Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,850 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
I heard some states legislate how many pets you can have, but I'm having trouble tracking down my state's word on the matter.

I'm not asking this because I plan on take on more pets... goodness no! Two + the three I'm fostering (until they find good "forever homes" wink are ENOUGH as it is! But, I know there are people in my area who refuse to spay and neuter and don't seek assistance for the care of their animals. neutral

Familiar Poster

5,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
I think pet limits are silly anyway- there is no magical number of how many pets one can manage, it all has to do with the individual. Some people have trouble taking care of just one cat properly, others can take care of five and be fine. They should rather target people who let their animals breed recklessly without a care, who let their animals (especially cats) roam off their property, etc.

If you go to your city's website, there should be a link on the ordinances they have, and under that they should have a section for animal-related ordinances.
You can find your state's animal legislation by searching up, "idaho state animal legislation" or whatever state you live in, into a search engine.

You'd be surprised at how lenient some areas are. My city, for example, allows you to own chickens as long as they aren't free range. Pretty cool stuff.

6,850 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
Thank you Moth. Both my mother and I think a pet limit is silly too and that signs of irresponsibility or too little resources should be the say rather than the number of pets. till, we are a small number of pets people. neutral

Devoted Inquisitor

Rather than simply limiting the number of pets a person can own, I think it would be better to enforce laws/enact laws which actually impact the welfare of the animals.

So, clean housing/bedding/water/food and so on.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff