Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'm in need of some advice on my 9 year old Cat, She was feeling well yesterday and today I noticed that she was blinking and squinting alot, in a way I thought that she may have something in her eye now I noticed that she has a bad discharge in both eyes, I do think that she may have the onset of conjunctivitis {and I am happy that my vets are open first thing tomorrow}

But is it normal for a Cat to sleep alot with it? and Hiss and growl too?

Caffeinated Layla
I'm in need of some advice on my 9 year old Cat, She was feeling well yesterday and today I noticed that she was blinking and squinting alot, in a way I thought that she may have something in her eye now I noticed that she has a bad discharge in both eyes, I do think that she may have the onset of conjunctivitis {and I am happy that my vets are open first thing tomorrow}

It's possible that her irritated eyes kept her up or stressed her out so much that now she's just extremely tired and cranky. Also, if she's not feeling well and cannot see well, she might be on edge and feel like she needs to be in a constant state of defending herself while she's awake. n_n

Eloquent Conversationalist

8,400 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
Caffeinated Layla

Conjunctivits is a definite possibility. Your cat could also have scratched their cornea, which you cannot see with the naked eye, and it is irritated by that. Cat have rather short tempers, no matter whose cat they are. The minute they are not feeling well they will withdraw, become antisocial and be vocal or aggressive. I recommend VERY GENTLY taking a plain kleenix or toilet tissue and wiping away the discharge. When you do this, I recommend doing a manual muzzle (hold you cats mouth shut with one hand) until you are done so you do not risk getting bit. Definitely bring your cat to the vet. They will look at her eyes and probably prescribe an optical ointment or administer antibiotics or both, unless ofcourse if they find a more serious issue.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff