Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kairo hazuna's Waifu

Tiny Animal

[♫=♥]
5/10: My beta fish does not have white spots any more. He's in a 5 gallon tank, alone, and with condition water along with medication. I'm happy that he's going to be fine and not severely sick. He's swimming around and not standing in one spot anymore ever since I moved him in a bigger tank! In about 2/3 weeks, I will buy some new decorations for the betta fish. smile

I am quite worried about my fish. He has fungus. I'm going to buy medicine and a bigger tank to add the heater (the heater I bought doesn't fit in the aquarium he's in now).

I'm scared. I couldn't even look at the fish. I'm happy that my mom cares about the fish enough to help me get the things I needed to help cure the fish of this horrible disease instead of saying, "Oh just wait for the fish to die and we will buy you a new one." She did say that as a joke though. lol

I really can't look at the fish. My body just shivers looking at the fish. emo
I have to wait till tomorrow because I have a tight schedule and I highly doubt my parents will know what tank is best for the fish. I hope he is still alive. How long can a fish live with a fungus? How can I tell if it is too late to help?

Kairo hazuna's Waifu

Tiny Animal

[♫=♥]

update: my mom is buying medicine today!

Interesting Regular

6,000 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Generous 100
  • Millionaire 200
Jiti
[♫=♥]

update: my mom is buying medicine today!

Thats good. Fishies should live happily in an antifungi tank whee
I gotta say, never give up on them. =3 If the worst-thought ends up, then it was just in it's own way, meant to be.

Even if it is just a fish, they can over come a LOT.

Kairo hazuna's Waifu

Tiny Animal

Morphine Kiss
I gotta say, never give up on them. =3 If the worst-thought ends up, then it was just in it's own way, meant to be.

Even if it is just a fish, they can over come a LOT.
[♫=♥]

I just got a 5 gallon tank! smile Now I can finally fit the heater on and the fish will get its full help from the tank. The one gallon tank was terrible!
Medicine is in the tank.
Now all I have to do is wait till the temperature goes up.
Jiti
[♫=♥]

I am quite worried about my fish. He has fungus. I'm going to buy medicine and a bigger tank to add the heater (the heater I bought doesn't fit in the aquarium he's in now).

I'm scared. I couldn't even look at the fish. I'm happy that my mom cares about the fish enough to help me get the things I needed to help cure the fish of this horrible disease instead of saying, "Oh just wait for the fish to die and we will buy you a new one." She did say that as a joke though. lol

I really can't look at the fish. My body just shivers looking at the fish. emo
I have to wait till tomorrow because I have a tight schedule and I highly doubt my parents will know what tank is best for the fish. I hope he is still alive. How long can a fish live with a fungus? How can I tell if it is too late to help?

if it is ick, (where the fish has white spots on it) even walmart sells anti-ick. The only issue with it is to make sure to put the right ammount in. Also, since betas are highly aggressive- or what my friend likes to referr as "spastic", i would recommend keeping any mirrors or massively bright lights away from the bowl. If they see their reflection, the will think its another fish- puff their fins out... and attack until they commit fishy-cide. I have worked with fish since I was eight, so I feel your pain. My pleco died recently- and I had him since I was eight, and he survived through a nasty bought of Ick. I hope your fishy makes it through ok, and feel free to contact me if you have any questions about fish care!

Kairo hazuna's Waifu

Tiny Animal

kibafan
[♫=♥]

Thanks. I understand about fishy aggressiveness. I placed a mirror for a few seconds in front of the fish once to see if he's responding. He did. So he's not too sick.
Jiti
kibafan
[♫=♥]

Thanks. I understand about fishy aggressiveness. I placed a mirror for a few seconds in front of the fish once to see if he's responding. He did. So he's not too sick.

So what type of fungi does he have?

Kairo hazuna's Waifu

Tiny Animal

kibafan
Jiti
kibafan
[♫=♥]

[♫=♥]

I'm not so sure. It's white small fuzzy spot on its head and on the tips of its fins. The fish is getting pale.
My beta has fungus too. D:
Waiting for it to heal...

Lonely Shapeshifter

7,350 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Invisibility 100
Yeah sounds like your beta has ick :c

4,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Betas, like any fish, are hard to take care of because they get sick so easily.
The first thing would depend on how old he is. The second would depend on how often you change it`s water. The third thing would be if he is stressed out, (Ex: living with too many fish in the same tank, his bowl is moved too often, he isn`t eating properly because he doesn`t like or understand a change in food that you bought him.)
And in very small cases, if you just got your fish recently, it could be that he came from the store already sick or in a tank with another sick fish.

Kairo hazuna's Waifu

Tiny Animal

[♫=♥]

/updated!
Glad everything worked out well for your Beta.
Jiti
kibafan
Jiti
kibafan
[♫=♥]

[♫=♥]

I'm not so sure. It's white small fuzzy spot on its head and on the tips of its fins. The fish is getting pale.

That sounds like ICK, did you or a parent get anti ick- its a liquid, and you put a few drops in the water (how much depends on the size of the tank, but in general I would say no more then two), that should take care of it! :3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff