Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Kasuka's Prince

Sparkly Phantom

I have two rats and that inspired my housemate to adopt her own. I feel bad because our lease is up in May and her rat is going to go from having two friends to having none at all aaaand my roommate does not do anything to help take care of the animals. She's bought toys such as a clear running ball (that all the rat's hate) and a harness for her rat, but she never cleans the cage, she doesn't help buy treats or food unless it's for her rat specifically nor did she spend any money whatsoever on a cage (i've purchased two).

Needless to say, I'm irritated. How would you handle this? (And be honest.)

Halkio's Princess

Greedy Abductee

I would say something to her about it, from the perspective of having concern from the rat.
Saying things like "Just a heads up, I won't be anymore after this lease is up and I'm going to have to take all my stuff with me, including the rat cage and things, so I didn't want you to forget that you still need to get those things for your rat"

for all we know, she might not even want the rat, she might say something like "I don't think I can take care of this rat, would you take him?" and in that case you need to know what you would do.

as for the food cost, I would flat out just ask her for some cash equal to about 1/3 of your food cost. "because her rat eats about 1/3 of the food" or whatever portion you think is realistic.

Wealthy Hoarder

If you have to care for the rats like give them food, water, and other issues such as that. Then I would say that the rats are yours.

There would be no questions asked either. While I do not think this would do well in a court of law I think you should consider telling her that the lease is up. She has a few choices.

1. She gives the rat up.

Hey doesn't seem like she wants the rat anyway.

2. She starts caring for the rat herself and buys a cage. They are not that expensive. Food isn't the expensive (depending on budget)

3. She puts the rat up for adoption.

Honestly though, I would tell this person that if she isn't going to care for the animal then I will take it.

Timid Tycoon

14,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
Hilaria Fireflash
I have two rats and that inspired my housemate to adopt her own. I feel bad because our lease is up in May and her rat is going to go from having two friends to having none at all aaaand my roommate does not do anything to help take care of the animals. She's bought toys such as a clear running ball (that all the rat's hate) and a harness for her rat, but she never cleans the cage, she doesn't help buy treats or food unless it's for her rat specifically nor did she spend any money whatsoever on a cage (i've purchased two).

Needless to say, I'm irritated. How would you handle this? (And be honest.)

I'd say the housemate is broken and wasn't raised properly, shame on you! Your gonna have to put the housemate down and find a new one to take care of the pets! This is why you should always train your housemate when you first get them, if you wait to long they become stubborn and develop some bad habits.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff