Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shy Dragon

24,065 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
so i have a a few gallon jars that i want to use to temporarily hold fish while im cleaning or transporting or whatever, but the only problem is that they used to hold pickled jalapenos. ive rinsed them out a few times, but im still reluctant to use them for fear that there is still some residual ickyness form the jalapenos that could harm my fishies. so what do you think? can i use them? so far ive just used them as a place to hold dirty water from small water changes.

Fashionable Guildswoman

25,825 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Brilliant Light 450
Personally I would not, I'd be too paranoid.
I used to keep fish I had two fairly big custom tanks, when I would clean tanks I would never take the fish out because I would only syphon the gravel.
Cleaning the whole tank will get rid of the beneficial bacteria that your fish need in order to be healthy. Plus moving them to a jar then placing them back into new water could send them into shock due to temperature differences.

Shy Dragon

24,065 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
Nenanah
Personally I would not, I'd be too paranoid.
I used to keep fish I had two fairly big custom tanks, when I would clean tanks I would never take the fish out because I would only syphon the gravel.
Cleaning the whole tank will get rid of the beneficial bacteria that your fish need in order to be healthy. Plus moving them to a jar then placing them back into new water could send them into shock due to temperature differences.

yeha...thats what i was leaning towards, i just wanted another few opinions to see if it was just me being paranoid or if i was right.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff