Welcome to Gaia! ::

Codebreaking Stalker

So my little piggy will be three weeks tomorrow and we were told he should have some real food in his diet by then. So last night this was his first solid meal:
User Image
It included spinach, strawberries, tofu, pineapple, greek yogurt, and medicated pig feed. He loved everything except the medicated pig feed(it's supposed to ensure he gets nutrition he might be missing because he isn't on real sow milk).

This morning we gave him a solid breakfast:
User Image
It consisted of mushrooms, strawberries, bananas, and medicated pig feed. Once again he ate around the medicated pig feed.

So any ideas of how to get him to eat the pig feed or anything I should maybe add to his diet?

Familiar Poster

5,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
Could you moisten the pig feed with warm water, mash it up, then mix in his favorite fruits/veggies/whatever he likes?

Also, instead of using warm water, you could use whatever else you think he may find delectable (maybe warm chicken or vegetable broth? I don't know).

The pig feed looks like rabbit pellets, by the way. =P

Codebreaking Stalker

Moth Feathers
Could you moisten the pig feed with warm water, mash it up, then mix in his favorite fruits/veggies/whatever he likes?

Also, instead of using warm water, you could use whatever else you think he may find delectable (maybe warm chicken or vegetable broth? I don't know).

The pig feed looks like rabbit pellets, by the way. =P

We tried mashing it up with his replacement milk but maybe we could mix it with greek yogurt or strawberries, he loves strawberries.

9,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
besides the pigfeed that looks really yummy. ive never met a pig on a healthy diet before, all the ones ive met werent "pet" pigs, they were to be eaten eventually and they only got leftover people food and old scraps

Feline Fairy

Perhaps make him a sort of milkshake of it, the yogurt, and the strawberries/bananas?
When he's consuming the shake reliably, leave some small chunks of the pigfeed, and slowly increase their size?
yeah my only suggestion would be to grind/mash up the feed and mix it in with something he likes.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff