Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shy Gaian

I get it, she's excited! She wants that toy, she wants that treat, she wants to jump up on us to get kisses and hugs.

But it needs to stop. I can't carry a toy without her jumping. I do make her sit before I throw it, and sometimes it works. Other times once she's in the play mode, she won't listen to commands.

Just a few minutes ago I was carrying in some of her toys since it started to rain outside. While I was carrying them, she's trying to jump and snatch them from my hand. :/

We do have a clicker, and I have been using it but how do I use it to get her to stop jumping?

Also; I know she knows sit, paw, and lay. But sometimes I think she knows the routine for getting her treats from coming outside. I switch them up so she's caught off guard and to make sure she knows the commands and not just the pattern...
But how do I fully understand that she knows them? (I use toys as well. I'll make her sit or give me her paw before I throw the toy)

Devoted Inquisitor

Do not ever let her get the toy or the treat when she jumps. She MUST be four-on-the-floor or good times dry up.

Also work on control impulse exercises like it's yer choice.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff