Welcome to Gaia! ::

Domestic short hair
9 years old
She's updated on her shots (it's been a year or so)

She has brown discharge from her right eye; it's pretty consistent. I clean it regularly, she blinks/winks a lot from that eye. She doesn't seem to be affected by it any other way, other than it being like a runny nose, except it's a runny eye.

Please don't just tell me to take her to the vet, I already know that answer. I'm trying to figure out what I can do for her; pets don't get Obamacare.
I wouldn't be here if I just did that, would I? Thanks in advance for understanding.

Is there anything I can do for her? I've googled, but it's all so vague...

Anxious Werewolf

16,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • The Wolf Within 100
There's not much we can tell you other then go to a vet.

You might have to call around but some places do payment plans.

Questionable Prophet

Vets will take payment plans. Most are there to help animals and are going to be willing to work with you. There's even budget vets that are a little cheaper.

It could be an eye infection, it probably is. If you take her to the vet you'll probably get some antibiotic cream/drops/ ointment to put in her eye two to three times a day.

It might be a more serious issue though. She may have scratched her eye, could be developing glaucoma.
"Winking" or squinting can mean the eye is painful and will need a proper exam. Something to remember with cats is that they're very good at hiding things.

There's not much you can do, because no matter what it'll probably need something prescribed.

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
a vet is the only person who will be able to help you, it could be a number of things. call around for vet prices and ask about payment plans

what i do is i put a little money to the side every paycheck and i use that as my vet fund

Hygienic Gawker

8,200 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Contributor 150
Also sounds like conjunctivitis. My Falco (who's a stray I picked up when she was a kitten) had that before, and the symptoms (discharge from the eye, excessive blinking) sound similar.

Then again, best advice would be to go to the vet.

Hope it's nothing serious, I have my fingers crossed for you.

Celestial Dog

there's seriously nothing that will help her as much as taking her to the vet. That's the only answer you're going to get here, because we are not veterinarians and cannot diagnose or help your cat ourselves.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff