Edgiest Knife

43,715 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • The Edgiest 250
Shanna66
Friday_Dora
Shanna66
keeping reptiles did make dating a bit tough but i couldnt be bothered to be with someone who was afraid of reptiles of any type.

I'm actually meeting more guys at reptile shows and herp society meetings than I ever did in high school/college/work. lol

lol thats fantastic!

Yeah. But I've noticed that the invert community and the reptile community don't overlap too much. I've met invert guys who are terrified of snakes and snake guys who can't so much as look at a spider. So it's still a little tricky.

Anxious Seeker

I get odd looks yes, but not near as much now that I say I have only three girlies. When I said I had 14 rats at one point people would be all O_O before coming over. All clean, no odor, and all trained. But I bred Rex rats for awhile before my heart kept breaking with deaths as my oldies got up there. Its easier to only have a few, they just leave such big holes when they pass away. But although many people at first were put off, everyone who meets my rodents falls in love, and one is even planning on getting two girls soon. :<

I would make people scream at me, across the street. About the snake I had on my neck. Hey, she needed sun too.

I get the ODDEST stares from people when I walk my cat with my roommates pug. Like dogs, I rather keep her busy and exploring makes a healthy mind. I love when we have her sitting in the car with us while we work on it, and kids run by and literally STOP and stare. Their wtf face is funny. x)

When I used to own two horses, we used to ride up to fast food places Just to take them through fast food drives. In Texas, horses are a mode of transport. A friend stood on the weight sensor with another friend(Her horse was light) and we order ice cream for the ponies. Everyone was all giggles and screams and kids eyeballs were falling out. A little girls dream was made. Lol.

Whenever I told people I had a house rabbit they near laughed. Then they saw the tricks my buns knew, they were in love.

I've rescued soooo many animals. x.x;

Our apartment has right now;
A pug - Squirmz
A tabby - Ohka
Three rats - Latte, Cappuccino, and Macchiato. (Frappe passed away of old age)
Three geckos
A pacman frog.
Three kenyan sand boas - Two of which morphs are rare, one unheard of. They are worth 5k) Try telling someone one of those worms cost that much. Lol.
A bearded dragon
Three African Soft Fur rats

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
Friday_Dora
Shanna66
Friday_Dora
Shanna66
keeping reptiles did make dating a bit tough but i couldnt be bothered to be with someone who was afraid of reptiles of any type.

I'm actually meeting more guys at reptile shows and herp society meetings than I ever did in high school/college/work. lol

lol thats fantastic!

Yeah. But I've noticed that the invert community and the reptile community don't overlap too much. I've met invert guys who are terrified of snakes and snake guys who can't so much as look at a spider. So it's still a little tricky.

Lol ive noticed that too. Luckily hubby and I love both

Edgiest Knife

43,715 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • The Edgiest 250
Holsteiner

I've never heard of anyone taking their horse through the drive-thru. That's awesome.

What sand boa morphs do you have? (I've got an anery male myself.)
Friday_Dora

Pft, I've run into a lot of invert people that are afraid of certain inverts. rofl

You would think keeping mantises might create a lot of strange looks but people tend to be more interested than anything else. Even a lot of people that are in general afraid of bugs tend to be very curious about them. It seems a lot of people view mantises like they would butterflies and ladybugs only mantises are even 'cooler.'

Edgiest Knife

43,715 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • The Edgiest 250
Krissim Klaw
Friday_Dora

Pft, I've run into a lot of invert people that are afraid of certain inverts. rofl

You would think keeping mantises might create a lot of strange looks but people tend to be more interested than anything else. Even a lot of people that are in general afraid of bugs tend to be very curious about them. It seems a lot of people view mantises like they would butterflies and ladybugs only mantises are even 'cooler.'

I think mantises are a gateway bug. For me, I have always loved them and always looked for them but I still have not seen a wild mantis, so the first time I saw one it was like seeing a unicorn. They're so cool, and their intelligence really sets them apart from other inverts for me.

(And the invert people scared of inverts thing is so true, I know quite a few who can't stand centipedes. I still get the heebie-jeebies if one skitters across the floor, but I just hate their locomotion.)

Mega Mage

I had a tarantula once upon a time. I loved it so much until my dad found out. ;-; Despite my protests that my spider was peaceful, he made me get rid of it. ;-; His house, his rules.

Hygienic Bloodsucker

6,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Over Easy 100
  • Hygienic 200
Holsteiner
I get odd looks yes, but not near as much now that I say I have only three girlies. When I said I had 14 rats at one point people would be all O_O before coming over. All clean, no odor, and all trained. But I bred Rex rats for awhile before my heart kept breaking with deaths as my oldies got up there. Its easier to only have a few, they just leave such big holes when they pass away. But although many people at first were put off, everyone who meets my rodents falls in love, and one is even planning on getting two girls soon. :<

I would make people scream at me, across the street. About the snake I had on my neck. Hey, she needed sun too.

I get the ODDEST stares from people when I walk my cat with my roommates pug. Like dogs, I rather keep her busy and exploring makes a healthy mind. I love when we have her sitting in the car with us while we work on it, and kids run by and literally STOP and stare. Their wtf face is funny. x)

When I used to own two horses, we used to ride up to fast food places Just to take them through fast food drives. In Texas, horses are a mode of transport. A friend stood on the weight sensor with another friend(Her horse was light) and we order ice cream for the ponies. Everyone was all giggles and screams and kids eyeballs were falling out. A little girls dream was made. Lol.

Whenever I told people I had a house rabbit they near laughed. Then they saw the tricks my buns knew, they were in love.

I've rescued soooo many animals. x.x;

Our apartment has right now;
A pug - Squirmz
A tabby - Ohka
Three rats - Latte, Cappuccino, and Macchiato. (Frappe passed away of old age)
Three geckos
A pacman frog.
Three kenyan sand boas - Two of which morphs are rare, one unheard of. They are worth 5k) Try telling someone one of those worms cost that much. Lol.
A bearded dragon
Three African Soft Fur rats

Looks like you got your hands full! My teacher had a bearded dragon one time, it was very very cool to watch and hold.

Edgiest Knife

43,715 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • The Edgiest 250
twiggimmapiggus
I had a tarantula once upon a time. I loved it so much until my dad found out. ;-; Despite my protests that my spider was peaceful, he made me get rid of it. ;-; His house, his rules.

Augh, that sucks. :< You should get another, if you can...

Mega Mage

Friday_Dora
twiggimmapiggus

You know what, you're right! I'm a grown a** woman and can do what I want! xD

Edgiest Knife

43,715 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • The Edgiest 250
twiggimmapiggus
Friday_Dora
twiggimmapiggus

You know what, you're right! I'm a grown a** woman and can do what I want! xD

That's the spirit! rofl Ah, adulthood. It really sucks, but my pets are awesome.
Friday_Dora

I think mantises are a gateway bug. For me, I have always loved them and always looked for them but I still have not seen a wild mantis, so the first time I saw one it was like seeing a unicorn. They're so cool, and their intelligence really sets them apart from other inverts for me.

(And the invert people scared of inverts thing is so true, I know quite a few who can't stand centipedes. I still get the heebie-jeebies if one skitters across the floor, but I just hate their locomotion.)
Hahaha, gateway bug, I like that. Mantises are very personable with the way they watch things and are able to turn their head and body to look at things. Centipedes tend to get a lot of people. I actually think they look really cool moving and have to remind myself no touching.

I'm always surprised how many people are really kind of squeamish about crickets even when they are feeding them to much more dangerous critters. Poor crickets, they get so much flack.

Edgiest Knife

43,715 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • The Edgiest 250
Krissim Klaw
Hahaha, gateway bug, I like that. Mantises are very personable with the way they watch things and are able to turn their head and body to look at things. Centipedes tend to get a lot of people. I actually think they look really cool moving and have to remind myself no touching.

I'm always surprised how many people are really kind of squeamish about crickets even when they are feeding them to much more dangerous critters. Poor crickets, they get so much flack.

I just noticed that bug rhymes with drug. lol Heh.
The house centipedes are the ones that get to me. Their legs are just so long and feathery, and when they move... asdghjkl. I respect them, but no thank you. There are some species I do love, like Scolopendra hardwickei. Of course it would be one I could never afford...

Crickets have never bothered me, but I used to catch them in the yard when I was a kid. I'd listen for the chirping and try to track them down, and found them most of the time. I'm a cricket ninja.
Friday_Dora
Krissim Klaw

I just noticed that bug rhymes with drug. lol Heh.
The house centipedes are the ones that get to me. Their legs are just so long and feathery, and when they move... asdghjkl. I respect them, but no thank you. There are some species I do love, like Scolopendra hardwickei. Of course it would be one I could never afford...

Crickets have never bothered me, but I used to catch them in the yard when I was a kid. I'd listen for the chirping and try to track them down, and found them most of the time. I'm a cricket ninja.
Hahaha I'm not joking when I say mantises keep me off other drugs because I am too busy being addicted to them. rofl

I used to do a lot of grasshopper catching when I was a kid.
    nobody really believes me at first when i say i have pet rats..they just think i'm joking.
    then when they realize i'm not, they get real squeamish.
    they're the only "odd' pets i've ever owned. the rest have all been "normal"

actually, i did get a few odd reactions when i used to have hermit crabs.
    but they were accepted a little more than the rats.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff