Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Lunatic

8,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Brandisher 100
My aunt decided to come to town today, so I decided to call the papillon breeder I've been talking to in order to see if we could go down and see the puppies, since the trainer I'd been planning to bring with is dealing with family emergencies. Now, some of you may remember that I had been looking at one of her puppies in particular, named Simon. Well, when we got there we got to meet Simon and his siblings, and I found myself torn! Yes, I still loved Simon's face, but one of his brothers, Tommy, was sticking out to me as well. Tommy looked more square than Simon, but a lot of that was he had more hair that was sticking straight up. He also was SO energetic. Simon was also pretty active [more than his sister who just slept through most of my visit], but wasn't quite as hyper jumpy as his brother. He was also much more interested in the people than exploring, where as Tommy flat out ignored us to go explore when we brought just him out. Simon also has a pretty natural stance to him, and in the end I did pick him, since overall I felt he was the better show choice and would fit in with my older men better.

So, more money than I would care to admit later, and I've made a downpayment on my puppy! He will be coming to live with me when he is 12 weeks, which is only 2 weeks from now!
Now for a flood of the photos I took of him after I'd finally decided between the boys. The first two he's playing with the other brother I thought about getting instead.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Then my aunt and I went shopping and I found the CUTEST dress, which she bought for me since I'd just spent so much on a puppy. We get home, and I sent my aunt off for home, get in to feed my animals, and that's when my day suddenly turned around. My roommate informs me out of the blue that they're taking their two cats and Jim, their pug/pom mix, to the pound in the morning. Apparently they can't actually afford to own animals, yet they still have a lovely, shiny new car they're making payments on and go to the movies at least once a month, and yeah... Supposedly they have been discussing it for a few weeks, but didn't bother mentioning it to me for bullshit reasons I don't really remember.

Well, after a bit of a yelling match and a long walk with a friend who had a calm mind, Jim is now in my care until I find him the perfect home, and I will be paying for his shots and having whoever adopts him pay for his neutering as an adoption fee. I'll probably also pay to get him chipped so I know he's never going to be thrown away. They've agreed to try for 2 weeks with me to find homes for the cats as well. I don't think they realized how close they were to being told to move out until an angry post on facebook and some of the responses I got from it, so now they're trying to at least try and keep the peace. The phrasing that the one who got Jim used was "I still fail to see why your so worked up about this but I am endeavoring to take your feelings into account." Gah! Just frustrating!

And then they had the nerve to ask if I was still considering giving Pangur to the daughter of a coworker of mine. The only reason I'd even been discussing it was their cats had been harassing and now even attacking her, she and Payton have been fighting more than ever lately [they'd always gotten into an argument about once a month, but lately it's becoming daily, and she even went after Sam the other day] because of how stressed she is, and the coworker's daughter is a single mom with a 5 year old who's thinking of getting 1 and only 1 cat. Pangur would be happier there, and I could keep track of her, make sure she's doing okay, help with any bills they need help with because of her, and insure that she comes back to me if she ever needed to. Now that the other two cats will be leaving, I'm torn on where she would be happier... Probably as the only animal, but it is not going to be easy to let her go.
Eww, I can't believe you would spend money on one of those hideous dogs. Don't you know they are named after a bug. mad

User Image
Kirby welcomes you to the kingdom of the papillon.

Wow about your roommates. I'm glad you will be able to help the animals out at least.

Dangerous Lunatic

8,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Brandisher 100
Krissim Klaw
Eww, I can't believe you would spend money on one of those hideous dogs. Don't you know they are named after a bug. mad

User Image
Kirby welcomes you to the kingdom of the papillon.

Wow about your roommates. I'm glad you will be able to help the animals out at least.

Ack! Why would anyone name a dog after any kind of bug? It's almost as insane as someone owning a bug!

Tell Kirby thanks! I'm really looking forward to the new baby, even with all the craziness that's happened since. Hell, at first I thought it was BECAUSE I had decided to get the new dog, which really pissed me off since they had been pushing for me to do it so our puppies could play together.
First of all. OH my gawd he is ADORABLE!! heart He is such a cutie-patootie. Are you going to keep his name, or change it to something else?

Second. Holy crap. Your roommate's sound like a piece of work. I'm glad you were able to convince them to let you try and help them at least. If they had told you a couple of weeks ago, you could have already had them all adopted. How awful. That must have been a pit in your stomach after such a great day. sad

Dangerous Lunatic

8,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Brandisher 100
SHD
First of all. OH my gawd he is ADORABLE!! heart He is such a cutie-patootie. Are you going to keep his name, or change it to something else?

Second. Holy crap. Your roommate's sound like a piece of work. I'm glad you were able to convince them to let you try and help them at least. If they had told you a couple of weeks ago, you could have already had them all adopted. How awful. That must have been a pit in your stomach after such a great day. sad

I'm thinking I will. I really want to use Superheros and Villains for my show names, since I'm a bit of a DC geek, and if he'd had black markings I probably would have asked for Bruce Wayne as his show name and called him Batman or Brucey, but his markings are red and his sister is already named Robin! There's another hero [of sorts] in Gotham who goes by the name of Simon Dark, there's even a nursery rhyme in Gotham about him, so it fits his litter's nursery rhyme characters theme. Thinking his show name might end up being Dark Green Simon to play on the Simon Dark character and keep my last name in there. Haven't completely figured it out.

I can't use Green if I ever do get a kennel name, since someone already has Green's Papillons. Thought about The Green Butterflies as a kennel name with TGB put on the puppies names, but I have at least 5 years to sort that out, cause Sam's not allowed to die before that and I really do not want more than 3 dogs.

Anyhow, Simon's little rhyme from DC comics!

Lurks in Shadows. Hides in the park.
Simon. Simon. Simon Dark.

If you're good he'll stay away.
If you're bad he'll make you pay.

Payton Leeroy
SHD

I'm thinking I will. I really want to use Superheros and Villains for my show names, since I'm a bit of a DC geek, and if he'd had black markings I probably would have asked for Bruce Wayne as his show name and called him Batman or Brucey, but his markings are red and his sister is already named Robin! There's another hero [of sorts] in Gotham who goes by the name of Simon Dark, there's even a nursery rhyme in Gotham about him, so it fits his litter's nursery rhyme characters theme. Thinking his show name might end up being Dark Green Simon to play on the Simon Dark character and keep my last name in there. Haven't completely figured it out.

I can't use Green if I ever do get a kennel name, since someone already has Green's Papillons. Thought about The Green Butterflies as a kennel name with TGB put on the puppies names, but I have at least 5 years to sort that out, cause Sam's not allowed to die before that and I really do not want more than 3 dogs.

Anyhow, Simon's little rhyme from DC comics!

If you're good he'll stay away.
If you're bad he'll make you pay.

That's awesome. I love that idea. That's really cool. The rhyme is cool too. 3nodding
OMGZ pap babies!!! Super excited for you and can't wait for more puppy pics!

I get to have my fill of Paps for the next week dogsitting my favorite duo

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces