Welcome to Gaia! ::

I probably won't get a helpful answer here, but what the hell...

My friend's cat has been lacking appetite for a couple of days and now he started vomiting and urinating blood.
It's 11pm and there aren't any vets working this late...
How bad do you think this is? D:
Anything we can do? x:

Familiar Poster

5,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
Extremely bad. That is serious stuff and can range anywhere from some sort of gastrointestinal disease or parasite to swallowing something harmful to...anything, really. But it could easily be lethal if you don't get him to the vet ASAP.

Look up the earliest time a vet near you opens up and take him there when that is- and I mean right on the hour.

For now, keep him in a warm, quiet place and make sure he's hydrated (check to see this by doing the skin tent test). My expertise in cats is lacking, but (and someone correct me if I'm wrong), it may be a good idea to see if you can get him eating. Offer some wet food- try offering it slightly warmed, or with any of the cat's favorite foods on it.

But this is a serious situation and it's very possible he could die, so keep it in mind.
Moth Feathers

Thanks for the advice...
As far as we know, it didn't ingest anything harmful. It's always inside the house and there is never anything poison-like lying around.

We got the cat to drink a bit of water and then milk.
I really hope he makes it till tomorrow. The vets only open around 7:30am... :c

Thank you very much, anyway.

Familiar Poster

5,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
nuqiz-
Moth Feathers

Thanks for the advice...
As far as we know, it didn't ingest anything harmful. It's always inside the house and there is never anything poison-like lying around.

We got the cat to drink a bit of water and then milk.
I really hope he makes it till tomorrow. The vets only open around 7:30am... :c

Thank you very much, anyway.

I hope you mean special 'milk' made for cats. Cats are lactose intolerant, them drinking cow's milk is very bad for them. In his case with the vomiting and diarrhea, it would only make it worse.
Moth Feathers

OMG --'

To tell you the truth, I have no idea what type of milk it is o.o And I had no idea that cats were lactose intolerant D;
But my friend has had LOTS of cats before, and I'm sure he knew that.
And if he didn't... Poor Cat (yes, his name is Cat, sometimes Kitty - what a lack of creativity).

Anyway, I'm exhausted. Been searching for vets or any answer at all for the past two hours.
Thanks again for sharing your knowledge about cat problems, or whatever I'mma call it.
Really. Thank you.

8,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
get him to the vet in the morning... don't call for an appointment just take him and call on the way saying it is an emergency.

get him some water in him... if you can get him to eat then good but don't try and force him. I would say maybe offer the cat all his favorite things (that are safe for him.)

I wish you guys luck.
Mistress of Rain

Thanks. I think my friend is on his way to the vet now. Lets see what happens x:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff