12,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
So I'm really worried about my lizard.
She's got this thing on her frill.
I don't know what it is...
But I'm worried it's fatal.
She's doing well other than the frill problem. She's a little aggressive, though. She hisses and s**t and runs around but she only bites me when she's in the feeding cage because I don't think she knows the difference. But never in the actual cage.
I wear gloves when I handle her in the feeding cage so it doesn't really matter but..
Anyway, can someone PLEASE put my mind at ease?
Pic
Taking her to the vet tomorrow but I'd like to get some sleep...
Is there a reptile vet nearby? If so, it may be best to take her there just in case. If it is nothing, you get peace of mind; if it is something, you can now make a decision on how to best deal with it. I hope it is nothing serious.

Malevolent Firestarter

12,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
misheru105
Is there a reptile vet nearby? If so, it may be best to take her there just in case. If it is nothing, you get peace of mind; if it is something, you can now make a decision on how to best deal with it. I hope it is nothing serious.
Yeah, I'm taking her there today but I was hoping to get some info before I went to put my mind at ease ):
It looks like fungus. I think the vet is your best bet. I hope everything is ok and it's easily curable. Give us updates. She's beautiful!

Malevolent Firestarter

12,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Shana OHara
It looks like fungus. I think the vet is your best bet. I hope everything is ok and it's easily curable. Give us updates. She's beautiful!

I went to the vet
She was fairly cheap surprisingly! Last time I took my cats to the vet it was $200 but the lizard was only $86 with checkup and meds.
They said they think they it's fungal, so they gave me some stuff I think it's called Silver Sulfadiazine
She's doing mostly well other than that. She's a little dehydrated, and a little weak in the leg muscles but she says vitamin supplements should help with that, which luckily I just got. I had not been giving them to her at first.
So she wants me to put a thin layer on her fungus and peel it off when it starts flaking off.
She pulled part of it off in the vet and it was kind of alarming.
Of course, Khaleesi the ever pissy, decided she would behave in the vet's office and made a complete liar out of me. It was cold though, and the office was cold, so she was a little subdued.
She also ended up having a retained shed so I am supposed to soak her twice a day.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff