Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shy Dragon

24,065 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
so i have a ten gallon tank full of guppies( 15 to 20, most are babies or teenagers, a few young adults) i have seen most of them flashing over the past several weeks. i tried two, three rounds of pimafix and it didn't do anything. i cant see anything. i have been doing one 30ish percent water changes once a week for the past three weeks. before that it was more like once a month. i have added salt. they are still flashing. they have no visible fungus or sores, they act fine, there is nothing wrong but the flashing. what else can i do? i also just did a water test. the water was normal for my area, nitrates were a little high so i did a water change( it was late anyway) so my water is mostly ok. temp is probably a bit low, maybe 72/73 F. any questions just ask.

Shy Dragon

24,065 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
any ideas? i need this tank to be healthy in two weeks or so so i can move a bunch of baby platties into this tank after giving my mom back all her guppies.

Spoopy Kitten

I may be wrong, but the tank seems a bit small... Me and my mom used to breed guppies and we would only keep a max of 20 in a 40 gallon tank. 10 seems small, to me, for the amount that you have. I really wouldnt recommend adding more fish to it now, nor in a 2 weeks. The water you are using might also be an issue for them

I suggest googling about how to take care of guppies, what their water should be like, and what their tank size should be + what their tank should look like

Shy Dragon

24,065 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
xChibi Cannibalx
I may be wrong, but the tank seems a bit small... Me and my mom used to breed guppies and we would only keep a max of 20 in a 40 gallon tank. 10 seems small, to me, for the amount that you have. I really wouldnt recommend adding more fish to it now, nor in a 2 weeks. The water you are using might also be an issue for them

I suggest googling about how to take care of guppies, what their water should be like, and what their tank size should be + what their tank should look like

i am only using it as a grow out tnak and im certainly not putting my platty babies and all those guppies in there. theres only a few adults and the rest are mostly pre teens. with a few younger ones tossed in. i am giving them back to my mom before i put my platties in there. ive checked the water already it was normal for my area, where i have had guppies several times before and had them thrive. only thing was nitrates were a little high. i did a water change immediately. they went down. they do seem to be a better after that.

Spoopy Kitten

lividdarkangel800
xChibi Cannibalx

i am only using it as a grow out tnak and im certainly not putting my platty babies and all those guppies in there. theres only a few adults and the rest are mostly pre teens. with a few younger ones tossed in. i am giving them back to my mom before i put my platties in there. ive checked the water already it was normal for my area, where i have had guppies several times before and had them thrive. only thing was nitrates were a little high. i did a water change immediately. they went down. they do seem to be a better after that.

Good then ^^ I misread the OP i think, sorry

I would keep checking the water on and off then whenever they start to freak out. If changing it helped, then you might need to do that a little more often

Shy Dragon

24,065 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
xChibi Cannibalx
lividdarkangel800
xChibi Cannibalx

Good then ^^ I misread the OP i think, sorry

I would keep checking the water on and off then whenever they start to freak out. If changing it helped, then you might need to do that a little more often

yep i watched them for half an hour yesterday and they seemed ok i didnt see any flashing. i checked the water again and the nitrates were down again. i think i just need to keep up on small water changes.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff