Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shy Fatcat

Last night my brother opening the door because he thought he heard our cat outside. She usually meows really loud to let us know she wants back in. It turned out to be a skinny,short,yellow female cat. She had a gray and white collar on, no address or tag on it. She came in the house running and eating so much of the cat food. We let her out last night and she stays on our yard. Its her third night here and she comes in and eats like its her house already. She sleeps with us, eats our food and meows when she wants in. We think they either abandoned her or something. Were keeping her for now until we find out someone is looking for a cat. I think she belongs to someone in our neighborhood.

Hilarious Swapper

Take her to a vet or animal shelter... She might have a microchip. The cat can be lost and
pretty far away from home. A collar means she belongs to someone.

Shy Fatcat

Riimmy
Take her to a vet or animal shelter... She might have a microchip. The cat can be lost and
No dip, I know she belongs to someone.

Feral Bibliophile

13,750 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Marathon 300
  • Tooth Fairy 100
Choeozu
Riimmy

I work at a vet clinic, and we often find a microchip in a lost animal, and are able to contact the original owner. We have had owners come in sobbing because they didn't think they were ever going to see their animal again.
If there is no microchip, I would leave a description of the cat and a contact number at the local vets and shelters because those are usually the first places owners will call when their animal is missing. It is very nice of you to give the kitty a safe place to stay until she/he can be reunited with the owner.

Timid Star

11,075 Points
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Timid 100
No need to be rude to people who are trying to offer advice.

Let your local vet know that you've found a stray cat, and perhaps try posting around on social media (Facebook) to see if anyone in your area knows of a stray cat or who might own it. Make sure that if anyone does respond to your posts they're able to prove the cat is theirs, maybe by sending you photos of the cat, just so it doesn't go to a random person who just wants to have a cat. I've seen that happen... it's pretty awful.

Devoted Inquisitor

... you'd think that since you're letting your cat loose you'd be a little more understanding of other people who choose to do the same thing.

Shy Fatcat

Ms Jezebel Spirit
Choeozu
Riimmy

I work at a vet clinic, and we often find a microchip in a lost animal, and are able to contact the original owner. We have had owners come in sobbing because they didn't think they were ever going to see their animal again.
If there is no microchip, I would leave a description of the cat and a contact number at the local vets and shelters because those are usually the first places owners will call when their animal is missing. It is very nice of you to give the kitty a safe place to stay until she/he can be reunited with the owner.
Right. I feel so bad for them but I don't know why this cat keeps coming back and she sneaks in my room. I looked for a microchip and nothing. Were gonna ask anyone in our neighborhood if it belongs to them. If not I'll put up notices.

Shy Fatcat

Jazz the Fighter
No need to be rude to people who are trying to offer advice.

Let your local vet know that you've found a stray cat, and perhaps try posting around on social media (Facebook) to see if anyone in your area knows of a stray cat or who might own it. Make sure that if anyone does respond to your posts they're able to prove the cat is theirs, maybe by sending you photos of the cat, just so it doesn't go to a random person who just wants to have a cat. I've seen that happen... it's pretty awful.
I don't like to rude, I really don't but I already posted I think she belongs to someone in our neighborhood. I already know she had a owner. Thats what I want to do but im actually scared that someone random may claim its theirs when its not. I have a feeling when we return this cat she may come back. I don't understand why shes going home and acting like were her owners. I already have a bond with this cat and I feel sad the fact I have to give her up when the original owner gets her back but its for the best.

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
Choeozu
Ms Jezebel Spirit
Choeozu
Riimmy

Right. I feel so bad for them but I don't know why this cat keeps coming back and she sneaks in my room. I looked for a microchip and nothing. Were gonna ask anyone in our neighborhood if it belongs to them. If not I'll put up notices.

Did you watch them scan her? Sometimes people are lazy and only scan the back of the animal

Hope you find the owner soon

You can also ask to put up a flyer in different vet offices

Shy Fatcat

Shanna66
Choeozu
Ms Jezebel Spirit
Choeozu
Riimmy

Did you watch them scan her? Sometimes people are lazy and only scan the back of the animal

I haven't taken her yet, i looked for one myself and i didnt see and i wanna do that but i have no power to its my parents choice

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
Choeozu
Shanna66
Choeozu
Ms Jezebel Spirit
Choeozu
Riimmy

I haven't taken her yet, i looked for one myself and i didnt see and i wanna do that but i have no power to its my parents choice

You wont be able to tell unless you have a scanner. Chips are the size of rice and can be anywhere in the body

Shy Fatcat

Shanna66
Choeozu
Shanna66
Choeozu
Ms Jezebel Spirit

You wont be able to tell unless you have a scanner. Chips are the size of rice and can be anywhere in the body
Right

Devoted Inquisitor

This thread makes me even more paranoid about my dog getting loose, geeze. :[ Good luck finding her owner.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff