Welcome to Gaia! ::

Demonic Sex Symbol

17,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • OTP 200
So my aunt and my cousin left there puppy here with us because the place there at now doesn't accepts dogs and until they can find a place we are looking after the puppy. IDK how old he is, but I do know that he's not "that" young. He's a pound puppy so I understand that he would come with "possible" problems like this. However this dog is insanely annoying when it comes to this. If you leave the house for even a minute he wines and complains. I feel bad, but I'm not sure what to do to "control" the issue and since I'm leaving for California in a few weeks, I want to try and help out my grandparents and better control the dog since I'll be gone for a month. Do you guys have any solutions to try and control the whining? Least so its not a noise issue.

Player

it is possible that he has separation anxiety. perhaps it best to train him.

first you leave him a lone in a room for about 5 minutes.
come back and be very kind and welcoming, letting him know that you did not abandon him

then do it for longer periods of time and keep doing the same thing, so he can get use to it

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
try leaving some toys with him, or something he will be allowed to destroy. stowrm loves the cardboard cat scratcher in the window when im gone and i dont care because its made to be destroyed

Devoted Inquisitor

Look up Susan Garrett's crate games. Good luck!

Beloved Bunny

14,150 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Married 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
I-Iearts
So my aunt and my cousin left there puppy here with us because the place there at now doesn't accepts dogs and until they can find a place we are looking after the puppy. IDK how old he is, but I do know that he's not "that" young. He's a pound puppy so I understand that he would come with "possible" problems like this. However this dog is insanely annoying when it comes to this. If you leave the house for even a minute he wines and complains. I feel bad, but I'm not sure what to do to "control" the issue and since I'm leaving for California in a few weeks, I want to try and help out my grandparents and better control the dog since I'll be gone for a month. Do you guys have any solutions to try and control the whining? Least so its not a noise issue.

He is lonely. Separation anxiety. That is the short of it. He sounds like a people kind of dog.

I had a Pitt Bull that did this. Leave a big stuffed animal around, and leave the television on.

It's nearly impossible to break them of this. It's just his temperament.

Devoted Inquisitor

-Love Roleplaying-

I wouldn't throw in the towel yet. It is very possible to train a dog to be comfortable alone.

Beloved Bunny

14,150 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Married 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Latrans
-Love Roleplaying-

I wouldn't throw in the towel yet. It is very possible to train a dog to be comfortable alone.

If you didn't cut off my text and make me sound like an a**.... Maybe then you would understand what I was saying.

I said SEPARATION ANXIETY is pretty damn near impossible to break them out of. If you cna, it will take YEARS.

Please before you quote someone, don't cut off most of their statement. It only pisses them off, and makes you look like an a**.

Devoted Inquisitor

-Love Roleplaying-

If you didn't cut off my text and make me sound like an a**.... Maybe then you would understand what I was saying.

I said SEPARATION ANXIETY is pretty damn near impossible to break them out of. If you cna, it will take YEARS.

Please before you quote someone, don't cut off most of their statement. It only pisses them off, and makes you look like an a**.

I'm sorry; I did read your whole post, and would have responded the same whether I left the whole post there or not--I was cutting down to prevent the crazy quote tree thing from happening. I'm sorry that I upset so much--I had no idea that some people find trimming quotes upsetting. If I do it again to you (which I might, because I forget 'faces' online the first few times I talk to someone) please remind me that it bothers you--eventually I'll figure it out!

I don't think you can make the determination from the OP that their dog has separation anxiety of the kind extreme enough to be difficult to break. I don't want them to read your post and decide there's nothing they can do about it and give up. That would be a real shame!

Beloved Bunny

14,150 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Married 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Latrans
-Love Roleplaying-

I'm sorry; I did read your whole post, and would have responded the same whether I left the whole post there or not--I was cutting down to prevent the crazy quote tree thing from happening. I'm sorry that I upset so much--I had no idea that some people find trimming quotes upsetting. If I do it again to you (which I might, because I forget 'faces' online the first few times I talk to someone) please remind me that it bothers you--eventually I'll figure it out!

I don't think you can make the determination from the OP That their dog has separation anxiety of the kind extreme enough to be difficult to break. I don't want them to read your post and decide there's nothing they can do about it and give up. That would be a real shame!

No that takes time to realize. But it does sound like it. Which is hard to break. That's why I said leave a t.v. on, and a big stuffed animal. It'll help relieve the pup.

Devoted Inquisitor

-Love Roleplaying-

No that takes time to realize. But it does sound like it. Which is hard to break. That's why I said leave a t.v. on, and a big stuffed animal. It'll help relieve the pup.

And those are good solutions! I think sometimes when you've dealt with a problem, it's easier to see that problem when other people describe the issues they're having. I've luckily never had a dog with extreme separation anxiety, but I have had dogs that whine when you leave the room, so to me, what she described doesn't sound like separation anxiety, it just sounds like a dog in a new situation--which is a much less grim situation!

Eloquent Gawker

-Love Roleplaying-
Latrans
-Love Roleplaying-

But it TOTALLY doesn't make you look like an a** to flip out on someone for disagreeing with you, amirite?

Beloved Bunny

14,150 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Married 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Latrans
-Love Roleplaying-

And those are good solutions! I think sometimes when you've dealt with a problem, it's easier to see that problem when other people describe the issues they're having. I've luckily never had a dog with extreme separation anxiety, but I have had dogs that whine when you leave the room, so to me, what she described doesn't sound like separation anxiety, it just sounds like a dog in a new situation--which is a much less grim situation!

Thaknfully it is a much less grim situation. Molly had it badly, and would tear my curtains down. sweatdrop

Beloved Bunny

14,150 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Married 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Savage Destiny
-Love Roleplaying-
Latrans
-Love Roleplaying-

But it TOTALLY doesn't make you look like an a** to flip out on someone for disagreeing with you, amirite?
I did not flip out. If I flipped out it would not have been in public. And besides you are only assuming I am flipping out. You can't really tell what my tone is, or how I'm saying it through text.

Eloquent Gawker

-Love Roleplaying-
Savage Destiny
-Love Roleplaying-
Latrans
-Love Roleplaying-

I did not flip out. If I flipped out it would not have been in public. And besides you are only assuming I am flipping out. You can't really tell what my tone is, or how I'm saying it through text.

Yeah, cursing, name calling, and abusing caps lock is in no way indicative of tone. lol

Beloved Bunny

14,150 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Married 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Savage Destiny
-Love Roleplaying-
Savage Destiny
-Love Roleplaying-
Latrans
-Love Roleplaying-

Yeah, cursing, name calling, and abusing caps lock is in no way indicative of tone. lol

Well clearly you can't understand what I was trying to say. I was making a point, not flipping out. And I did not abuse caps lock, nor abuse cursing. I could have made the wording bold, but you would have said that was abusing that anyway. You clearly want to think I am flipping out, and nothing will change your mind.

And I did not do any sort of name calling. I said it made him look like an a**, not that he was an a**.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff