8,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
Morphine Kiss
S A N l l
Morphine Kiss
S A N l l
beacauuuuusee animals are tortured in the process? would you sacrifice a man to save 2 other men?

I would sacrifice 1000 rats to cure my Mother's Cancer

I would sacrifice 100 dogs, 100 cats, to cure my Mother's Cancer

I would sacrifice Dolphins, Monkeys, Sharks, to cure my Mother's Cancer

I would sacrifice unborn, aborted, fetuses, to cure my Mother's Cancer

Would I sacrifice another person to cure my Mother's Cancer? Would You watch someone you hold dear to you, suffer from one of the most painful terminal illnesses there are?

Hell no I wouldn't sacrifice a person for a loved one. User Image
Cancer is one of the few diseases helping with our population. I would hate it if a cure was found.

You say that now, but wait until you find yourself in the shoes of someone with cancer, or someone who's going through watching it. Maybe you don't have somebody you love in your life. Maybe you'll never get married and see a spouse suffer. Maybe you don't have parents. Or maybe you just don't feel the strength of what love is. You must be very young and naive.

But I don't think you realize we have our own population control.

Disease, Genocide, Murder, Accidents, War, Abortion, Suicide, Hunger, etc;.

Cancer only stands for 22.5% of deaths in the United States.

imagine if a cure were found, we'd no longer be throwing billions of dollars into finding a damn cure. Those billions of dollars could be fixing the ******** up money problem in the world.

We're not over populated by any means, either. So finding a cure for cancer tomorrow wouldn't mean that the next baby boom causes everyone to be screwed over and be over populated.

Every day I think of my Mother suffering, is another day i'll be willing to sacrifice for my Mother. I was willing to donate -anything- out of my body for my Mother---if it had meant it would extend her life. But when they said the cancer was too far progressed, I just have to wish and wish every day.

*hug*

Though I do beleive the world is over populated, I have to look at it in a bigger picture/scientist view and say ******** it and not care about how many humans there are. For in the earth's timeline another mass extinction is due, and the weather cycle and things are pointing to it. It is nature... Earth will tell us when we are to overpopulated and have out lived out time.... just like she did too the dinos to let the mammals and birds compete for this current set up.

I know the feeling. I would of given anyting to have my Grandmother (the one I called Mother) to be just in the next room or to have my father sitting playing a game with me. Cancer sucks, and when a cure is found it will be a bitter/sweet day.

Familiar Poster

5,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
Vegeta_Lover239
~~

Ignore the troll/ignorant kid, Morphine. *huggies* :c
(She's also being a troll/ignorant kid in a thread about a betta care guild. >B/)
~~

-sigh- I can certainly attest to that, unfortunately (about her being a troll in the betta care thing).
Mistress of Rain

*hug*

Though I do beleive the world is over populated, I have to look at it in a bigger picture/scientist view and say ******** it and not care about how many humans there are. For in the earth's timeline another mass extinction is due, and the weather cycle and things are pointing to it. It is nature... Earth will tell us when we are to overpopulated and have out lived out time.... just like she did too the dinos to let the mammals and birds compete for this current set up.

I know the feeling. I would of given anyting to have my Grandmother (the one I called Mother) to be just in the next room or to have my father sitting playing a game with me. Cancer sucks, and when a cure is found it will be a bitter/sweet day.

I think for the most part, I almost believe man will be it's own end. Not because religiously as some people believe so but, the things we've done to ourselves. xD We're really an awful race. I was just watching Battlefield L.A., and the aliens were you know invading our planet for our water. We of course were killing them--but I know that humans would do the same thing. Hell, we've done it to our own kind. xD

But yeah, I really believe a cancer cure is close. And I thank all the lives given for it, the scientists who dedicated their lives, and the people who've been willing to take on the experimental processes. I believe some people don't understand how serious this can really be. I think some won't understand how serious it is until something happens to them. I know I didn't, even when I was young when my Gram passed, it didn't truly hit me like it has now.

If we didn't have animal testing we wouldn't have vaccines for ourselves. We'd still be in the dark ages, suffering from the bubonic plague for god's sake. Talk about population control. xD

8,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
Morphine Kiss
Mistress of Rain

*hug*

I think for the most part, I almost believe man will be it's own end. Not because religiously as some people believe so but, the things we've done to ourselves. xD We're really an awful race. I was just watching Battlefield L.A., and the aliens were you know invading our planet for our water. We of course were killing them--but I know that humans would do the same thing. Hell, we've done it to our own kind. xD

But yeah, I really believe a cancer cure is close. And I thank all the lives given for it, the scientists who dedicated their lives, and the people who've been willing to take on the experimental processes. I believe some people don't understand how serious this can really be. I think some won't understand how serious it is until something happens to them. I know I didn't, even when I was young when my Gram passed, it didn't truly hit me like it has now.

If we didn't have animal testing we wouldn't have vaccines for ourselves. We'd still be in the dark ages, suffering from the bubonic plague for god's sake. Talk about population control. xD

that was lovely population control... thank you rat fleas!

"bring out yer dead!"--yay monty python!

Aged Hunter

Morphine Kiss
Shearaha
Research labs are secretive. If it's a secret, then they must be doing bad things right?
Really the issue is that PETA and groups like it have spread tons of misinformation, outdated misinformation and have run successful smear campaigns. They've been so successful that research labs and the people who work in them are afraid to speak up about what really happens because it's immediately taken and twisted by PETA and similar groups. Research staff from the PI's to the janitors to the office staff are afraid to tell people what they do for a living. Heck in my orientation I was told specifically not to tell strangers where I work. 20 years ago it wasn't uncommon for people who worked in research to have to move on a regular basis because of groups like ALF.

I work in medical research. I'm not afraid to say it, because being afraid is what opponents want me to be. What I do is not pretty, it's not clean and it tests my morals on a regular basis. But I continue to do what I do because I don't know if the next person hired to do my job will approach it with the same care. My job is to be an advocate for the animals in the facility I work at. Sometimes that includes doing things I would rather not because I'm competent will take care of the handling of the animal and I don't know that someone else would take that same care.

I'm also not afraid to answer questions so long as they don't compromise my safety or my employers safety. I also have to take care not to reveal projects in the works. But I can openly talk about animal care, housing and standard procedures.

Just out of curiosity, what tests your morals exactly? And what is tested on?

I assume things must be done humanely now in any research facility that is legal and supervised by some organization such as the USDA.

My morals are primarily tested because I can't tell people what idiots they're being until they actually damage something. I would much prefer to be able to correct them before, but the egos and money involved just mean that unless I have enough evidence to support my side then I just get in trouble and could possible loose my job. I hate that sometime I have to stand back and watch suffering just because of how much money an individual is bringing in with their research. I have to build my case or it gets swept under the rug. The head of our facility doesn't want to know when things aren't running smoothly, so if I want to change something or if I know someone isn't doing things right it will sometimes take me months to get enough evidence together for something to actually happen.

Research is done as humanly as possible here in the US. One of the biggest issues at my facility is investigators from areas like China, Japan, Korea and India where animals simply are not valued the same way they are here. These investigators don't want to use pain meds because they didn't back where they came from. And then there's also the language barrier.
I don't know a lot about animal testing, but if it would have saved my grandmothers, ******** yes I would stand by and watch it progress. I wouldn't care how many rodents it took. Wouldn't care how many monkeys, horses, chickens, what the hell ever. If it could have given extended lives to either one or both of my grandmothers, I'd sit right here and say "Yes" no matter what the little PeTA shits say. I do anyway, but that's beside the point.

Both my grandmothers were born before WWII, lived through it, and fell to cancer from (the families suspect) the fallout from Hiroshima and Nagasaki, passing before I was born. If they were still here, I would give any pet I owned to find a cure. Hell, if they can find a cure for freakin' Hep C, that's fine with me, too. Dad was diagnosed with that. I may not much like my dad, but he's still my dad. I don't want him developing liver cancer or even liver cirrhosis.

I didn't know my grandmothers, but I wish I had. I can't say I know precisely where Morphine is coming from, but it's pretty ********' close. (Somewhat related/on a lighter note: I burned the s**t out of a friend by mentioning my grandmothers' cause of death after he was carrying on about Japan and/or nukes and/or cancer from fallout or something. His face/reaction was priceless.)

I originally clicked to say something about why people shouldn't liken it to the Holocaust. >> Not only is that super-insensitive to the Jews, Gypsies, homosexuals, and all the other people that were tested on and all that, it also holds no water. Victims of the Holocaust were not treated well at all. These animals are. The Holocaust is not an event to throw around lightly. >> Especially not over mice and rats. What would a Holocaust survivor's reaction be if they were told that their situation was like that of the mice and rats and other animals in today's testing environments? I would think they'd either be rather pissed, or not care.

Kairo hazuna's Waifu

Tiny Animal

Shearaha
[♫=♥]

I'm afraid that anti-animal testing campaigns will affect the opportunity to find new diseases, but have they or did it just create a more secretive research?

Familiar Poster

5,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
Since I've seen several examples of this mentality within the thread, I am obliged to say:

It seems completely silly, to the point of almost being ignorant, that people continue to have the viewpoint of, "Oh, we're overpopulated anyway, just let the people die!", and then somehow use this to support their idea that we don't need to test on animals for life-saving medical treatments.

Guess what? The carrying capacity of the Earth is NOT some arbitrary number. There is no "oh, at 10 billion people you're overpopulated" or "at 6 billion people you're overpopulated."
Sorry, it doesn't work like that,
What determines the carrying capacity of Earth (and, furthermore, what makes us 'overpopulated' or not) is consumerism, not a number. The problems linked to the nonexistent 'overpopulation' problem are direct results of wasteful use of resources, NOT because we magically have 'too many people'.

If everyone on Earth consumed like the average American does, we would need five Earths to supply us with what we need. And that there lies the problem- consumerism. We consume too many resources, buy too much stuff we don't need. If everyone used resources wisely, we might be able to support ten billion people on here without scarcely making a mark on our planet. If we continue to be wasteful little buggers, our 'overpopulation' could be only one billion people. What determines so-called 'overpopulation' is our resource use.

Instead of saying, "Oh, just let the people die!", which sounds cool and all until it's YOUR loved one that is about to die, perhaps people should use their resources more wisely. Maybe you /don't/ need fifty pairs of shoes or three gas-guzzling cars, or need to waste all those precious gallons of water on your stupid lawn (which btw consumes more water than corn), or need to get a brand new phone or computer every single year because your old one is 'outdated'.
Funny how people get on about large families, such as the Duggars with their twenty kids, and how they contribute so much to overpopulation...when they don't. Your spoiled teenager and family living in suburbia likely consumes resources many times over than what the Duggars do. The Duggars go shoe-shopping once a year and buy nearly all of their clothing second-hand, versus spoiled teenager-in-suburbia who shops in overpriced department stores as a recreational activity done multiple times a week.

Just food for thought. There is absolutely no reason to ramble on about fixing the (supposed) overpopulation problem via senselessly letting people die. More than likely, it's YOU that's the problem.

Kairo hazuna's Waifu

Tiny Animal

Eizoryu
[♫=♥]

The Holocaust victims would probably feel very insulted if they were compared to animals because they were mistreated during the Holocaust because Nazis view them as inhuman/animals, yes? So if they were to compare them with animals that would only be supporting the views of Hitler?
I don't want to go too far with the Holocaust thing. I wouldn't use it to support my stance of the debate as it holds no reasonable point.

Aged Hunter

Jiti
Shearaha
[♫=♥]

I'm afraid that anti-animal testing campaigns will affect the opportunity to find new diseases, but have they or did it just create a more secretive research?

I don't think they've stopped any new research, or ongoing research. But they have achieved their goal of making most of the people who work in research afraid. And just driven it underground.

Most people don't realize that major hospitals all have research facilities. Almost all medical schools have research facilities too. Then of course there's pet food companies.
Morphine Kiss
S A N l l
Morphine Kiss
S A N l l
beacauuuuusee animals are tortured in the process? would you sacrifice a man to save 2 other men?

Would I sacrifice another person to cure my Mother's Cancer? Would You watch someone you hold dear to you, suffer from one of the most painful terminal illnesses there are?

Cancer is one of the few diseases helping with our population. I would hate it if a cure was found.

You say that now, but wait until you find yourself in the shoes of someone with cancer, or someone who's going through watching it. Maybe you don't have somebody you love in your life. Maybe you'll never get married and see a spouse suffer. Maybe you don't have parents. Or maybe you just don't feel the strength of what love is. You must be very young and naive.

imagine if a cure were found, we'd no longer be throwing billions of dollars into finding a damn cure. Those billions of dollars could be fixing the ******** up money problem in the world.

We're not over populated by any means, either. So finding a cure for cancer tomorrow wouldn't mean that the next baby boom causes everyone to be screwed over and be over populated.

Every day I think of my Mother suffering, is another day i'll be willing to sacrifice for my Mother. I was willing to donate -anything- out of my body for my Mother---if it had meant it would extend her life. But when they said the cancer was too far progressed, I just have to wish and wish every day.

sorry about your mother and im not trying to say anything mean about people who suffer or are suffering becuaes of cancer for i know what your going threw but you are wrong on one thing. the world is WAY over populated Beleive it or not take away preservatives take away artifical light, take away freezers and growth hormone, take away everything that speeds up and hightenes the progression of growth, and the world would not be able to support 90% of its population, if you where to depend on only ancient power ( sun) you could maybe, MAYBE feed 1billion people, seeing as we are pushing 7billion i think we should go asian and you have to have a permit to have children and that untill you have that permit you should be tied shut

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
Morphine Kiss
S A N l l
Morphine Kiss
S A N l l

*hug* ignore the posts of someone who clearly has never experienced much in life.

i would sacrifice human lives if it would have saved my mother from cancer, and im sure if i ever get cancer ill probably want tons of research done so i dont die from it too

and if my cat gets cancer i wont mind if a hundred cats ive never met die so that he can live

i cant put a strangers life above the lives of those i love

Familiar Poster

5,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
MajorLoserKidz
Morphine Kiss
S A N l l
Morphine Kiss
S A N l l

sorry about your mother and im not trying to say anything mean about people who suffer or are suffering becuaes of cancer for i know what your going threw but you are wrong on one thing. the world is WAY over populated Beleive it or not take away preservatives take away artifical light, take away freezers and growth hormone, take away everything that speeds up and hightenes the progression of growth, and the world would not be able to support 90% of its population, if you where to depend on only ancient power ( sun) you could maybe, MAYBE feed 1billion people, seeing as we are pushing 7billion i think we should go asian and you have to have a permit to have children and that untill you have that permit you should be tied shut

It wouldn't be a bad idea for you to read my post a couple posts above this. Just saying. =)
MajorLoserKidz
Morphine Kiss
S A N l l
Morphine Kiss
S A N l l

Prove it.

Devoted Bookworm

16,250 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Nancy Explosion
I don't like cosmetic testing. I really don't. There are alternatives they can use to make sure the eyeliners and shadows I put on my face are safe. In fact, I try to only buy from cosmetic companies that don't test. Leaping Bunny sent me a brochure that I carry in my purse when I shop.

As for medical testing, I agree it HAS to be done.
Insulin is a BIG example of this.
Honestly, PETA has to have a huge impact on how people think on this. Most of them won't do their own research or bother to take in another opinion once they hear PETA's. I'm almost absolutely sure any credible medical research facility will take the best care possible while these animals are under them. Even if the test can be harsh....

I'm no expert on the medical side or the cosmetic side. Just have done more research on the cosmetic testing.

If they don't test it means that they're using the research of someone else who does test. If they just randomly put out something with no testing at all it'd be irresponsible and represent a serious health risk.

If you use cosmetics, you're supporting animal testing one way or the other is the way I figure it. Either the company you're buying from does it, or they're paying for the research of a different company that does do it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff