Celestial Otaku

11,200 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Kastra: Victory! 250
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Lapin Patrol Chad: Victory! 50
faolan
PoppyIsToasted
Hatschepsut and ... Cleopatra.

exclaim I love the name theme... is it new, or have you had a Nefertiti, Ramses, etc?

our old cats where all named by our parents(with extremly lame common cat names xD). thoose 2 kitties are our own now so we decided on a more creative name pattern.
we plan on getting a 3rd cat hopefully this year and we're thinking of names to fit our egypt cat ladies.
we wanted to name the black mainecoon kitten Bastet originally but it was weird to call out since u cant really make a nickname out of it cat_sweatdrop

So we ended up with Hatschi and Cleo

And yes! we had Nefertiti as next idea actually since u can shortern it to "Titi" xD

O.G. Gaian

PoppyIsToasted
faolan
PoppyIsToasted

exclaim I love the name theme... is it new, or have you had a Nefertiti, Ramses, etc?

our old cats where all named by our parents(with extremly lame common cat names xD). thoose 2 kitties are our own now so we decided on a more creative name pattern.
we plan on getting a 3rd cat hopefully this year and we're thinking of names to fit our egypt cat ladies.
we wanted to name the black mainecoon kitten Bastet originally but it was weird to call out since u cant really make a nickname out of it cat_sweatdrop

And yes! we had Nefertiti as next idea actually since u can shortern it to "Titi" xD

Well, Bast, I guess... but then again, it's a little different, naming them after queens and pharaohs versus naming them after goddesses (besides, there doesn't seem to be a shortage of black cats called Bast or Bastet)...

Yipes, and to be continued, I hear a fight out in the yard -- and there's been a feral tom hanging around lately. stare

- edit -
Yup, just what I thought... Fuzzy's not used to being tag-teamed, I guess.

Celestial Otaku

11,200 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Kastra: Victory! 250
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Lapin Patrol Chad: Victory! 50
faolan
PoppyIsToasted
faolan
PoppyIsToasted

Well, Bast, I guess... but then again, it's a little different, naming them after queens and pharaohs versus naming them after goddesses (besides, there doesn't seem to be a shortage of black cats called Bast or Bastet)...

Yipes, and to be continued, I hear a fight out in the yard -- and there's been a feral tom hanging around lately. stare

true that...bastet very popular among black cat names.
gonna have to see what the 3rd cats colour gonna be 1st. kind of want an army of tri-coloured cats xD but cleo was already a super lucky fateful encounter heart

O.G. Gaian

PoppyIsToasted
faolan
PoppyIsToasted
faolan
PoppyIsToasted

true that...bastet very popular among black cat names.
gonna have to see what the 3rd cats colour gonna be 1st. kind of want an army of tri-coloured cats xD but cleo was already a super lucky fateful encounter heart

Hm... there's a book I read, Nefertiti by Michelle Moran... anyway, it's from the point of view of her half-sister, Mutnodjmet... yup, had to look that one up, no way I could remember how to spell it. Looks unpronounceable, too -- but they call her "Mutny" for short. Just in case you should need another name that's in context (and, for that matter, I highly recommend the book, too -- and the sequel, The Heretic Queen 3nodding ).

Hehe my black cats are Bubba (his twin was called Bro) and Gwen, but we call her Mommy. Bubba and Bro actually were hard to name; they weren't called that until they were... two or three, I think. For awhile, mom was calling them Oso and El Otro Oso -- interchangeably, though. Then Bro hid on vet day, so for awhile they were Ballson and Ballsoff. At least we could tell them apart after that, though! cat_xd

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff