Welcome to Gaia! ::

Peachiohs's Senpai

9,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
When I first found him, thought it was dead. When I found it was just playing dead, I took it in...and named it Caterpie.Gave it some soil, some leaves, and a branch or two...and I'm still not sure to this day what kind of caterpillar it is or whether it'll turn into a moth or a butterfly.

So if anyone can help, here is a pic:

User Image (Cyute lil' guy <3)

Though if anyone knows a good bug/insect forum that I can ask, it would help. Thanks!! ^^

Greedy Receiver

I will be honest. When I was eight years old, I happened upon a small colony of caterpillars. All I did was take a ten gallon fish tank, placed soil from the backyard, and kept taking branches and leaves from the bushes and trees from the yard every day and night to feed, like, four of them the whole time. They successfully survived and turned into beautiful butterflies. lol

What I did as a kid was probably very stupid and careless, but hey, if that worked for a friggen' eight-year-old I'm sure it can't be too hard. Right? They're fairly rugged bugs that seem pretty hard to kill off.

Peachiohs's Senpai

9,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Eisefin
I will be honest. When I was eight years old, I happened upon a small colony of caterpillars. All I did was take a ten gallon fish tank, placed soil from the backyard, and kept taking branches and leaves from the bushes and trees from the yard every day and night to feed, like, four of them the whole time. They successfully survived and turned into beautiful butterflies. lol

What I did as a kid was probably very stupid and careless, but hey, if that worked for a friggen' eight-year-old I'm sure it can't be too hard. Right? They're fairly rugged bugs that seem pretty hard to kill off.

XD Awww! I've always loved caterpillars and would always play with them. (I left the spiky ones alone, of course. Just watched those... X-x)
When I was younger, our school had caterpillar to monarch butterfly kits for each classroom and when they turned into butterflies, we would all free them out in the field behind the school.
Ever since then I really wanted to keep and raise caterpillars whether they be a moth or a butterfly cause I love the transformation they go through. <3

This is my first little guy and I was desperate for a pet cause our landowners don't allow them yet.

Anyway, I would prefer to get one of those small aquariums with the plastic lid for him cause it would be easier to get him in and out without making a mess to clean...but right now a mason jar is all he's got. D=

Amateur Noob

NEVER TOUCH A YELLOW FUZZY CATERPILLAR. When I was a kid those seemed to show up now and then around the neighborhood, but every time I touched one of those big yellow fuzzy ones it made my hand smell. Idk what they were and what made them so different gonk

Peachiohs's Senpai

9,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Certifiably Psychopathic
NEVER TOUCH A YELLOW FUZZY CATERPILLAR. When I was a kid those seemed to show up now and then around the neighborhood, but every time I touched one of those big yellow fuzzy ones it made my hand smell. Idk what they were and what made them so different gonk

Smelly hairs may be a defense mechanism? XD
I was too scared to touch caterpillars with hairs or spikes, knowing some were poisonous X-x
What state? It looks like a corn borer, which will be a moth, but that's not the best pic to go on and I"m not 100%.

Halkio's Princess

Greedy Abductee

Eisefin

lucky! I only ever had one caterpillar live in a jar and it turned into a none pretty moth emo lol I was a disappointed child. I didn't really know about moths, I only knew that caterpillars turned into butterflies.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff