Welcome to Gaia! ::

Moth Feathers
CannibaICorpse
Cause it's wrong.
Animals have their own life to live, they weren't put on earth to be lab experiments.
They don't want to be locked up in a cage waiting to await their fate.
They KNOW they don't belong there, and that they belong in the wild, or in a loving home where there's people that actually give them their wants and needs. Animal testing is wrong in many ways. It's torture.

First- Because it's wrong? It is no more wrong than keeping captive animals as pets and for food and clothing. If you don't mind owning pets, you should have no objection to animal testing.

Second- Animals were not put on the earth to be our captives, either. They should have their own life to live outside of being our playthings!

Third- How do you know the wants of these animals? To my knowledge, as long as an animal is receiving adequate care and its needs are being taken care of, they're as happy as a clam, whether it be mammals, birds, reptiles, anything. Animals in modern testing facilities ARE being taken care of- in fact, their care vastly surpasses that of most animals in captivity.

Fourth- How do these animals 'know they don't belong there'? Animals used for testing are almost always bred in the lab specifically for lab purposes. They know no other life- so I'm not sure how they could 'know' they don't belong there. How do I know I don't belong in Indiana but rather out in Antarctica, if I've never been there?

Fifth- Lab animals are given their wants and needs. A climate-controlled facility with a balanced ration, clean enclosure, and 24/7 medical care. Also, lab animals are very domesticated and would die out in the wild, and they're better taken care of than most pets. You don't want to see the abusive conditions most people keep small rodents as pets in.

Sixth- How is it torture?

I never said ALL animals are kept captive.
And pets are kept captive because they depend on us for survival.
Dogs and cats don't get fed, played with, and love in the wild.
And no, animal testing facilities do not give them the care they need.
They don't care about animals, or figuring out new things, all they care about is making money.
They treat the animals like they're nothing, beat them, throw them around, and use unnecessary means of getting rid of animals that they don't need. It's torture because you're putting toxins into these creatures. And testing on animals for humans is wrong as well. What if the testing goes wrong? They just throw the animal out like its a piece of garbage.
These are the horrible results of abusive animal testing.
[x]
[x]
[x]
Animals have feelings too.
[x]

8,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
CannibaICorpse
Moth Feathers
CannibaICorpse
Cause it's wrong.
Animals have their own life to live, they weren't put on earth to be lab experiments.
They KNOW they don't belong there, and that they belong in the wild, or in a loving home where there's people that actually give them their wants and needs. Animal testing is wrong in many ways. It's torture.

First- Because it's wrong? It is no more wrong than keeping captive animals as pets and for food and clothing. If you don't mind owning pets, you should have no objection to animal testing.

Second- Animals were not put on the earth to be our captives, either. They should have their own life to live outside of being our playthings!

Third- How do you know the wants of these animals? To my knowledge, as long as an animal is receiving adequate care and its needs are being taken care of, they're as happy as a clam, whether it be mammals, birds, reptiles, anything. Animals in modern testing facilities ARE being taken care of- in fact, their care vastly surpasses that of most animals in captivity.

Fourth- How do these animals 'know they don't belong there'? Animals used for testing are almost always bred in the lab specifically for lab purposes. They know no other life- so I'm not sure how they could 'know' they don't belong there. How do I know I don't belong in Indiana but rather out in Antarctica, if I've never been there?

Fifth- Lab animals are given their wants and needs. A climate-controlled facility with a balanced ration, clean enclosure, and 24/7 medical care. Also, lab animals are very domesticated and would die out in the wild, and they're better taken care of than most pets. You don't want to see the abusive conditions most people keep small rodents as pets in.

They don't care about animals, or figuring out new things, all they care about is making money.
They treat the animals like they're nothing, beat them, throw them around, and use unnecessary means of getting rid of animals that they don't need. It's torture because you're putting toxins into these creatures. And testing on animals for humans is wrong as well. What if the testing goes wrong? They just throw the animal out like its a piece of garbage.

WTF.... I'm having a hard time not cracking up right now with reading this.

you didn't really answer the other questions and I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to know where you are gettting your information from... I think you have been reading to much PETA bullshit that they produce.

They don't abuse animals... if you are testing a medication on an animal it needs to be at its peak to make sure the testing is correct... and how do they kill their animals they don't need any more? they gas them... hell am I a bad pet owner because how I put Warrick down was taking him to the vet to be gassed? HELL how do you think they mass kill the f/t rodents?

and they can't just "throw" an animal into the garbage, they have to put it in hazardous waste and i'm pretty sure many of them get basically cremated.
Mistress of Rain
CannibaICorpse
Moth Feathers
CannibaICorpse
Cause it's wrong.

you didn't really answer the other questions and I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to know where you are gettting your information from... I think you have been reading to much PETA bullshit that they produce.

They don't abuse animals... if you are testing a medication on an animal it needs to be at its peak to make sure the testing is correct... and how do they kill their animals they don't need any more? they gas them... hell am I a bad pet owner because how I put Warrick down was taking him to the vet to be gassed? HELL how do you think they mass kill the f/t rodents?

and they can't just "throw" an animal into the garbage, they have to put it in hazardous waste and i'm pretty sure many of them get basically cremated.

No.
Don't you ever say that Peta produces s**t.
You obviously don't care about an animal's rights.
I think we should rather be tested on than animals.
We've taken away animal's rights, consume them, and treat them like worthless trash.
I would gladly take a bullet for an animal.

8,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
CannibaICorpse
[x]
[x]
[x]
[x]

I would like to point out all the pictures you posted are from websites that I probably wouldn't trust... so how many of them are staged... or were taken as an animal in an abusive situation/black market type of things and then had their titles changed to say it is animal research?

Also medical research isn't pretty, but if it means that someone in the world wont have to suffer or die at a young age because they found the cure or a suppressant for some childhood illness or some form of cancer.... or some stupid virus isn't that worth a couple of lives? Or are you like SANII that wouldn't give anything for a loved one?
Mistress of Rain
CannibaICorpse
[x]
[x]
[x]
[x]

I would like to point out all the pictures you posted are from websites that I probably wouldn't trust... so how many of them are staged... or were taken as an animal in an abusive situation/black market type of things and then had their titles changed to say it is animal research?

Also medical research isn't pretty, but if it means that someone in the world wont have to suffer or die at a young age because they found the cure or a suppressant for some childhood illness or some form of cancer.... or some stupid virus isn't that worth a couple of lives? Or are you like SANII that wouldn't give anything for a loved one?

But I still don't understand why.
Why must it be an animal?!
They do not like being pricked with needles full of s**t they don't need.
CannibaICorpse

No.
We've taken away animal's rights, consume them, and treat them like worthless trash.

Find some current photos, and also PROVE that the photos are from animal testing facilities, not something from the 70s/80s. You merely linked to Photos that could be just animals that were actually abused and thrown out.

So who wants to take a wack at the PETA Troll? Hey, Where's Eizoryu when you need her?

9,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200
Morphine Kiss
So who wants to take a wack at the PETA Troll? Hey, Where's Eizoryu when you need her?

~~

I'd love to, but I'm laughing too hard. xD

~~
I'm sick of you guys.
Vegeta_Lover239
Morphine Kiss

~~

~~
Exactly! Ha!

I wonder if she realizes PETA Kills more animals than Labs ever will.

Familiar Poster

5,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
CannibaICorpse
Moth Feathers
CannibaICorpse
Cause it's wrong.

And why do pets depend on us for survival? Because over generations we have selectively bred and domesticated them to have traits that we like that, rather than traits that help them survive in the wild. If we wouldn't have domesticated them they wouldn't need us.
Plus, some pets ARE able to survive in the wild quite fine. Many invertebrate pets (tarantulas, praying mantises, and others), many reptiles, and many fish are able to survive fine when released to the wild (not that they should, of course, but they can manage). Cats, for the most part, are also able to survive out in the wild. So can mice and rats, for the most part.

Dogs and cats don't exist in the wild, there exists no native, non-introduced dog or cat, nor does any truly 'wild' dog or cat exist (only ferals). There are relatives to domesticated dogs and cats that are wild, but that's it.

Animal testing facilities usually make extremely little money- actually, they probably lose some. They are usually an extension of a university or college and survive solely on money the university or college makes- which is usually from government grants. Animal testing facilities try to make more advancements in science via doing research and experiments, and unfortunately it often does not pay off much other than new knowledge gained.

May you please give me a nonbiased (read: no PETA or other extremist organization) source that these lab animals are 'treated like nothing'? And no, they aren't beaten or thrown around, unless you are believing PETA propaganda.

Also, you must have an extremely small knowledge of animal testing if you believe animal testing means putting toxins into animals. =/ Please. Animal testing is any experimentation using animals, which can be as simple as figuring out the nutritional requirements of a particular species or seeing how they evolve over several generations. You can even do your own animal testing at home- get a colony of mealworms, test what substrate they do best on. Or go out birdwatching and record the songs you hear and then see whether the frequency of a particular specie's birdsong is altered during seasonal change.

Like Rain commented, they don't throw them into the garbage, they are cremated, same like what is done for many pets.
As far as throwing them out /like/ they're garbage...how does one throw something out like it's garbage? They don't fling it around, if that's what you mean. The animal is placed in a biohazard bag. Not able to really elaborate much more on that...there's only so many ways you can place a deceased animal in a container.

8,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
CannibaICorpse
Mistress of Rain
CannibaICorpse
Moth Feathers
CannibaICorpse
Cause it's wrong.

No.

eek you're a PETA nut.... and you own animals...you were wool clothing....i'm going to guess you take medicine too.... so your just as big of a hypocrite as them... OMG I wish I didn't have to go to work...

And yes... yes I will say they speak out of their a** and just produce bullshit... because guess what it is what they do... you poor blind soul.

As for animal rights... yeah I don't really care two shits about animals rights. They have a right to live in a proper environment if they are livestock or a domesticated animal, they have the right to be part of the food chain, just as humans are part of the food chain, so thus i will eat them... and if a carnivore is so lucky to find me out in the wilderness they have the right to eat me...and i like any other prey have a right to try and save my life. My animals are born witha right to breed.... but ******** that if I'm actually going to let them. Wild animals have the right to live free, to be part of the food chain. I am not an animal rights terrorist

. I am an animal welfair activist as are most people in this forum.

Familiar Poster

5,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
CannibaICorpse
Mistress of Rain
CannibaICorpse
[x]
[x]
[x]
[x]

But I still don't understand why.
Why must it be an animal?!
They do not like being pricked with needles full of s**t they don't need.

They aren't pricked with needles?

Thy needs to look at a scientific journal one day. You'll probably learn many, many things.

8,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
Morphine Kiss
Vegeta_Lover239
Morphine Kiss

~~

~~
Exactly! Ha!

I wonder if she realizes PETA Kills more animals than Labs ever will.

I really wish i didn't have to go to work... I feel like s**t though so I may be able to come home early. (or just stick out the 5 hours.)

ButI took a swing... but yeah I'm sitting here laughing too. Is it wrong to be laughing so hard.... or getting a kick out of people like this?

8,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
CannibaICorpse
I'm sick of you guys.

why because we know the truth?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash