Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anxious Werewolf

16,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • The Wolf Within 100
Movers are coming in tomorrow and the next day I'm driving 8 hours to my new place!

We've done the same drive last christmas and Sally did pretty good, the drive back she basically slept the entire time. Just that it was winter and I dunno maybe I'm more concerned since it's summer and so hot out. She should be cool enough in the car and we'll stop to make sure she gets water and go potty. We could do the drive in 7 but that extra hour will be for breaks and stuff.

What are some tips to make the drive more comfortable?? Is it weird I want one of those baby shades for her in the back seat?? Would getting her a chew or something be worthwhile??? I worry too much.
gonk

Friendly Gaian

As long as she doesn't get overheated and stays hydrated, she should be fine. You could give her a familiar toy or blanket or something to help keep her calm.

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
we are goiong on a trip 3 hours away soon and my friend will be driving her van and put all the seats down so i can put stowrm's bed in the back. we did it last year and she did really well
Sounds like fun! Where are you guys moving too now?

Sally should be fine if she stays hydrated and cool. Air conditioning or the windows down for air flow should work no problem. I would pack her bed and a toy for her to chew on. Maybe even a special chew like a bully-stick or something to keep her occupied would work? When my husband and I travel, the dogs have their heads out the windows for nearly the entire drive unless they get bored and fall asleep. 3nodding
Nothing wrong with getting her a window shade, just make sure she can see out one of the windows.
I wouldn't worry too much about temperature because if you're comfortable she most likely will be as well.

The only long trips Bella and Zoe have been on really since they were babies have been in the motorhome so there was ample room for their beds (we leave the table as a bed, put all our bedding on it, cover it all with an extra blanket and that's where Zoe sits/lays down for most of the trip; Bella hops around because she's more nosey than anything, so we make sure there's a pile of cushions for her to see out the window with Zoe, she has her bed or blanket on the couch usually, the floor is fair game, and she can occasionally sit on my lap); they tend to ignore chews and toys during travel (well Zoe might give her baby a bath) but will usually have something out.

Anxious Werewolf

16,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • The Wolf Within 100
We made it to the hotel! The drive was uneventful thankfully.
Sally was a little cramped since we had to drag so much stuff with us.
But she had a little spot and was perfect the entire time, she basically napped the entire time.

@SHD We moved up north to Prince George and we have a place with a yard this time!
We get to go over tomorrow but our stuff doesn't arrive for awhile.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff