Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fluffy Noob

There's this outdoor cat that sometimes visits my apartment. I'm not sure who she belongs to, but she's definitely taken care of and stuff.
Is it wrong to give her cat treats?
She wanders into my apartment sometimes and I play with her. But since she belongs to someone else, I haven't given her any treats.
She's just so sweet and I love feeding animals...lol

Devoted Raider

8,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Friendly 100
I would end up taking her to a shelter or a rescue... (or keeping her), but that is me because I'm against outdoor cats, even if they seem well taken care of.

Dapper Werewolf

4,700 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Tipsy 100
I work in an emergency vets. Don't feed the cat, just leave it alone. It has an owner and will find its way home. The amount of people that pick up cats and bring them to us saying that they found them and thought they were strays. We commonly ask "did you pet or feed the cat?" "yes" well that's why its following you or keeps coming back to you..... Just ignore them and leave them alone. Only interact if it looks sickly or starving then be concerned.

Cluttered Cutesmasher

Don't feed it, you'll only encourage it to come back.
If you keep doing that it might want to move in, and I don't think its fair on the owner.
Keyona
I would end up taking her to a shelter or a rescue... (or keeping her), but that is me because I'm against outdoor cats, even if they seem well taken care of.

This. 3nodding

Sparkly Cat

12,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
Don't feed it. In addition to what the others said, you don't know if the cat could have any particular allergies and many people end up putting "do not feed" collars/tags on their cats because they become overweight as they keep getting fed by all sorts of people.

It's often in our nature to try and take care of things we consider vulnerable.
The Neon Paradox
Don't feed it, you'll only encourage it to come back.
If you keep doing that it might want to move in, and I don't think its fair on the owner.
If the owner can't be arsed to keep the cat on their property they shouldn't own it to begin with.

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
i would take it to a shelter. i hate seeing outdoor cats though

and if the cat has a food allergy then the owners should be keeping it inside to make sure it doesnt eat anything it may be allergic to

Fluffy Noob

I'm kind of against outdoor cats too, but so many people do it confused
Lots of outdoor cats around my area, since I live near campus and I guess people are trying to avoid that no pets allowed thing in apartments?
I'd never let my cat out tho, too scared of running away or getting killed...

anyway I haven't fed it (^__^)b

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces