everyday for a week. Then start again but held close to your body for 5 mins struggle is a sign of health never forget this as they are babies so it is a natural pray instinct. Anything else just ask

Malevolent Firestarter

12,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
kinslayer12
Misha Collinz
Here is a pic:
User Image
This one was $200.

when it comes to reptiles first fee steps apply with ALL reptiles which is leave me alone for 48hrs minimum. And feed me lots within the hrs u leave him/her alone it is getting use to most sounds cars. Alarms and among other stressful things when u get a frilled lizard its true they are hard to sex as babies the vet can help u more then I can I need to see the vent then I can help a little more but hand taming takes time and patients work with him/her in the cage for about 5 mins making and on 2 minutes everyday do this everyday for a week. Then start again but held close to your body for 5 mins struggle is a sign of health never forget this as they are babies so it is a natural pray instinct. Anything else just ask

He's actually become an a*****e in the past week or so. He struggles so much and frills like all the time.
I take him out to feed him and I kind of have to chase him around the cage just to get him.
But he's pretty damn healthy lately it seems...
but I will think about using what you said about taming them because he's not quite so tame anymore...
Misha Collinz
kinslayer12
Misha Collinz
Here is a pic:
User Image
This one was $200.

He's actually become an a*****e in the past week or so. He struggles so much and frills like all the time.
I take him out to feed him and I kind of have to chase him around the cage just to get him.
But he's pretty damn healthy lately it seems...
but I will think about using what you said about taming them because he's not quite so tame anymore...

what you will find is no matter where your reptile is from they seem tame enough to handle and seem healthy but its because they are use to the store I use to work at a petstore so I understand a little more about reptiles because that was my area we always quartined them (away from public view) for 2-3 days depending your new lizard depends on knowlege and patients trust me I had the same problem with bothe crimson and Athena if you're patient and work with him even if this means sitting in the dark watching a movie while your babe sits and looks around they eventually understand your not going to hurt him. And for a bond...try hand feeding him greens and bugs NO FEAR is important as well go in and show him who the boss is had troubles with crimson my oldest I have bearded dragons but do research on other reptiles daily for my reptile house I will open.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff