Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fairy

Hi, my name's Jenn. We are currently 8 in the family and we have too much pets. We have 6 of them, actually. 4 kittens, 1 puppy and a cute little dog.
So in my country, the Philippines, I don't see people like you (people who post in this thread) that cares for their pet THAT MUCH.
You see, we only got our poor little stray pets from our really irresponsible neighbor who has A LOT of animals straying around our subdivision. This is another story btws. My mom was pitied by the animals that she adopted some. And by "some" she meant 6 of them.

It's really hard to train them. They poop and pee everywhere they want to. EVERYWHERE! Like on the tiles of the bathroom, our kitchen and our hallway. Our hallway stinks now.
My mom is so stressed but she loves them like family.

I need help on how to train them. We can't afford litter boxes and those kittens sleep beside us. I'm worried because I think they'll pee on our beds too.

And with our puppy having the worst attitude --- he bites people and pees on beds, my mom is forced to make him sleep outside at night and ties him in the morning.

With our dog, we got no problem. She's trained and she just barks at strangers. She pees and poops outside and just stays calm ALL THE TIME.

We can't just abandon them. We've been taking care of them for months. If we do, they'd just go back to straying and being malnourished and hungry. That fact makes me cry. But I don't know what to do. This is the first time we have pets.

Sorry for my grammar. English is not my first language.

Fairy

User Image

That's one of my babies. 3nodding
There is a wonderful thread on here about clicker training. You can use this method of positive reinforcement to work with your puppy's behavior problems and for basic training. As for the kitties, if you can't afford litter, then you can use shredded paper. It's not the best, but it'll have to do. Take the cat's poop and put it in the box to lure them to using it. As well, block them from being in your bedrooms during the day so they do not have access to your beds to go to the bathroom on.

Really, unless you can afford things such as litter box's, litter, ect. You shouldn't have the animals. But if you can make-shift your own, then that'll work and as you said, at least they are off the street.

Don't adopt anymore though, six is a lot of pets to have. You must be able to afford vet visits for all of them in case of sickness.

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
Yeah sadly I have to agree. If you cant afford a litterbox then you cant afford the animal. But I have no idea how animal care is in your area so I wont push the issue

But litterboxes are easy and cheap to make. I made some for my ferrets out of plastic storage bins for only a few dollars smile

Fairy

SHD
There is a wonderful thread on here about clicker training. You can use this method of positive reinforcement to work with your puppy's behavior problems and for basic training. As for the kitties, if you can't afford litter, then you can use shredded paper. It's not the best, but it'll have to do. Take the cat's poop and put it in the box to lure them to using it. As well, block them from being in your bedrooms during the day so they do not have access to your beds to go to the bathroom on.

Really, unless you can afford things such as litter box's, litter, ect. You shouldn't have the animals. But if you can make-shift your own, then that'll work and as you said, at least they are off the street.

Don't adopt anymore though, six is a lot of pets to have. You must be able to afford vet visits for all of them in case of sickness.

Thanks for gifting me! That's the first gift I have ever had on Gaia. PLUS! It's my birthday on August 2nd, so I think of it as an early birthday present. whee

Well, you're right. But those pets will be in bad shape if we chose to bring them back to their totally irresponsible owner, who also don't have litter boxes, can't feed their own pets in time and leave them in the rain outside. I'll try to make a research on how to make their litter boxes. My boyfriend also said to me that sometimes stray pets are really hard to train, sweatdrop

But I love them. So thanks for your advice.

Fairy

Shanna66
Yeah sadly I have to agree. If you cant afford a litterbox then you cant afford the animal. But I have no idea how animal care is in your area so I wont push the issue

But litterboxes are easy and cheap to make. I made some for my ferrets out of plastic storage bins for only a few dollars smile

Philippines is waaay too much different. It's a pain in the a**, but a regular household like mine can't afford those since those are really expensive here. Everything is expensive here, and it's also really hard to earn money.

But as I said, I will try to research on how to make litter boxes so I can take care of my problem. Thanks for answering my question!

Anws, do you have any suggestions? 3nodding

High-functioning Dreamer

If you can get your hands on a cardboard box you can go all DIY and make your own litter box and use sand or shredded newspaper for the litter, but seriously if you don't want your cats to pee in your house you need to give them a litter box. As for the puppy make sure you yelp/squeal whenever he bites and then ignore him for a few minutes, I read somewhere that when your potty training a puppy you have to take them outside every couple of hours. Oh and make sure to reward good behaviour

Fairy

Lillabelle
If you can get your hands on a cardboard box you can go all DIY and make your own litter box and use sand or shredded newspaper for the litter, but seriously if you don't want your cats to pee in your house you need to give them a litter box. As for the puppy make sure you yelp/squeal whenever he bites and then ignore him for a few minutes, I read somewhere that when your potty training a puppy you have to take them outside every couple of hours. Oh and make sure to reward good behaviour

What can I do for my puppy that pees everywhere he want to?
Asdfghjkiller
Lillabelle

1. You take him out to pee every 2 hours. Reward him with food and praise when he pee's/poops outside.

2. Have him leashed to you at all times inside the house, so he can not go to another room to pee/poop.

3. Close all the doors in the house if you want to let him off leash for a little while. But keep an eye on him.

4. Take him outside to do his business after every meal/every play time in the house.

5. Use an enzyme cleaner to remove the scent of pee/poop from the house on the dog's and cat's level.

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
SHD
Asdfghjkiller
Lillabelle

1. You take him out to pee every 2 hours. Reward him with food and praise when he pee's/poops outside.

2. Have him leashed to you at all times inside the house, so he can not go to another room to pee/poop.

3. Close all the doors in the house if you want to let him off leash for a little while. But keep an eye on him.

4. Take him outside to do his business after every meal/every play time in the house.

5. Use an enzyme cleaner to remove the scent of pee/poop from the house on the dog's and cat's level.

also if you cant find an enzyme cleaner vinigar and baking soda works just as well

Fairy

SHD
Asdfghjkiller
Lillabelle

Oh, okay. I'll be starting tomorrow morning. 3nodding
Thanks for the big help y'all. heart heart heart

Fairy

Shanna66
also if you cant find an enzyme cleaner vinigar and baking soda works just as well

Thanks for the help! heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces