Welcome to Gaia! ::

In a surprising turn of events there was a drastic family emergency that has cancelled my move and subsequently my dog training job. To say that I am devastated would be an understatement. And this is coming off of news that #1 because I was preparing for this move I have missed the opportunity for a puppy from parents I actually like... again, #2 my bike is totalled from an accident I had two years ago and that's why it's never felt like the same bike after so I need to buy a new one, #3 both of my grandparents are dying from aggressive cancers. Thank you life, thank you so much for all of this crap. Still waiting to see if my "old" job will have mercy and rehire me.

I did, however, just get a training gig for someone. Apparently they heard down the grapevine that I do pet obedience for those who are desperate and too cheap poor to pay a professional trainer, and they have a 12wk old puppy exhibiting 12wk old puppy problems. Like, you know, nipping, peeing in the house, being a crazy puppy. I start tomorrow.

Maybe this is the break I needed this week. God, I hope so.

Devoted Inquisitor

*hugs*

Good luck!
User Image

User Image

Her name is Addie and she is cute as a button!

Typical 12wk puppy problems. Pees on the floor. Chews stuff in the house. Nips the kids. Is hyper. Pulls on leash. Chases the cat. She actually has a very firm foundation with obedience, she just needs consistency and she needs structure. She does most basic obedience very well considering her age... she's a smart one, this gal! She can break out of the crate too... oops. We've got some solutions for that. We learned some crate games, some calming techniques, and we taught the kids appropriate play and training with the puppy.

Since I am no longer moving, I thought it'd be alright to take a long-term client. It won't cure my puppy fever but it'll help.

The rescue said that they picked up pregnant houndy-looking mama and a bunch of fluffy black puppies came out. Possible lab/golden, a vet said lab/cocker and then later said flatcoat mix. I think she is more likely lab/golden influence muttymutt type biggrin But an absolute doll otherwise.

Devoted Inquisitor

She's very cute! What a sweet face.

I'm loling at the idea of a 12 week old puppy having 'problems' though. She's a baby! emotion_kirakira

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
Latrans

I'm loling at the idea of a 12 week old puppy having 'problems' though. She's a baby! emotion_kirakira

puppies ARE problems, horrible adorable problems talk2hand

she is adorable and im sure she will be easy to train. just look at that cute fluffy face 4laugh

Devoted Inquisitor

Shanna66

puppies ARE problems, horrible adorable problems talk2hand

she is adorable and im sure she will be easy to train. just look at that cute fluffy face 4laugh

Naw, puppies are work, not problems.
Latrans

Exactly! That's what I kept telling her owner- this is all very normal puppy stuff. I kept reiterating, she's a toddler, she's a baby, she doesn't know the rules of the house but she'll get there with time and patience. Just don't expect her to be mature and not-crazy overnight.

They're not really a fan of zoomies but instead of squashing her energy I gave them ways to encourage healthy play and gave them that ball there which she had a grand time with. I think she will do okay with structure and consistency. She already knows the basic pet obedience stuff... sit, down, stay, etc. They are working on drop it and leave it. Fairly good in the house but needs obvious distraction work. But still, very very good especially for only having had her for four weeks.

Devoted Inquisitor

JaziSnake
Latrans

Exactly! That's what I kept telling her owner- this is all very normal puppy stuff. I kept reiterating, she's a toddler, she's a baby, she doesn't know the rules of the house but she'll get there with time and patience. Just don't expect her to be mature and not-crazy overnight.

They're not really a fan of zoomies but instead of squashing her energy I gave them ways to encourage healthy play and gave them that ball there which she had a grand time with. I think she will do okay with structure and consistency. She already knows the basic pet obedience stuff... sit, down, stay, etc. They are working on drop it and leave it. Fairly good in the house but needs obvious distraction work. But still, very very good especially for only having had her for four weeks.

12 week old puppies know nothing. They are baby monsters. lol Anyone who expects differently is delusional.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff