Welcome to Gaia! ::

Demonic Kitten

so i took my peaches into the vet today because she is favoring her left leg yowling and snarling and such. i thought she hurt herself but it turns out she hasnt been drinking so she hasnt been pooping. i need to get her to drink more so she can poop. can you guys give me some advice

Questionable Prophet

Mix some water into her wet food and maybe feed only wet food for a while.
If she's more of a kibble kitty, try mixing the kibbles in as well.

I would probably give my doctor a call if she doesn't start drinking in the next few days.

Demonic Kitten

Desi the fuzzy fluffhead

I would probably give my doctor a call if she doesn't start drinking in the next few days.

yeah they said she needs to go back if not. She wont eat the wet food i set out for her. She just hides under the bed

Questionable Prophet

Starlit Wolfe
Desi the fuzzy fluffhead

yeah they said she needs to go back if not. She wont eat the wet food i set out for her. She just hides under the bed

Maybe try setting out some different kinds and leaving the room?
Try more stinky cat foods that will really entice her.
Put some treats on it?
If you have any or if you want to go out, and your cat is a seafood cat they have these really enticing salmon flakes that smell pretty strong and can be put on food. They probably have other flake things.

I'm not sure, good luck with your kitty.

Anxious Citizen

10,550 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Firestarter 200
  • Inquisitor 200
Despite Tuna isn't good for cats, try using a little bit of Tuna? That's what I did, when my cat refused to eat/drink for a few days after being almost mauled to death by a Corgi.

O.G. Gaian

There's a reason why she won't drink. That's what you need to find and address.

And you have a last-ditch option, too: draw a bath, get her sopping, and while she'll be furious with you, she'll also immediately "clean" herself, licking up all the water from her fur.

Now, here's the thing. And it probably isn't a thing, just me associating words. Ever heard of something called hydrophobia? Break it down: hydro = water, and phobia = fear. Fear of water. It's what they used to call rabies, because one of the first symptoms a rabid animal usually exhibits is an aversion to water. So. If she starts drooling, get her contained and to the vet as fast as you can. Well, do that anyway, in fact.

Demonic Kitten

faolan

There's a reason why she won't drink. That's what you need to find and address.

And you have a last-ditch option, too: draw a bath, get her sopping, and while she'll be furious with you, she'll also immediately "clean" herself, licking up all the water from her fur.

Now, here's the thing. And it probably isn't a thing, just me associating words. Ever heard of something called hydrophobia? Break it down: hydro = water, and phobia = fear. Fear of water. It's what they used to call rabies, because one of the first symptoms a rabid animal usually exhibits is an aversion to water. So. If she starts drooling, get her contained and to the vet as fast as you can. Well, do that anyway, in fact.

she has her rabies shots, and she loves water acctualy so shes not afraid of it. but hell im going to stick her in the bath....as soon as i can get her out from under my bed

Demonic Kitten

Cleverbuttons
Despite Tuna isn't good for cats, try using a little bit of Tuna? That's what I did, when my cat refused to eat/drink for a few days after being almost mauled to death by a Corgi.

tried that already lol she wont move from under the bed, and when i moved it close enough to her she yowled and tried to move away

Edgiest Knife

43,715 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • The Edgiest 250
Cats are attracted to moving water, that's why those pet fountains are so popular. Maybe try running the faucet and see if she's interested?

Demonic Kitten

Friday_Dora
Cats are attracted to moving water, that's why those pet fountains are so popular. Maybe try running the faucet and see if she's interested?

she wont walk around. she lays down and thats it

Edgiest Knife

43,715 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • The Edgiest 250
Starlit Wolfe
Friday_Dora

sad That's certainly not going to help the constipation. Was the vet able to do anything for her?

Demonic Kitten

Friday_Dora
Starlit Wolfe
Friday_Dora

sad That's certainly not going to help the constipation. Was the vet able to do anything for her?

they gave me this laxative stuff. i gave her some today. but he told me to feed her wet food (she wont eat) and also to get her to drink hence the bath i just agve her.....

High-functioning Dreamer

This might be a stupid idea but if you can get a syringe you could fill it with a bit of water and stick it in her mouth. Might not work but it's something

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
if your cat need fluids and she isnt drinking on her own then i would force feed her if you know how.

i would also give your vet a call and see if they have anything to help get your cat to eat or drink
Feed only wet food for awhile. From then on, make sure you feed at least one meal of wet food a day. Cats naturally have a low thirst drive as they are biologically designed to get the majority of their water from their food.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff