• Crack Shot 50
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
11 Cardinal 11
a wishing well
this rainbow lover
~ Aki - Fairy ~
this rainbow lover
Hmm, I guess I never really looked at cat vomit before, but I see your point xD

I never knew you could give a cat raw bones. Seems sort of odd, but if it works, it works.

I have more than enough experience with cat vomit... mine gets combined wet-kibble a couple days a week and when I add in a new variety of wet she tends to do a scarf-and-barf (inhale her food because it's just so good; start puking halfway through the meal)

What's odd about giving a cat raw bones? They're carnivores of the hunting variety - designed to eat meat from animals that have bones, and the bones have nutrients that the meat doesn't, plus is a natural toothbrush.

I always thought bones were bad for pets, but that's only cooked bones, I suppose. I thought they would break and choke on them. And there is the fact that I don't keep raw chicken bones around, really.

Bones ARE bad for pets gonk
Pork bones break into smaller, dangerous pieces.
Chicken bones splinter and can damage internal structures.
If anything cow bones should be given, even then though it's best to avoid actual bones.

Thats COOKED bones. RAW bones are completely safe to give and pose no larger a threat than a dog choking/dying on kibble. ;D When raw feeding its not uncommon to get very hands-on while the pet is breaking stuff down. I've had my hands covered in bone pieces and gore and, really, poultry breaks into small, round edged pieces. Raw bones are generally very soft, easily broken down into safe pieces and easily digested. Cooked bones, on the other hand, dry out and WILL splinter and cause damage.

You might be right, but I take the when in doubt throw it out route.
marshmallowcreampie

Can't leash train until he gets jabs/neuted though.

Yes he'll be an indoor cat; he's adventurous but doesn't seem interested in outside at all. So hopefully he'll stay not interested.
~ Aki - Fairy ~

Hm...probably not the best toys for our kitten them. He likes chewing and we can't watch him 24/7.

Were getting him some catnip mice and a feather wand though. <3
Cats are perfectly fine staying inside, as long as they have plenty of room and their litter box is regularly changed. As for sleeping in the bed, that is going to be tricky, as the kitten will keep on trying to get into the bed. I'm not sure how you would go about it other than just keep putting the kitten back in its bed. I just let my cats sleep in my bed at night.
Caffeinated Surf Chic
Cats are perfectly fine staying inside, as long as they have plenty of room and their litter box is regularly changed. As for sleeping in the bed, that is going to be tricky, as the kitten will keep on trying to get into the bed. I'm not sure how you would go about it other than just keep putting the kitten back in its bed. I just let my cats sleep in my bed at night.

The current stage is:

We try to go to bed he keeps joining us we keep putting him in his bed.
Then he finally accepts it is his bed and sleeps in it.
We then sleep in our bed.
Then when we wake up in the morning guess who we find? XD
I suppose it is the best we'll get. ^^''
Kanto_Mint
Caffeinated Surf Chic

The current stage is:

We try to go to bed he keeps joining us we keep putting him in his bed.
Then he finally accepts it is his bed and sleeps in it.
We then sleep in our bed.
Then when we wake up in the morning guess who we find? XD
I suppose it is the best we'll get. ^^''

You could look into putting him in a separate room at night, or crate-training, so that he can't get into your bed if you really don't want him up there with you

Devoted Raider

8,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Friendly 100
Kanto_Mint
marshmallowcreampie

Can't leash train until he gets jabs/neuted though.

Yes he'll be an indoor cat; he's adventurous but doesn't seem interested in outside at all. So hopefully he'll stay not interested.

you can start leash training him now. get him use to waring the harness in the house then add the leash to drag around.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff