Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gracious Punching Bag

11,200 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Yesterday, my baby girl, a shih tzu, died because of the Parvo disease. She's 4 months old and just been with us for over a month. Although our bond its just short, I'm still so heartbroken right now, guilty because of the cause of our death. I'm really hurt right now.

I don't know if is it late when I brought her to the vet. I don't know if did I really looked after her. What did she feel when I agreed to confine her? Did she think that I'm giving her away? Did she feel lonely when she died?

I'm so confused and sad. Although it's just a little time, I still treated her as a family. I don't know if my judgement at that time is right. cry

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
oh im so sorry. parvo kills very quickly once the symptoms start showing up so try not to feel too bad

and i know you dont want to hear this but parvo can stay dormant in the ground for years so you probably shouldnt have another young puppy in your yard for a while

sadly its parvo season. we had a lot of great dogs at the shelter who had to be put down because of parvo. its heartbreaking so see an animal go through that

Gracious Punching Bag

11,200 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Shanna66
oh im so sorry. parvo kills very quickly once the symptoms start showing up so try not to feel too bad

and i know you dont want to hear this but parvo can stay dormant in the ground for years so you probably shouldnt have another young puppy in your yard for a while

sadly its parvo season. we had a lot of great dogs at the shelter who had to be put down because of parvo. its heartbreaking so see an animal go through that

Thank you for understanding. sweatdrop

I know that parvo stays from 9 mos to years that's why I told a friend just now that I can't accept her pup(She jokingly offer it after I told her about my pup. I giggled a little)

It's just that the guilt slowly consumes me. I don't know where she got it because she doesn't have any contact with other dogs other my own(there is only 2 of them, and the other one never got sick ever). Maybe its when I take them for a walk and she accidentally got it from the places we've been. Now I'm thinking I shouldn't have take them on a walk and just let them spend their energy playing in our house, we have a wide yard anyway.

It's just so sad because that pup story itself is heartbreaking. She's been with 4 different owners, neglecting her because she's the smallest. When we had her and found out about her story, I promised myself to take care of her and make sure she is love. I wonder when we left her at the clinic, did she think that we're giving her away again? my gosh I'm being emotional again.
I'm sorry for your loss. sad

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
Charming_Maiden
Shanna66

I know that parvo stays from 9 mos to years that's why I told a friend just now that I can't accept her pup(She jokingly offer it after I told her about my pup. I giggled a little)

It's just that the guilt slowly consumes me. I don't know where she got it because she doesn't have any contact with other dogs other my own(there is only 2 of them, and the other one never got sick ever). Maybe its when I take them for a walk and she accidentally got it from the places we've been. Now I'm thinking I shouldn't have take them on a walk and just let them spend their energy playing in our house, we have a wide yard anyway.

It's just so sad because that pup story itself is heartbreaking. She's been with 4 different owners, neglecting her because she's the smallest. When we had her and found out about her story, I promised myself to take care of her and make sure she is love. I wonder when we left her at the clinic, did she think that we're giving her away again? my gosh I'm being emotional again.

parvo is very common this time of year. its actually called parvo season. and its so easy to contract, something as simple as you bringing it home on your shoes.

there is no fullproof way to prevent parvo in a young puppy

and im sure she really enjoyed the time she had with you, even if it was short. you gave her a good home that lasted the rest of her life, there isnt much more a dog could ask for.

Generous Fatcat

9,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
I know exactly how you feel. A few weeks ago, my fur-baby cat passed away from what I can assume was a failing pancreas. I had noticed she lost weight and took her to the vet. They kept hee overnight and ran tests. They never found out what it was before I ran out of money. I decided to care for her the best I could from home. When I picked her up, her condition declined sharply. When I dropped her off, she was walking and seemed ok, but when I picked her up from the hospital, she couldn't walk and only crawled. I managed to keep her alive for 5days on my own before she passed away in my arms. It was a truly horrifying experience. We only had her for a year and she was only 3-4 years old.

Gracious Punching Bag

11,200 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
SHD
I'm sorry for your loss. sad

Thank you

Gracious Punching Bag

11,200 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Shanna66
Charming_Maiden
Shanna66

parvo is very common this time of year. its actually called parvo season. and its so easy to contract, something as simple as you bringing it home on your shoes.

there is no fullproof way to prevent parvo in a young puppy

and im sure she really enjoyed the time she had with you, even if it was short. you gave her a good home that lasted the rest of her life, there isnt much more a dog could ask for.

Thank you very much, this is all I wanted to hear, that she's loved. But still I can't erase that look in her face when we visited her. I hope she felt every love and care we've given her cry

Gracious Punching Bag

11,200 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
XMegantronX
I know exactly how you feel. A few weeks ago, my fur-baby cat passed away from what I can assume was a failing pancreas. I had noticed she lost weight and took her to the vet. They kept hee overnight and ran tests. They never found out what it was before I ran out of money. I decided to care for her the best I could from home. When I picked her up, her condition declined sharply. When I dropped her off, she was walking and seemed ok, but when I picked her up from the hospital, she couldn't walk and only crawled. I managed to keep her alive for 5days on my own before she passed away in my arms. It was a truly horrifying experience. We only had her for a year and she was only 3-4 years old.

Oh Baby, I'm sorry for your loss. I hope they are in a beautiful place right now.

Fuzzy Kitten

As long as you gave you puppy a good, loving home, that's the best thing you could have done. Disease can't be seen, so it can be difficult to avoid, especially since puppies get into everything. I'm sorry for your loss, I hope you can get through it okay and without any negative feelings towards yourself.

Generous Fatcat

9,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Charming_Maiden
XMegantronX

Oh Baby, I'm sorry for your loss. I hope they are in a beautiful place right now.

I'm sure they are. Just hard to live on without them. Dreams don't help either DX The day before she passed she actually started showing signs of recovery by sitting up more and walking to her modified litter box to pee. I had a dream that night that I had woken up in the morning and she seemed all better. She was walking around like normal. After she passed, I had a nap on the couch and I woke up to her usual meow. I looked around for a sec for her. She usually meowed for me to pick her up so she could nestle into my lap. When I realized that she was no longer there, I cried so hard T.T *sigh* I still cry nearly everyday and feel 100% responsible for her death. I feel like if I had more money or would have noticed the changes sooner, she would still be here. My friends have been awesome, though. They all rushed right over as soon as I told them that she was gone. They even helped bury her under my tree. I hope you have friends or family to help you cope too.

Playful Player

10,825 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
The best thing to take away from this is knowledge.

Parvo is a terrible, fast-acting & often fatal disease.

Preventing Parvo is not hard - vaccinate your puppies as soon as they become 8 weeks of age, & keep up with the vaccine boosters until they are 18 weeks of age. (I work w/a vet, & we have had a spike of 6 Parvo cases in the last month; when we haven't seen ANY before that in over 2+ years).

I'm terribly sorry for your loss.

Feline Bookworm

I am very sorry for your loss. sad
I had a Parvo scare with my dog when he was five months old and he became ill, but thankfully it was just
a passing bug. I hope you can get over this and my thoughts are with you and your little furbaby. heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff