Discuss:
How Elsie's smaller than you thought.
How your dogs photograph vs. real life.

Dangerous Lunatic

8,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Brandisher 100
My brother told me Payton looked fat in the pictures I took with him and Simon... He's not fat, he just has a big barrel chest that my other boys don't have, and if you're only looking from the front or seeing him curled up you can't see his little waist. Plus, he's extra fluffy from having just had a bath. crying

Anxious Werewolf

16,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • The Wolf Within 100
The deception is that Sally is a decent dog and not the trash princess she really is.
She lives to hunt down bugs in the house and to tear up cardboard and make a big mess.

Also she ends up looking small in photos and she is, but she's so bulky!
I wouldn't classify her as a small dog at all.
Ike looks sweet in photos.
Yeahno. He's a jerk.
He terrorizes the cats, steals things when you aren't looking, and enjoys shredding plastic bags if he finds one.
emotion_donotwant

Celestial Dog

I've only seen a couple photos of Elsie since I started frequenting this place but oh my god I thought she was SO MUCH BIGGER

Devoted Inquisitor

Payton Leeroy
My brother told me Payton looked fat in the pictures I took with him and Simon... He's not fat, he just has a big barrel chest that my other boys don't have, and if you're only looking from the front or seeing him curled up you can't see his little waist. Plus, he's extra fluffy from having just had a bath. crying

Lol d'aw--well compared to a baby puppy of course he looks chunky! He looks robust to me, I wouldn't call him fat.

Devoted Inquisitor

Flutter Fox
The deception is that Sally is a decent dog and not the trash princess she really is.
She lives to hunt down bugs in the house and to tear up cardboard and make a big mess.

Also she ends up looking small in photos and she is, but she's so bulky!
I wouldn't classify her as a small dog at all.

I always thought she was Zobby sized--she isn't?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Devoted Inquisitor

Aerobe
Ike looks sweet in photos.
Yeahno. He's a jerk.
He terrorizes the cats, steals things when you aren't looking, and enjoys shredding plastic bags if he finds one.
emotion_donotwant

Lol! That's Zoey.

Devoted Inquisitor

Q2k
I've only seen a couple photos of Elsie since I started frequenting this place but oh my god I thought she was SO MUCH BIGGER

lol Right?

Anxious Werewolf

16,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • The Wolf Within 100
Latrans

I always thought she was Zobby sized--she isn't?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Hmmm... I would say pretty close!
She's a bit longer I think though

(she's also super out of shape right now too. boo)
I know mal bitches tend to be pretty teensy (working line dobe bitches sometimes don't even get up to 50# until they're 2!) so I figured being a working breed and related rather closely to the mals, Elsie also being a Belgian would be teensy too. Sounds about right to me smile

Yesterday I met Creed and he was much smaller than I'd assumed he'd be! But also heavier! He's reportedly growing like a weed and just hit a growth spurt so he'll top out sooner rather than later. Slow down boy, don't damage your joints doing that!

Everyone thinks Mocha's a much bigger dog than she is. Most of my dobe folks assume she's 25ish inches... nope... 18. Shorty McShortshort. I think photos make her look larger than she really is.

Devoted Inquisitor

JaziSnake
I know mal bitches tend to be pretty teensy (working line dobe bitches sometimes don't even get up to 50# until they're 2!) so I figured being a working breed and related rather closely to the mals, Elsie also being a Belgian would be teensy too. Sounds about right to me smile

Yesterday I met Creed and he was much smaller than I'd assumed he'd be! But also heavier! He's reportedly growing like a weed and just hit a growth spurt so he'll top out sooner rather than later. Slow down boy, don't damage your joints doing that!

Everyone thinks Mocha's a much bigger dog than she is. Most of my dobe folks assume she's 25ish inches... nope... 18. Shorty McShortshort. I think photos make her look larger than she really is.

Well, Elsie's confo-bred, and she only weighs 36lbs! lol

If you're familiar with mals though she'd seem less teensy for sure.

How much does Creed weigh?
Latrans
Well, Elsie's confo-bred, and she only weighs 36lbs! lol

If you're familiar with mals though she'd seem less teensy for sure.

How much does Creed weigh?

Uhh. That's a good question. I'd been expecting 40lbs, but he's definitely under that or I wouldn't be able to lift him so easily. Lemme check...

27#. His largest sibling is 35. He was the smallest by only a few ounces but I'm okay with him being a little smaller smile Slow growers are better for their joints anyway.

I'm not really "familiar" with mals smile I've only met a few, but the mal people I know all have very teensy bitches so other belgian bitches being similarly teensy is not too strange to me. Dobes and GSDs are more "my" breeds.

Aged Girl

I thought this was a thread about doggy lingerie.
eek

Devoted Inquisitor

JaziSnake

Uhh. That's a good question. I'd been expecting 40lbs, but he's definitely under that or I wouldn't be able to lift him so easily. Lemme check...

27#. His largest sibling is 35. He was the smallest by only a few ounces but I'm okay with him being a little smaller smile Slow growers are better for their joints anyway.

I'm not really "familiar" with mals smile I've only met a few, but the mal people I know all have very teensy bitches so other belgian bitches being similarly teensy is not too strange to me. Dobes and GSDs are more "my" breeds.

How old are they? They're going to be huuuge.

Most terv bitches seem to be in the 45-55lb range. Elsie's tall though; 24" so she's light for her frame.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff