Welcome to Gaia! ::

Heart Hunter

Okay.
I have field cricket hatchlings (like.. a day old) and adults right now and...
(they're so cute~!)
I just found a female house cricket.
Can I put the house cricket in the same container with them?
I don't want the babies to get eaten or hurt... same with the adults.
I'm probably worrying too much about it.. but I'm pretty much in love with the baby crickets.. so... yeah. emotion_sweatdrop

Heart Hunter

:/ The house cricket seems to be sick... she isn't responding much to anything.... emo

Hygienic Informer

Cupcake Says:

I must say this thread really piqued my interest! I didn't know Crickets could be pets! biggrin Do you have pictures of them?

Heart Hunter

LesserFab Cupcake
Cupcake Says:

I must say this thread really piqued my interest! I didn't know Crickets could be pets! biggrin Do you have pictures of them?

Yes! You absolutely can, but they're not like a regular pet, you can't really play with them and stuff... but they do make a great alarm clock. (they're very noisy creatures!!)
Field crickets are very common on the ground and in dark places and under things in your yard, so you don't really have to buy them from a store.
If you want them year around you have to get house crickets because they lack a dormancy period during winter.
Crickets, in general, are easy to take care of because they pretty much eat anything, and if you ever get tired of them you can always release them outside.
So far, I prefer them over any other insect, because they're very hardy creatures and don't have a lot of specific needs or food requirements.

I don't have any pictures right now, I'll PM them when I have some if you want~

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces