Welcome to Gaia! ::

Naya Merai
Vingilote
I take it with a grain of salt. I suspect that most people are just joking, or playing along in the spirit of the "battle" (notice that the forum name contains the word "battle" ).

If they are genuinely hating on cats/dogs, then yes, I agree with you.
I personally like both animals, though I prefer cats generally. However, it mainly depends on the breed of either animal, and the individual animal's temperament.
▬▬★▬▬▬▬★▬▬▬▬

Some thread's I've seen aren't joking. One was titled "Cats are man's enemy" and with what it said inside she wasn't joking. She completely ignored the positives of cats and just completely bashed them ignoring any argument that dog's have their faults too

▬▬▬▬★▬▬▬▬★▬▬

I see.
I also take those people with a grain of salt. They're not worth my worry. People like that have their ignorant minds set on one thing and one thing only.
Also, it's possible she is a troll and likes to see the reactions she gets. In which case, she is getting enjoyment from you.

Bloodthirsty Carnivore

27,550 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Brett Casey
xXFurygeistXx
Brett Casey
not being prejudice but im just saying i dont like cats because of 3 strays that attacked me all at once when i was 6 thats why i dont like them.
What exactly were you doing to provoke the attack? Did you have food on you?

was just walking back from the local swimming pool an they came out of a bush an attacked me. think they may have thought i was invading their turf? idk
Hee, maybe they thought you were a fish. But seriously, yeah, you probably walked into their territory and they thought you were a threat. That or there were kittens nearby that they were protecting...

Questionable Creature

▬▬★▬▬▬▬★▬▬▬▬

@Vingilote
I only posted two short posts. I don't see what enjoyment she could get out of me. But either way with the arguments she made and how she replied she wasn't any troll. She was just seriously prejudice and saw nothing good in cats and wouldn't argue

▬▬▬▬★▬▬▬▬★▬▬

Profitable Consumer

12,350 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Rebuilder 100
Naya Merai
▬▬★▬▬▬▬★▬▬▬▬

@Curly
And thats why I put in the bold notes part a note to emphasize that I was pointing out in both situations people were ignorant. I never said people where some horrible monsters for completely bashing the side they hated and not seeing its positives. I said they were ignorant for it. And you can't deny that in both situations people are ignorant. I'm comparing the ignorance of both not saying people who hate one species completely and don't see its positives are bad people

▬▬▬▬★▬▬▬▬★▬▬

Actually, no. Neither side is being ignorant.

You're obviously looking at this with a selfish persective. There is no such thing as a universal good quality. It's all dependant on a persons tastes, the loyal aspects of some dogs could be considered clingy, and the and the self reliant attitude of some cats can come off as frosty. It's all personal, and because of that, any shared qualities amongst the species could be considered all bad depending on the person reviewing them.

and that is why people are entitled to dislike

on an ironic note, expecting and demanding everyone to think like you is pretty autocratic. Makes it pretty bad for you to be throwing nazi analogies around.

Bloodthirsty Carnivore

27,550 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Chosan
xXFurygeistXx
The ugliest cat is still cuter than the cutest dog.
That's an awfully biased comment to make.
I said it as a joke. =.=;; Lighten up.

Hallowed Wolf

xXFurygeistXx
Brett Casey
xXFurygeistXx
Brett Casey
not being prejudice but im just saying i dont like cats because of 3 strays that attacked me all at once when i was 6 thats why i dont like them.

was just walking back from the local swimming pool an they came out of a bush an attacked me. think they may have thought i was invading their turf? idk
Hee, maybe they thought you were a fish. But seriously, yeah, you probably walked into their territory and they thought you were a threat. That or there were kittens nearby that they were protecting...

idk all i knew was 1 min i was standing the next i was limping home with my legs, arms an face all clawed up.

Questionable Creature

▬▬★▬▬▬▬★▬▬▬▬

@Straight Ace
OMG I NEVER SAID PEOPLE WEREN'T ENTITLED TO DISLIKE. I just think saying one species is all good and the other is completely horrible is stupid. Its those people that completely ignore any arguments to each having their faults as well as positives who annoy me. People that just dislike one for some reasons but know they have positives other people prefer, I'm perfectly fine with

▬▬▬▬★▬▬▬▬★▬▬
Naya Merai
▬▬★▬▬▬▬★▬▬▬▬

@Curly
And thats why I put in the bold notes part a note to emphasize that I was pointing out in both situations people were ignorant. I never said people where some horrible monsters for completely bashing the side they hated and not seeing its positives. I said they were ignorant for it. And you can't deny that in both situations people are ignorant. I'm comparing the ignorance of both not saying people who hate one species completely and don't see its positives are bad people

▬▬▬▬★▬▬▬▬★▬▬

You're totally missing Curly's (and my) point. You cannot compare the supposed ignorance of a group of people online in a silly debate about cats and dogs to the ignorance of racists and those responsible for the Holocaust. It is highly, highly disrespectful and insulting. Prejudice, racism, and the Holocaust are three very serious subjects, and bringing them up during something like this because OMG some people just don't like a certain animal is ridiculous.

Saying that the people in this forum that are going on about how they hate cats or dogs for no reason at all are ignorant? Go ahead. Just don't mention racism or the Holocaust while doing so. All it does is make you look ignorant yourself, not to mention rather callous, as there is absolutely no comparison to be made between the suffering of people and a silly online debate.

5,850 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Naya Merai
0o DJ-ToXiC o0
I noticed a lot of people are calling this whole thing "Hateful, Prejudice, Rage, Flame, ect." But thats not that this whole thing is about. Yes there are the people who do Rage/Flame/Hate When something like this takes place but thats not the point of this.
This whole thing is for the love of Debate. To get people talking and to just straight up have a good discussion/debate. thats the reason I'm here, I just love to Debate about things like this.
▬▬★▬▬▬▬★▬▬▬▬

Which like I said I'm fine with. I just dislike when some people take it to an extreme. Thats the point of my thread

▬▬▬▬★▬▬▬▬★▬▬

And i understand that,
I wasn't targeting you specifically, just to others that think the whole idea gaia had was like that.
And i agree with you completely, I just love debating :3 haha

Bloodthirsty Carnivore

27,550 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Brett Casey
xXFurygeistXx
Brett Casey
xXFurygeistXx
Brett Casey

idk all i knew was 1 min i was standing the next i was limping home with my legs, arms an face all clawed up.
Were the cats fighting one another when you came upon them? You may just have been in the middle...strays don't usually attack like that for no reason. They prefer to give warnings before they face off. They only times I can think of a cat doing that is if they were protecting their kittens or you got in the middle of them fighting.

Questionable Creature

▬▬★▬▬▬▬★▬▬▬▬

@tarts
you know what thinking I can't compare the ignorance of each is a freaking opinion. I respect that you have an opinion but I have my own and that would be that trying to say something is less severe as something else just because its not as violent is a pathetic excuse to say its okay. We both have our opinions but neither are proven facts

▬▬▬▬★▬▬▬▬★▬▬

3,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Person of Interest 200
No one is being prejudice. I like dogs slightly better than cats. I own a cat and i think they are cute and i love them. Same goes to dogs. We are just saying the ones we like just a little more. It could be allergies or something or they don't own them so they don't know.

Hallowed Wolf

xXFurygeistXx
Brett Casey
xXFurygeistXx
Brett Casey
xXFurygeistXx
Brett Casey

Were the cats fighting one another when you came upon them? You may just have been in the middle...strays don't usually attack like that for no reason. They prefer to give warnings before they face off. They only times I can think of a cat doing that is if they were protecting their kittens or you got in the middle of them fighting.

fighting each other im not sure, they may had been in the bush, all i knew was it was getting dark an i needed to get home so i may had walked in on a fight

Questionable Creature

xSwaggChikx
No one is being prejudice. I like dogs slightly better than cats. I own a cat and i think they are cute and i love them. Same goes to dogs. We are just saying the ones we like just a little more. It could be allergies or something or they don't own them so they don't know.
▬▬★▬▬▬▬★▬▬▬▬

I'm not talking about the people that just slightly like one more than another. I specifically said the people that think there is nothing good about the other. I've been seeing some threads where people completely dislike the other and refuse to listen to any argument about how they both have positives and negatives

▬▬▬▬★▬▬▬▬★▬▬
Naya Merai
▬▬★▬▬▬▬★▬▬▬▬

@tarts
you know what thinking I can't compare the ignorance of each is a freaking opinion. I respect that you have an opinion but I have my own and that would be that trying to say something is less severe as something else just because its not as violent is a pathetic excuse to say its okay. We both have our opinions but neither are proven facts

▬▬▬▬★▬▬▬▬★▬▬

Maybe so, but everything I say still stands. It is utterly ridiculous to go OMG PREJUDICE RACISM HOLOCAUST over such a trivial topic. Maybe you'll see why when you grow up.

That's really all I have left to say. Good day, sir.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff