Welcome to Gaia! ::

Big Boy Fur's Widow

Anxious Kitten

11,650 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
Im a dog owner normally, last time i went to my vet i adopted a kitten. I thought she was litter box trained because well she goes in the litterbox but now im finding poop hidden everywhere. how do i stop this.
Normally They'll naturally use the litter box because they like to bury their 'potty'. Make sure you show her where her litter box is, try not to move it around to much, have a couple inches of litter at all times, 2-3inches....and makes sure you clean it regularly!! Like every other day, sometimes cats will start pottying in other places because they think their box is to dirty.

Big Boy Fur's Widow

Anxious Kitten

11,650 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
EGWhiz
Normally They'll naturally use the litter box because they like to bury their 'potty'. Make sure you show her where her litter box is, try not to move it around to much, have a couple inches of litter at all times, 2-3inches....and makes sure you clean it regularly!! Like every other day, sometimes cats will start pottying in other places because they think their box is to dirty.
its onlly on my fiances stuff
OffDutyCynic
EGWhiz
its onlly on my fiances stuff

If its things that smell like him, clothes ext try to keep them off the floor and in places you're cat can't get to them, she's marking her territory.
Kitty is not fully litterbox trained, she needs to go into litterbox bootcamp to learn the rules.
Boxes should be scooped at least once a day
Many cats prefer to do their business in separate spots so it's typically recommended to have at least two boxes for one cat. They can also be picky about litter type.

It also doesn't hurt to rule out medical concerns; if it's ruled to be behavioural it helps to understand why (when you know for certain that the cat's fully box-trained)

Big Boy Fur's Widow

Anxious Kitten

11,650 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
~ Aki - Fairy ~
Kitty is not fully litterbox trained, she needs to go into litterbox bootcamp to learn the rules.
Many cats prefer to do their business in separate spots so it's typically recommended to have at least two boxes for one cat. They can also be picky about litter type.

It also doesn't hurt to rule out medical concerns; if it's ruled to be behavioural it helps to understand why (when you know for certain that the cat's fully box-trained)
how do i implement litter box bootcamp?
OffDutyCynic
~ Aki - Fairy ~

how do i implement litter box bootcamp?

I don't feel like editing, so my post from earlier (it was in regards to a concern about inappropriate peeing, but the gist of it is the same):
Anyways - he needs to go into litterbox bootcamp. He needs to be confined to a room (bathroom's usually a good one; a large dog crate is an alternative to confinement), wherein he has his litterbox, his food and water dishes, a bed, a scratcher, some toys; bed, scratcher, food/water should be set up as far from the litterbox as possible. He's basically going to live in this room until he's reliably using the box, so make it comfortable for him. Remember that just because he's in confinement doesn't mean he should be forgotten about/ignored - you need to make a point to spend time with him; if he's being good about using the box, you can let him out for short, supervised periods of time. Especially because he'll be living in such small quarters with it, you need to be on top of box-scooping - at least once a day, preferably every time you notice he's used it (this will also help to show you how often he's going and whatnot, which can be handy when you're letting him out.
Once he's reliably using the box, you may need to slowly integrate him back into the rest of the house - basically he has to earn that space -bedrooms should be the last access point-

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff