Welcome to Gaia! ::

Came home today and my dog greeted me at the door - not a good sign, we crate here during the day when we're at work. She has escaped once before but she didn't do any damage - pulled all the coats from the hooks, put them in a pile, then slept on them.

But today she didn't make a throne of coats. Oh no..

She broke her crate to escape what was literally a pool of stinky, slimy diarrhea. I guess she had the explosive variety because the there was poo spray on the walls and all over the place. She also pooped downstairs. Nothing could be picked up - it was basically just poo water. She was covered in feces.

I just spent the whole afternoon after a long day at work cleaning and re-cleaning and double sanitizing the whole house.

What a friggin mess. Talk about an a-poop-calypse. Poor dog... I don't blame her. She never goes in her crate because she knows better than to poop where she sleeps. Probably couldn't help it.

Anyone else suffer an a-poop-calypse?

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
eeew. once when i came home from work i found a trail of poop soup going from stowrm's favorite waiting spot all the way to a huge puddle by the back door. she tried to get to the back yard i guess but no one was home to let her out. i felt horrible.

and we have white carpet at my house. i keep meaning to rip it out

Shy Dragon

24,065 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
omg...i am lucky ive never had to deal with that.

Spoopy Kitten

Oh no, that doesnt sound fun at all eek
I would have gone through something similar if my mom and i hadnt been home. My dog, Rex, was laying on a freshly cleaned all white bed, looking out the window next to her. She saw a squirrel and so naturally she barked... and with that bark also came a nice long spray of liquid poop across the sheets. It scared her half to death and she went running to the back door, where i opened it for her and let her out. My mom and i were both laughing at how it happened. She stayed outside leaking poop almost everywhere in the yard for the next 5ish minutes after that. Surprisingly, she was ok. The next time she pooped, it was back to normal. We had no idea what caused it but she wasnt acting sick or in pain so we left it alone

SuperSagi's Princess

Hopeless Romantic

43,200 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Waffles! 25
Poor thing.. How is she now??
And luckily my 2 cats never had this problem.. Let's hope it'll stay that way. :S
Oh gosh, the poor girl. I hope she is okay.

When one of my dogs, Bullseye was 6 months old there was a HUGE thunder and lightening storm. He slept on the couch and I thought nothing of it until I woke up the next morning. It took all day to clean that couch, there was poop soup everywhere, all up the wall and in every fiber of that thing. Even after taking an entire day to clean it, I had a mound of blankets on it just to handle sitting on it again.

Bloodthirsty Carnivore

27,550 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Back when Button (my wtf are you beagle thing mix) was alive, towards the end of her days she had a few poo-spews. And she really, REALLY didn't like being around her own poo, so she'd run from it while her butt was going full fertilizer spray. I don't know if the brown carpeting was a blessing or a curse. Blessing in that if it stained, we never noticed. Curse because it blended it so you'd find out she had a poop run by STEPPING IN IT ******** BAREFOOT. I hate knowing that her last day with us, she had a bloody poop run, which caused us to rush her to the vets only to find she was in full renal failure and had to be put down. No other signs. Just...ugh.

Lady (also now deceased, she was a lab/boxer mix) also had bowel issues in her last few years, but rarely had diarrhea. She had arthritis in her back end that made it hard to squat and go so she'd sometimes just poop standing or sleeping and she'd roll over and get it all over her and whatever she touched. Her last year she was falling down a lot which would cause panic poops, which in her panicked flailing (cuz she'd go down like a splayed out chicken, so not easy to get up from even when not arthritic), and send it flying EVERYWHERE. She always looked so sad, like she'd failed us by making a mess. No one got mad at her. She was old and s**t happens. Sometimes she couldn't make it to the door cuz she took to long getting up. We understood. But that was the year we realized her arthritis meds weren't working anymore and her quality of life had taken a steep nosedive and we'd done everything we could. Still...they were dogs that didn't like pooping inside so they always looked so forlorn and offended at their own butts for doing that. Poor babes.

Hope your pup is okay. Do you think she just had a stomach bug or something? Is she doing better now?

Bloodthirsty Carnivore

27,550 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
SHD

When one of my dogs, Bullseye was 6 months old there was a HUGE thunder and lightening storm. He slept on the couch and I thought nothing of it until I woke up the next morning. It took all day to clean that couch, there was poop soup everywhere, all up the wall and in every fiber of that thing. Even after taking an entire day to clean it, I had a mound of blankets on it just to handle sitting on it again.

Oh dear. Stress poops? Is it just me or do stress poops smell worse than regular poops. Even 'regular' diarrhea? I worked in a grooming salon for a while and we'd get stress poopers and it always smelled worse than the ones that just had to go while they were there for grooming.

Wealthy Hoarder

Oh god. That is bad. I admit we never had that problem and hopefully never will...

We had a dog (Jodie) that to the end she wouldn't go poop. If it was something else or just bad arthritis in her legs. We also think she had a stroke to boot. She just wouldn't go poop anymore. IF she did, it was when she was asleep or in the car. Not sure why.
xXFurygeistXx
SHD

Oh dear. Stress poops? Is it just me or do stress poops smell worse than regular poops. Even 'regular' diarrhea? I worked in a grooming salon for a while and we'd get stress poopers and it always smelled worse than the ones that just had to go while they were there for grooming.

I know what you mean. I think it's from the a**l glands excreting more when the dog is stressed.

Bloodthirsty Carnivore

27,550 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
SHD
xXFurygeistXx
SHD

I know what you mean. I think it's from the a**l glands excreting more when the dog is stressed.

That would explain it. a**l gland secretions are the fouliest foul to ever foul.

High-functioning Noob

User Image

I thought I had the worst liquid dog s**t story but yours is worse... Sorry. XD aha.

So when I was potty training my great dane puppy (meaning a huge puppy with the s**t equivalent of an average large dog) she had the worst accident ever. She woke me up at 7 am to go potty and it was freezing out. I immediately got up and walked her out in the yard until she went. She peed. I walked her a little bit longer and she did nothing, so I started walking to the front door and she came with me. If she still has to go, she won't follow me and she'll keep sniffing around.

Well we go back upstairs to my room and I lay down to go back to sleep. Ten minutes in my bed I'm half asleep and she's on the floor whining instead of getting in bed. Then I hear it. I hear this loud opening of a*****e releasing air and I open my eyes and witness the horror. She had just unloaded a massive pile of diarrhea right onto my carpet floor. Then she starts walking to the opposite end of my room with it dripping out of her a*****e into smaller piles. I freak out and get up and go grab the carpet cleaner and a roll of paper towels. She's finally stopped leaking and she's crying in the corner. She had tracked it in my closet. I go look and she had emptied another massive diarrhea pile RIGHT into my nice heels. And also tracked it all through my closet. I was so pissed I could have punched the wall.

The next two hours were spent with me obsessively soaking and scrubbing the carpet and my shoes in cleaner and glaring at my puppy as she watched me. I sternly told her the entire time "You do not ever ******** do this again. And you do not ******** s**t. in my shoes. my nice. ********. shoes."

After that incident, she knew, and she never had another accident again. XD

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff