Welcome to Gaia! ::

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
my ferrets! its been over a year and the girl will nibble and fresh meat while my boy seems to prefer starvation. well on a ferret group on facebook somebody was asking about natures variety kibble with bits of freeze dried raw and people were saying good things about it as far is kibble goes so i decided to give it a try. they didnt like the little raw bits for the first week but now those are the first bits to go! im pretty sure they are eating it since im not finding them stashed away somewhere

so my plan is to buy just plain freeze dried raw and mix it in with the kibble and just phase the kibble out, then work on getting them on fresh meat

i want to watch my ferrets consume an entire rabbit carcass dammit!

in other news stowrm went to the vet yesterday to get up to date on her vaccines so i can take her to the vet i work at to spend the day with me while i work. she did not like the new vet assistant at all. she peed when she first saw him then sprayed a**l gland juice all over the wall when he got near her to give her one of her vaccines. vet said she looked great as usual but had a little bit of tarter so i should bump up those turkey necks. i admit, ive been slacking.

Devoted Inquisitor

I didn't realize stowrm's problems were so extreme. :[ Poor thing. I've never met a dog that extreme before--the world must be so scary for her!

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
Latrans
I didn't realize stowrm's problems were so extreme. :[ Poor thing. I've never met a dog that extreme before--the world must be so scary for her!

She isnt usually anywhere near that bad! Sure she has issues but she has never been that terrified. She just really hated the vet assistant for some reason. Its not unusual for her to not like strangers but she has gotten to the point where she will just give them the stink eye

We have been making so much progress. I can take her out to eat in public now and she does really well. That time at the vet was very out of character for her. She wasnt even that bad when I first got her

Even my vet was confused since stowrm has made so much progress

Devoted Inquisitor

Shanna66
Latrans

She isnt usually anywhere near that bad! Sure she has issues but she has never been that terrified. She just really hated the vet assistant for some reason. Its not unusual for her to not like strangers but she has gotten to the point where she will just give them the stink eye

We have been making so much progress. I can take her out to eat in public now and she does really well. That time at the vet was very out of character for her. She wasnt even that bad when I first got her

That makes sense. :[ Still I've never seen a dog be that upset about anything. Poor thing.

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
Latrans
Shanna66
Latrans

That makes sense. :[ Still I've never seen a dog be that upset about anything. Poor thing.

We had one at the shelter who had been kept in a dirty crate outside for his entire 2 years of life that was really bad. He hated being out of hus cage and would slam himself into walls to try and get back to the cage. After begging my boss for months they finally put him down.

Im kind of hessitant to take her back. I know thats silly since it was just once but she was so bad with him. I dont want her to feel that afraid again

Tasty Cat

9,800 Points
  • Master Converter 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Luck of the Draw 50
Nice. I feed my Rats Raw. I love Raw. I wish it was easier to feed my dogs raw... but with as many as I have, it isn't cost effective.

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
ApolloRouge
Nice. I feed my Rats Raw. I love Raw. I wish it was easier to feed my dogs raw... but with as many as I have, it isn't cost effective.

I lice it too. 2 of my cats and my dog do raw once a week or so

Fish and reptiles are of course on raw too lol

But the ferrets will benefit the most from it so ive been trying to get them on an all raw diet. They are so picky though. They were eating purina when I got them and ive been making diet changes ever since

Tasty Cat

9,800 Points
  • Master Converter 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Luck of the Draw 50
Shanna66
ApolloRouge

But the ferrets will benefit the most from it so ive been trying to get them on an all raw diet. They are so picky though. They were eating purina when I got them and ive been making diet changes ever since

smile Raw takes time to get it right. I am sure your ferrets wont be so picky once you learn what all they like.

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
ApolloRouge
Shanna66
ApolloRouge

smile Raw takes time to get it right. I am sure your ferrets wont be so picky once you learn what all they like.

They like kibble lol. They kind of nibble at raw eggs and the girl will lick meat
I feed my cats pinky mice/rats, day old chicks and chicken quarters. Sometimes they get guinea pig, rabbit and quail.
My dog gets chicken quarters, ground chicken or turkey with ground bone, or culled rabbits from a local rabbitry.
My ferret friends say they have the most luck feeding their ferrets pinky mice with the belly cut open, if that helps.
Rodentpro.com is awesome.

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
ParrotTamer
I feed my cats pinky mice/rats, day old chicks and chicken quarters. Sometimes they get guinea pig, rabbit and quail.
My dog gets chicken quarters, ground chicken or turkey with ground bone, or culled rabbits from a local rabbitry.
My ferret friends say they have the most luck feeding their ferrets pinky mice with the belly cut open, if that helps.

i go to a local reptile shop for my feeders because they are bred there and pretty healthy. my ferrets just turn their noses up at rodents. they dont even want to give them a sniff

my dog and one of my cats go nuts for chicken wings and turkey necks. and of course all my leftovers from my own meals before they are cooked lol. i bring out that cutting board and those 2 are right at my feet
Shanna66
ParrotTamer

i go to a local reptile shop for my feeders because they are bred there and pretty healthy. my ferrets just turn their noses up at rodents. they dont even want to give them a sniff

my dog and one of my cats go nuts for chicken wings and turkey necks. and of course all my leftovers from my own meals before they are cooked lol. i bring out that cutting board and those 2 are right at my feet

I don't think I've heard of such picky ferrets before! My friends work their ferrets on their farm, as well, so that might add to the fact that they love raw so much.... They hunt moles in their fields.

Raw can be tricky. Especially since none of mine really like organ meat, so I have to grind it up and mix it with things they like... Like chicken broth, ACV or even peanut butter... It's hard to trick them sometimes, though!

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
ParrotTamer
Shanna66
ParrotTamer

I don't think I've heard of such picky ferrets before! My friends work their ferrets on their farm, as well, so that might add to the fact that they love raw so much.... They hunt moles in their fields.

Raw can be tricky. Especially since none of mine really like organ meat, so I have to grind it up and mix it with things they like... Like chicken broth, ACV or even peanut butter... It's hard to trick them sometimes, though!

I got both of mine from a rescue and they are just housepets. My boy was 2 years and my girl was 6 months when I got them and they were already used to cheap kibble

Hunting with ferrets sounds like so much fun

And I havent tried chicken broth. Maybe ill dab a little in their meat soup next time

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff