Welcome to Gaia! ::

So I've had this Oranda fish, named Sora, for about 3 or 4 years now and I'm just getting a little concerned.

I've just been to visit a friend who has one of around the same age and their shapes are much different, her's is less.... round than Sora, so it got me wondering if maybe he has Dropsy.

He's had a swim bladder problem in the past due to eating flakes from the surface of the water and taking in too much air and that tends to flare up again when he gets stressed too much.

The water is changed roughly every week and half, with the filter being cleaned every other day and a half water change once a week.
There's also 3 snails in the tank (and about 7 baby snails now too)

So what do you think? Does he seem normal for an Oranda of his age or should I start treating him for Dropsy?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Edgiest Knife

43,615 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • The Edgiest 250
It's hard to tell from the photo. Do you see any pineconing (scales sticking out from body) or are his eyes bulging?
Friday_Dora
It's hard to tell from the photo. Do you see any pineconing (scales sticking out from body) or are his eyes bulging?

He's definitely not pineconing and his eyes seem normal, but his cheeks around them seem a little swelled. Maybe he's just naturally round?

Shy Dragon

24,065 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
the image wont load for me...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers