Welcome to Gaia! ::

Malevolent Firestarter

12,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Generally I give my lizard halved roaches, recently, because they're pretty big.
Today I think she got too excited. I put two halved roaches (four roach pieces) into her bowl and she went for it and started eating and then I noticed she was chewing forever and then opening her mouth.
So I thought maybe it was just stuck in her mouth.
But I took her out and she was already hissing and flaring at me because I picked her up, so her mouth was open.
I took a pair of hemostats and pulled the mass out, thinking maybe it was just stuck but it was actually a lot bigger.
I threw it away but now I'm worried she didn't get much food...
There's still a roach butt in there, but I don't know if she's going to go for it.
And do you think it was harmful for me to pull the roach out? Part of it was in her throat.
I know it's not as easy for them to choke to death because their larynx isn't in their throat but I still worried.
I didn't yank it out, or anything, I did it slowly, and then put her back in and she stared at me with rage for ten minutes.
edit
she ate the roach butt

6,750 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
***I do not have any reptiles.

I think you were just being a concerned parent, as I consider my pets my children.

Invisible Assailant

12,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Mark Twain 100
This isn't helpful, but I giggled SO HARD at "she ate the roach butt".

Shy Dragon

24,065 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
i would keep a very close eye on her fora while, maybe give her something small as a snack if you are worried about her eating. and if she isn't bleeding or acting odd i wouldn't worry to much. you were just worried about her. i have a beardie btw. well my hubby does. he used to be mine, but having him made me realize i am a snake person. sorry started going off on a tangent.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff