Welcome to Gaia! ::

im thinking about getting a rat im not sure if i should get more than one or just one because idk if they need a companion or not. any suggestions? 3nodding
0f course you should get a companion!!!
Being alone is not a good thing.
You can ask at stores that sell them and also online under care for them.
Essynce

thank you 3nodding
Moonlight Tsuki
Essynce

thank you 3nodding

No problem
One of my friends had a rat, it was the cutest thing ever! Definitely get one, and if you want to get it a companion too, go for it!
Awww! My friend has one. They're really cute. And yeah, I'd get a companion.
I had two rats in the past and found them to excellent pets. heart I adored them both, and I still miss them. You should definitely get at least 2 rats, because they're very social. I would also recommend searching online for a breeder in your area. Rats from a breeder tend to be healthier and better socialized than pet store rats. Good luck!!
It should never be just "One rat" In fact I as a breeder refuse to sell just one rat unless there is proof that the buyer already has a rat it will be housed with.

In my sig, I have a link to the rat information and appreciation thread, it's full of the obvious: Information. It's also great for conversation about anything and everything rats! (And sometimes other things too)

6,850 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
lol a rat? I think they're so damn ugly and disturbing! gonk BUT! I never really saw on as a pet until one of my best friends got one. I have no idea how he acquired the rat, i just know he had to go back home and now i'm the owner of the rat. The best pet in the world! heart Perhaps two rats is better than one, but i spend a lot of time with my rat, because they're very social (as mentioned in this thread) 3nodding Just be prepared coz they piss a lot! At least mine does rofl Crazy rat! dramallama
The Dung Master
lol a rat? I think they're so damn ugly and disturbing! gonk BUT! I never really saw on as a pet until one of my best friends got one. I have no idea how he acquired the rat, i just know he had to go back home and now i'm the owner of the rat. The best pet in the world! heart Perhaps two rats is better than one, but i spend a lot of time with my rat, because they're very social (as mentioned in this thread) 3nodding Just be prepared coz they piss a lot! At least mine does rofl Crazy rat! dramallama

You'll never make up for the presence of another rat, though. Think about it, you're 1000x bigger than this rat, and you don't 'speak' the language of a rat, either. You aren't able to sleep&cuddle with them in their hammocks, you aren't able to wrestle with them, and you aren't able to sit down to a nice meal of rat blocks with them.

Rats who live in pairs and groups are known to live longer and are not as likely to face depression. Depression can be a serious matter in rats, and in many cases if not dealt with (And they can't just take medication) they actually end up passing away.

And actually, rats don't really pee that much unless they're marking territory. but besides that, a spayed/neutered rat doesn't mark nearly as much.
lol i dont think you should i think you should get a hampster or something any things better than a rat......even a bug...!

6,850 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Morphine Kiss
The Dung Master

You'll never make up for the presence of another rat, though. Think about it, you're 1000x bigger than this rat, and you don't 'speak' the language of a rat, either. You aren't able to sleep&cuddle with them in their hammocks, you aren't able to wrestle with them, and you aren't able to sit down to a nice meal of rat blocks with them.

Rats who live in pairs and groups are known to live longer and are not as likely to face depression. Depression can be a serious matter in rats, and in many cases if not dealt with (And they can't just take medication) they actually end up passing away.

And actually, rats don't really pee that much unless they're marking territory. but besides that, a spayed/neutered rat doesn't mark nearly as much.

Their life expectancy is around 2 years. Mine's close to that sweatdrop But you're right, i can never take a rat's place. I think i've been doing a good job so far and i don't want to take care of another rat. One's just fine smile Personally, i don't feel comfortable to put my rat under the knife, so for it to be all natural is what seems best for me. Of course, if it gets ill or whatever, i'll do what is necessary.
The Dung Master
Morphine Kiss
The Dung Master

Their life expectancy is around 2 years. Mine's close to that sweatdrop But you're right, i can never take a rat's place. I think i've been doing a good job so far and i don't want to take care of another rat. One's just fine smile Personally, i don't feel comfortable to put my rat under the knife, so for it to be all natural is what seems best for me. Of course, if it gets ill or whatever, i'll do what is necessary.

2-4 years, actually, is their life expectancy. The better the care, the longer the life.

6,850 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Morphine Kiss
The Dung Master
Morphine Kiss
The Dung Master

2-4 years, actually, is their life expectancy. The better the care, the longer the life.

Cool! I guess i can expect more craziness from my rat 3nodding
thank you everyone biggrin

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas