Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Lunatic

8,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Brandisher 100
With a crappy photo right after I wore him and Payton out.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

That's right, it's Jim, the puppy my [currently in the process of moving into their new apartment] roommates got, then decided to tell me they were planning to dump at the pound the day I made a downpayment on Simon. So, good news is that he and Simon have been getting along, though occasionally Payton tries to tell Jim off for being too rough with "his" puppy. Glad that Payton likes Simon that much, but usually Simon's trying to keep playing, so I've been having Payton cuddle with me while they play, which he's loving! Sam's not so happy though, since Jim is convinced that if he just tries hard enough Sam will want to play with him. The people who had him for the past month got him pretty far along with his house breaking, which is awesome, but he's also reaching the marking age, and is getting just a touch of excited peeing. Hopefully it's just because he's back at my place and will settle down again soon.

His family had loved him, and he loved them, just a little too much. Apparently he was jumping and nipping at their toddler's face when he got over excited [which is pretty easy to do with a toddler who will run around with you], and they hadn't been able to keep him from doing it, and yes, I had told them to get in contact with me if they needed any training advice, but the first I heard of the nipping was when they texted me today to say it was just too much for them. I'm glad that they did get a hold of me like they'd agreed when they'd decided they couldn't keep him anymore, though they do have a friend they think might be interested, so I'm just giving Jim a couple days to settle in again while they talk to their friend before I start looking for another family. I'm actually pretty bummed that it didn't work out with them, since it had seemed like such a good match.

And yes, I did insist that a dog I've never actually owned be returned to me, even though I had nothing to do with his creation. Why? Because I'm the idiot who trusted my roommates when they told me they could handle having a dog and agreed to have him come into my home. I even helped them pick him since they wanted a dog with his amount of energy and drive for competition, only for them to turn around and utterly fail with him. I feel responsible for the little guy, even though no one before me did.

So, there we have it. The anti-Payton is back, for the time being at least.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I'm sorry things didn't work out with the first home. Play nipping tends to be thankfully fairly easy to remedy though so hopefully the next home will be better equipped to deal with it.
It sucks that things didn't work out with Jim and the family, but at least he is safe with you again. I totally agree with how you feel about being responsible for Jim. I've done the same thing several times as well. Hopefully the family's friend will want Jim and he'll have a forever happy home! 3nodding

But until then, more cute pictures of Simon and Jim playing please. 4laugh

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces