Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Werewolf

My house seems extremely empty an lonely without a dog...
I have been sorta working with a local animal rescue , I walk some dogs and donate healthy home made dog treats to them . Its a donation type program I made in my dogs honor Called Parker's promise.

This rescue just got a litter of 10 puppies from a high kill shelter from TN they are currently only 4 weeks old right now but should be fosterable in a few more weeks.
If not one of these puppies I was thinking about fostering one of their older dogs as long as they get along with cats since I have one.

I have been considering these two cute little guys
http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/22803408

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/22803253

Has anyone ever fostered before?

If so how hard was it? My parent's are afraid we will fall in love and not give them back hehe.

Any horror stories..?
Fostering is awesome and extremely rewarding! I personally don't foster but my friend fosters beagles for the local beagle rescue. She's currently on her second dog and really enjoys fostering. I would love to foster but were at our limit as far as dogs go and I don't know if I could give them up :p

This is my friends current foster
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7p3e1YZwKE

Dapper Werewolf

Animelover955
Fostering is awesome and extremely rewarding! I personally don't foster but my friend fosters beagles for the local beagle rescue. She's currently on her second dog and really enjoys fostering. I would love to foster but were at our limit as far as dogs go and I don't know if I could give them up :p

]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7p3e1YZwKE

Oh hes a big one, my cousin has a 2 year old beagle who is morbidly fat sad . I'm seriously considering intervening in some way ,but I hear shes on a diet now and lost like 10 pounds.

Feline Fairy

Ohmygosh! Teddy's just the cutest little thing ever; do want.

Anyhow, personally I haven't fostered yet, but I want to in the future once my life settles a bit.

I'd be more inclined to go with the dogs that'll have a harder time finding a home/need a bit of work first, just because in my eyes they're the ones that'll need it more.

Getting too attached is my biggest fear, but at the same time, knowing I helped the animal find a "wonderful family and forever home" would probably be a pretty great feeling.

Dapper Werewolf

~ Aki - Fairy ~

Anyhow, personally I haven't fostered yet, but I want to in the future once my life settles a bit.

I'd be more inclined to go with the dogs that'll have a harder time finding a home/need a bit of work first, just because in my eyes they're the ones that'll need it more.

Getting too attached is my biggest fear, but at the same time, knowing I helped the animal find a "wonderful family and forever home" would probably be a pretty great feeling.

He's so super sweet to! hes actually pretty small in size . I'm afraid Id get to attached too..

Feline Fairy

Fading Fantasma
~ Aki - Fairy ~

He so super sweet to! hes actually pretty small in size . I'm afraid Id get to attach too..

The puppies or other easily-adoptable ones may be a good starting point, just because you know they won't be staying with you long. You could also considering having a maximum time-limit (a couple months) that you'll keep any one dog, at least to start.

Dapper Werewolf

~ Aki - Fairy ~
Fading Fantasma
~ Aki - Fairy ~

He so super sweet to! hes actually pretty small in size . I'm afraid Id get to attach too..

The puppies or other easily-adoptable ones may be a good starting point, just because you know they won't be staying with you long. You could also considering having a maximum time-limit (a couple months) that you'll keep any one dog, at least to start.

Yeah I have to talk to the woman the owns/runs the shelter to get more info on it. I was thinking about one of the puppies because all these little guys are taking up a big space in the shelter. They just had another momma a husky lab mix give birth to 5 puppies a few days ago as well.
Also interesting fact that I found out the other day. One litter of puppies can have up to 5 different fathers.

Feline Fairy

Fading Fantasma
Also interesting fact that I found out the other day. One litter of puppies can have up to 5 different fathers.

I've heard that before as well, and it makes sense, since a female dog releases multiple eggs at a time and each egg needs a sperm and male dogs swarm when a female's in heat (maybe not exactly, but you know).

I also imagine that number could increase, depending on how many puppies are in the litter.

Dapper Werewolf

~ Aki - Fairy ~
Fading Fantasma

I've heard that before as well, and it makes sense, since a female dog releases multiple eggs at a time and each egg needs a sperm and male dogs swarm when a female's in heat (maybe not exactly, but you know).

I also imagine that number could increase, depending on how many puppies are in the litter.

The mother of the litter of 10 is a small/medium yellow lab looking thing. Some of the puppies have a long coat and our black and a few others a blond . One of the puppies looks like a beagle mix . Its really interesting to see them all.
Fading Fantasma
Animelover955

Oh hes a big one, my cousin has a 2 year old beagle who is morbidly fat sad . I'm seriously considering intervening in some way ,but I hear shes on a diet now and lost like 10 pounds.

He's a treeing walker mix :p

Its so sad to see fat beagles but lately that's all I ever see
Teddy is so cute!
If I were to foster him I wouldn't be able to give him up.

Why so many Chihuahuas??

How much are the adopting fees? I live an hour away! So want Piddles!!

I fostered a cat but he attacked my cat so we gave him back. sad

Dapper Werewolf

Madame de Sousa
Teddy is so cute!
If I were to foster him I wouldn't be able to give him up.

Why so many Chihuahuas??

How much are the adopting fees? I live an hour away! So want Piddles!!

I fostered a cat but he attacked my cat so we gave him back. sad

Not 100% sure I can give you there link to the website though.

Dapper Werewolf

Animelover955
Fading Fantasma
Animelover955

He's a treeing walker mix :p

Its so sad to see fat beagles but lately that's all I ever see

Yeah its hard to find a ideal weight beagle.

Dapper Werewolf

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces